Will Hawaii be a BIG Show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will be a big show, will probably have a duet with Eddie Vedder. As far as pulling out something brand new that night. Doubt it seriously. They will probably do Party Girl or something similiar. But nothing that hasnt been done previously.

i heard daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car as a bumper for a talk radio show last night. followed at the next commercial break by i still haven't found...

your signature reminded me of it. it was so weird. i don't know where to post that odd tidbit.

but my real post is, i was supposed to go to Hawaii, and now i can't get off of work, because I opened my own business between the orig, and now. I'm bummmmmed, because it will be a

BIG show! I predict one for the ages.

The prospect of my two favorite bands not only playing the same concert but together is just mind-boggling.

Bad into "40" to close...:drool:

I can't fucking WAIT for this show! And I'm not even going! It's going to be one hell of a setlist party though! :D

Do you think they will have fireworks? :) Has anybody else been to a tour closer/finale? Do they usually go nuts and play longer? Hope so!
I can't wait !! This is a good choice for my first U2 show ya?
I have seats on the side row 28 first section. I hope I can see part of the screens, but if not oh well, I will see the band just fine and I will be jumping out of my shoes for sure!! :rockon: :dancing:

24 or 25 songs?????

There's people flying in from all over the world for this show! They'd better pull off 30-40 and with an all out superstar jam to boot! I'm talking 4 guitarists strumming; 3 drummers drumming; 2 vocalists humming and a helluva sexy bass player on the B-stage!

And I can't say it enough -- F THE CURFEW!!!!

I went to the Seattle Popmart December 1997.
It was memorable, a great show, full of behind the stage tricks. I think Fintan Fiztergald was pulled out, dressed as a woman and got to 'dance with Bono'.
Too bad for all the girls waiting for him. :sad:

I hope this show will pull out all the stops, I'm going to it.

westendgirl said:
24 or 25 songs?????

There's people flying in from all over the world for this show! They'd better pull off 30-40 and with an all out superstar jam to boot! I'm talking 4 guitarists strumming; 3 drummers drumming; 2 vocalists humming and a helluva sexy bass player on the B-stage!

And I can't say it enough -- F THE CURFEW!!!!

I hear dat! :yes:

The Elevation Tour closer was amazing.
Just pure energy in the air.
i swear you could have recharged your cell phone just by putting it up in the air.
They didn't do anything special though - pretty normal setlist - though they did do an A M A Z I N G acoustic In God's Country (top five faves for me!) so I was in heaven.
I gurantee we get at least one or 2 duets. Def Rockin in the Free World.
Larry came out and played with Garbage. It would be cool to see Bono come out during PJ's set and do a song.

I found this on the show review thread for Auckland 1. This is cool, we should do all red balloons to match our red shirts and release them during ONE!

What do you think? Check this out!!

The balloons during Streets were amazing!!! The NZ fanclub organised to take along orange, white and green balloons and blow them up when Streets started, and then to release them when Bono started singing 'Love, Love, Love..."

From where I was in the stands it was like magic. As the song opened, all these balloons appeared out of nowhere in the closed off part. There were hundreds of them! Everyone held on them, waving them about until the "love" part, and then let them go. When the song finished, Bono was speechless, he didn't know what to say, and when he did speak he said "Wow, thats huge for 4 little Irishmen..." his voice breaking as he was saying it....awesome awesome awesome....

Right now I'm looking forward to this show so much that I don't care what they play (although I'm dying to hear Streets). First time seeing U2, first time seeing Pearl Jam, first time in Hawaii...holy crap I just wanna get my ass to the airport NOW!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if I'll miss LAPOE if we don't get it in Hawaii. I'd prefer that another song be dropped instead (I'm looking at you, BTBS), but if we get WITS and One Tree Hill, I will have absolutely no complaints. :drool:

I'm glad to see LAPOE dropped. It's in the middle of that whole "political" set, which gets a little long, imo. I wish Bono would stop relating every song in that set to one of his political or social messages. I miss the old Streets, before Bono started relating it to Africa. That's my biggest gripe about this tour... the politics.

ultravioletluvv said:
I'm glad to see LAPOE dropped. It's in the middle of that whole "political" set, which gets a little long, imo. I wish Bono would stop relating every song in that set to one of his political or social messages. I miss the old Streets, before Bono started relating it to Africa. That's my biggest gripe about this tour... the politics.

That's exactly why I love it! To each his own.

I personally would rather them drop bullet than LAPOE - considering this tour is supposed to be promoting the BOMB album you think they would have kept it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom