Yell Sound, Shetland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to that Badbadnotgood album right now, and surprised by how much I'm enjoying it.

Fuck me that band name makes me cringe though.

The band name is SHIT

One of the best things in any way, shape or form related to Odd Future though. It's the new Frank Ocean record and this. And that's about it.

What's the Odd Future relation?

The MBV cover is quite something. And unexpected.

Yeah, Flashing Lights was my favourite.

I honestly went in expecting some noisy cacophonic wank and it wasn't that at all.

Anyone like Allo Darlin'? I see they're playing at the Tote on October 4th which even though its a Thursday night, I'm keen.

Yeah, I reckon their latest album is a significant improvement on their first. Some really good songs. It's eerie how closely the lyrics of Tallulah parallel parts of my life, especially my year at UQ.

When I first heard Tallulah, I figured it was the album's quiet song that I'd probably skip most of the time on future listens. Then I noticed the lyrics. I mean, fuck me, I could've written this:

On the drive from St Lucia to Surfer's
In my old university car
We had the windows down for our air con
The door was so hot that you burned your arm
It was the tail end of the summer
And the heat washed in with the breeze
And you were searching for something to sing to
As the radio played another terrible song

Replace "old university car" with "mother's car" and that's a perfect description of so many days in 2006, travelling between uni and family/friends down on the Coast.

Yeah, I'm pretty keen to go. Keep meaning to give Charlotte the album to see what she thinks since I think she's only heard a couple of tracks yet.

I see the gig's not yet on the Tote's Oztix page either. They can be a bit inconsistent with getting listings updated on both their site and Oztix. Can't see it being very expensive though.

Though like Badbadnotgood, christ is Allo Darlin' one shocking band name.

Sweet.

Yeah interesting name. But they make some good tunes. Will have to go back and get the older album next.

Better get my skates on and organise my Alpine ticket!

Yeah, I see Alpine's added a second show on the Sunday! Still some tickets for Saturday though. We might end up doing both, not sure.

Let's do that Sunday one! We can go out beforehand

Ooh, that'd be good. Let's do thangs.

Incidentally, I see on Facebook that you can book private spaces at the Local Taphouse for Grand Final day to watch the game, drink awesome drinks, and eat awesome food. I'm kind of tempted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j-V2cw27JI&feature=relmfu

what is this song

I don't even care I just like it when he falls down the stairs.

Well christ, thanks Vlad, now I've fallen down a hole of bad DIY 3D videos. It's okay though, because I've found a video so good that I'll never have to go on Youtube ever again.

Australian hung parliment parody.wmv - YouTube

Clearly nothing depicts the hung parliament quite as accurately as this.

saving planet earth, small steps - YouTube

wendyvainity said:
A silly animated video with an important message
(I did this originally as an entry to a competition)

the top commenter said:
Imagine being on the panel that reviewed the submissions for this competition, and you're trudging along watching all these artsy-fartsy submissions with cheery music and tips from skinny guys who ride bicycles and listen to sensitive indie rock, and then this comes along and drowns all of your expectations in the cosmic sea of absolute chaos.

This. This is what the internet is all about. I'm dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom