Which Is Better? (Bruce Springsteen tix policy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TM just revised Sprinsteen's order page for tomorrow's L.A. sales at the Pantages. Rule: You can only buy a total of 2 tickets for L.A. Not two tickets per show but 2 tickets period. Sounds better and better.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
pearl jam let you pick up your MSG tickets a day in advance... i think it was at the hotel pennsylvania across the street from the garden too... not at the ticket box office.
I'm well aware of that, it gave the scalpers (there are definitely some scalpers with 10club memberships, some with very high seniority) an easier opportunity to unload tickets for those shows than the normal system.
Pearl Jam's 10club system works fairly well, but is far from scalper-proof, and if U2 or Springsteen went with that type of system it would be abused even moreso.

jp56 said:
For the Reunion tour in 1999-2000, Bruce used the will call method for the first 17 rows on the floor and you could only pick them up the night of the show.

I still think this was the best way I have ever seen the best seats distributed to the fans. You could only get them via the phone and 2 per show and 1 show per each city.

Agreed...and you had to enter the venue immediately after picking up the tix.

Bruce is doing this b/c his tour (this leg at least) is very small - I mean, he's playing at the Orpheum! For his purpose I think it's appropriate & works to the benefit of fans- but it's not appropriate for U2's tour.

U2 did have other options that would avoid the lining up, but haven't employed those option.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
we should all get computer chips implanted into our heads... that way anyone who tries to enter the venue with a ticket bought through a scalper gets an electric shock sent into their brain, causing permanent brain damage.

thus would end scalpers once and for all.
Nah....once you were shocked and had brain damage, it would be easier for scalpers to sell you more tickets at higher prices.

All I know is that pairs of Springsteen tix for Boston are selling well over 1K on eBay. Doesn't seem to me like that policy is working at all...

Yes, I'm still bitter about not getting tickets. Can you tell? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom