Will U2 play the REAL lead single on Fallon show ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, you folks watching are going to have to clarify for me because I'm not sure I've 100% followed. U2 performed Ordinary Love acoustically with The Roots in the NBC studios, and it featured a snippet of Stairway to Heaven. Is that correct?
Snippet of Stairway at the beginning, acoustic performance, and The Roots joined in at the end for maybe a minute or so.

OK, you folks watching are going to have to clarify for me because I'm not sure I've 100% followed. U2 performed Ordinary Love acoustically with The Roots in the NBC studios, and it featured a snippet of Stairway to Heaven. Is that correct?

Edge played a few notes of Stairway as a joke, but I wouldn't say that it even counts as a snippet.

No.

Edge played the first few measures of Stairway as a joke.

Then a restart into Ordinary Love. Performed acoustic. Roots joined for the last chorus and an outro of Bono singing "Questlove" (the drummer's name from The Roots).

it was more like

Stairway To Heaven (snippet) / Ordinary Love (acoustic, then the CODA with The Roots)

Edge started out with the Stairway to Heaven riff as a joke. But yes, they played it acoustically and The Roots joined in at the very end. Adam had an acoustic bass and Larry had a tambourine.

For those of us not in America what was said in the interview?

Almost nothing.

Seriously, I can barely remember what was said. I think Fallon made Bono pretend he was accepting a coffee cup as an award.

His comedy is fine, his impressions are very good, but as has been said, Fallon is a shot interviewer.

For those of us not in America what was said in the interview?

Not much. Jimmy mentioned that they're nominated for an Oscar and there were some jokes made about playing high. Oh, and Jimmy wanted to hear Bono make a speech, so he asked him to make a speech about his coffee cup. That was funny.

Not much. Jimmy mentioned that they're nominated for an Oscar and there were some jokes made about playing high. Oh, and Jimmy wanted to hear Bono make a speech, so he asked him to make a speech about his coffee cup. That was funny.

Let it be known, in one of his absolutely finest moments, that the joke about playing high was made by The Edge.

Leave it to Bono to take over the tonight show for the last 15 min. Too funny, Jimmy just sat back ....Bono couldn't contain himself he gets so pumped up to perform new songs..he's such a great frontman. The audience on their feet just fueled him more....I love it.He did the same thing when they were on SNL..What a great first show for Jimmy. He's a great guy. Met him a few times very cool..so down to earth.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using U2 Interference mobile app

Snippet of Stairway at the beginning, acoustic performance, and The Roots joined in at the end for maybe a minute or so.

Fantastic, cheers. Info should be complete on the site now. (Anyone wondering about an article - that will have to wait until later, I've got a dinner engagement.)

Re: snippetry, far more tenuous things have been counted in the past. I'm happy to acknowledge any clear allusion to another song.

Let it be known, in one of his absolutely finest moments, that the joke about playing high was made by The Edge.

:applaud: Edge is absolutely hilarious if given the opportunity. He should have his own talk show when he gets really old. I would watch The Edge Show. :yes:

Bono killed it.

But he still thinks Frozen is going to win.

Honestly, I think "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?" is the superior song from Frozen. They both should have been nominated. But, yeah, "Let It Go" still kicks ass and is better than "Ordinary Love" and it should take home the statue.

Has the show finished now? U2 performed invisible and ordinary love?no interview?

Honestly, I think "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?" is the superior song from Frozen. They both should have been nominated. But, yeah, "Let It Go" still kicks ass and is better than "Ordinary Love" and it should take home the statue.

All the gay men and 7-year old girls I know are *obsessed* with "Frozen." And the moms like it too because it's got a great pro-girl progressive message.

I like OL a lot though, and was an early champion of its strong lyrics.

Has the show finished now? U2 performed invisible and ordinary love?no interview?

Yep its over. What you said is pretty much correct. There was a tiny 'interview' if you can call it that, but it was mostly just small talk and jokes. Nothing of substance :p

Back
Top Bottom