Wide Awake In Europe -- Fair Trade Listing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Given the limited availability of the WAIE release and the potential variability in how many copies various stores will let customers purchase, there may be potential for people who get more copies than they need to help other fans out. For example: i'll be camped out Friday morning in front of a store that tells me that they might now get it. If I, for some reason, come across the chance to pick up more than one copy, I am more than happy share the good fortune and send any extra albums to other fans who weren't so lucky. And vice versa, hopefully. It's all gonna have to be based on faith, but whatever. Maybe no first-time posters to help ensure we don't get scammers just looking to score the album without really being part of the fan community?

Kind of a pipe-dream, I guess....But if you're interested in taking part (that is, taking part in both aspects---sending to others listed if you get extras, OR receiving if people are open to sharing), then list an email to be contacted by.

Worth a shot for us all, given the rarity of the album & presence of re-sellers out for a profit.

I'll start:

utooguy AT gmail DOT com

:pray:
:wink:

I'm fine with joining, though I'm not in the US or UK/Ireland so there's a small chance I'll have access to stuff you guys won't. I can easily get Boy/October/War/UF/JT vinyls though. Would love to exchange one for WAIA or Zooropa.

And I'm a hypocrit and would sell for 10x the price, ofcourse. :wink:

i may have a lead on one or more copies, of which i'd share.

if i cant get any, i'd hope someone would be just as generous.

furcoat AT gmail DOT com

I'm in Ireland and unlikely to get one although have a few feelers out. I would be willing to trade another UK/Ireland collectible for WAIE if anyone has a spare.

If anyone is able to pick up a copy, I'd be eternally gracious.

I've asked in two record stores in Copenhagen, it looks like a total no-go.

jonathan @ puntervold . dk

Great idea Utoo!

Folks, check out Zia Record Exchange -- Movies, music and games. I just ordered one & they confirmed. I tried to order two so that I'd have one to give away here & I got a personal email back saying that they can only sell one per customer, but that they'd honor my request for one.

Even though I won't be shopping now, I still think that this thread is a decent idea & hope that anyone who finds any extras can contribute.

Thanks for the tip. I placed an order, but I have my doubts. I called the store and the girl who answered says that website orders go through their warehouse, but she is sure if I was able to place an order there would be no problems...

I just got another email from them that my order is packaged and will ship with their next mailing. Should be good.

Utoo, did you email them yourself to find that out or did that come on it's own? I placed an order probably 15 minutes after you posted the link (if even) - wondering if I should call/email to try to confirm and all that. I clicked my order link, says "Funds authorized" and usually ships in two business days.

Here's hoping.

Utoo, did you email them yourself to find that out or did that come on it's own? I placed an order probably 15 minutes after you posted the link (if even) - wondering if I should call/email to try to confirm and all that. I clicked my order link, says "Funds authorized" and usually ships in two business days.

Here's hoping.

Mine said "funds authorized" for a few hours, and then I got the email that it was packaged and ready to go.

I'd first gotten a more personal email about 20 minutes after ordering. I had tried to order 2 copies, one for me and one for a friend in case his lead failed. I didnt try ordering any more than that because i didnt want to push my luck. However, I got an email from a guy named Matt saying that each person was only allows one copy because of the demand. A few hours after that, I got the "packaged and ready to ship" email.

This thread: :up:

Unfortunately (for this occassion) I'm living in Holland and no record store around this place thinks they're able to get it. But I've several pre-orders going on. So maybe I'll end up with 10 copies :)wink:)

If I won't succeed , I'm glad to offer Artificial Horizon on vinyl, I've got a spare copy for occassions like this. (or Zooropa or Pop. I know where to find those in our stores :hmm:)

vanommen [@] gmail [dot] com

If anyone can get me a copy I'd be so happy! Had my orde cancelled by Amazon, likewise by Tower Records, Dublin (who had it for pre order then cancelled it a few hours later), called six different shops in London and Essex who said they've all been accounted for already....close to giving up!!!! If someone gets a spare one I'll cover all the costs to ship it to England, plus a bit on top to buy themselves a drink or two! Worth a try I guess. My email craig_ablitt81 at msn dot com

If anyone in Toronto, or anywhere for that matter, happens to get an extra copy, I'd be willing to buy a copy. I have an amazon.ca preorder for Dec 17th, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be cancelled. I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for all the legwork anyone with an extra copy put in to obtaining it.

dave_is_grimey@hotmail.com

Hey all, I hope this is still the appropriate "fair trade" threat. I waited for an hour for my local record store to open, got in, and then they told us that they never got any of the records. I'm super bummed. I have an extra Artificial Horizon vinyl that I'd love to trade for WAIE if anyone managed to pick up an extra.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom