who's gonna DESCRIBE your wild horses. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^:mad: My season does not exist until April............it's soooo cold here :sad: My fall season was :drool: I'm on *lamest name ever* Friends of Shenedehowa Crew, with my high school in upstate NY.

^^That's cool, viva (can I call you that?) :) We're in winter training mode now, but hopefully we'll be getting back out on the water soon. Our first race of the spring season is at the end of March - it's coming up so quickly! :yikes:

:hug: Kayla, you make me laugh. :D

^Sure, Viva or Kara, I don't mind :laugh:

<---------- jealous of March racing :wink: It's freezing here even in April, it's never really warm until the summer...........then it's ridiculous :huh: So do you scull or sweep? I'm a starboard bow :dancing:

:nerd: *DORK ALERT!* :nerd:

So I was just scrolling down and I noticed that viva, Kayla and I joined this forum one month apart...November '05, December '05, and January '06. :dancing: Cool!

*is easily entertained* :D

Kara, that's a pretty name :) I'm a sweep rower, usually port 4 seat in the eight, but I rowed starboard 3 over winter break so I can row starboard if I have to. (I'm much better on port, though.) :wink: I've never tried sculling, but it looks really fun (and kind of scary, lol...I think I would be no good at steering! :yikes:).

^ Thanks :hug: x infinity

Sculling :barf: I did it for two years in middle school and last summer I was finally allowed to do sweep since I'm on the high school team now :dancing:

<-------------has absolutely NO talent at port...........if you can row port, you are automatically awesome :wink:

vivalapopedge said:
^ Thanks :hug: x infinity

Sculling :barf: I did it for two years in middle school and last summer I was finally allowed to do sweep since I'm on the high school team now :dancing:

<-------------has absolutely NO talent at port...........if you can row port, you are automatically awesome :wink:

:lol: I feel the same way about starboards, actually. :wink: I can do it if I have to, but it doesn't come naturally to me at all...I must've caught about twenty crabs that week! :ohmy: :huh:

^^:lol: I remember I caught a MAJOR crab at my first regatta, like right at the finish line where everyone could see me :laugh: I had only caught minor ones in practice then WHAM :giggle:

Do you cox at all? :hmm:

catching crabs=always fun!!! :crack:

i see you're a port cabcere :sexywink:

haha, me too...i'd like to row starboard this season though cos ports are more competitive on our team and starboard is the only chance i have to make A boat...i doubt my coach would let me switch though

vivalapopedge said:
^^:lol: I remember I caught a MAJOR crab at my first regatta, like right at the finish line where everyone could see me :laugh: I had only caught minor ones in practice then WHAM :giggle:

Do you cox at all? :hmm:

Aww, that stinks. At least it was at the end though, instead of falling behind at the very beginning of the race and having to catch up to the other crews from the start. :wink: I don't think I've ever caught a crab during a regatta (yet...*knock on wood* :yikes: ), but definitely during practices. :|

I've coxed exactly once, and that was during the "learn-to-row" period when nobody really knew what they were doing. Luckily my stroke seat had rowed before and she was able to walk me through it (actually, she pretty much coxed, told me how to steer and what to say and all). I don't know what I would've done without her! To this day, I still don't know why my coach wanted me to cox in the first place. I'm 5'7" and definitely not a lightweight...add "horrible sense of direction" to that and you've got a recipe for trouble! :laugh: What about you?

^^I cox for the middle school kids...........when they're really desperate :lol: I'm good at steering, but not so good at encouraging, I get so wrapped up in the steering I forget about the kids :laugh: My younger sister is really good at coxing :up:

VertigoGal said:
catching crabs=always fun!!! :crack:

i see you're a port cabcere :sexywink:

haha, me too...i'd like to row starboard this season though cos ports are more competitive on our team and starboard is the only chance i have to make A boat...i doubt my coach would let me switch though

Hey VGal! :wave: Yeah, crabs are just great...lol. :rolleyes:

Hooray for ports! :wink: (And starboards too, Kara...don't know what we'd do without you! :drool: ) I feel like it's good to know how to row both sides, but given the choice, I would always choose to row port. :yes: Good luck with getting into the A boat, I really hope that works out for you! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom