Where are you going for your vacation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kiki said:
somewhere in the Caribean. we've not decided which exact destination.....we're CRAZY like that! we leave tomorrow....
lmao jk.
a couple of months though.

ST JOHN:bow:

We went there last January for our honeymoon:drool: it's truely paradise!! Sooo beautiful and relaxed:drool:

Our vacation to Hawaii in December:crazy: was enough for this year....planes:crazy: Honolulu:crazy: the Nimitz highway...:scream: never again!!!!

:uhoh: looks like I'm the only European posting here.
But anyway, I'll go across the Europe(France, England, Holland,Belgium, Austria, Germany) with the truck for three weeks, yeah, with the real big truck:wink: :hyper: And Then, maybe with Motobike to the Alps for a week,

I've been on tour with my father who is a truck driver several times, and even been to the US. :)
Well, the US here in Germany because he supplies the US bases in the south of Germany with milk, milk shakes, yoghurt, and so on. So I've visited places like Ramstein, Würzburg, Nürnberg, Stuttgart and all the cities that have a base. :)
And when you enter the base you are on US soil. :)

WildHoneyAlways said:
It looks like I'll be visting the Dominican Republic this summer. (it looks like we'll be staying in Punta Cana right now) I haven't been on vacation in 2 years. Hooray for coaching stipends!

Punta Cana is nice (much better than Puerto Plata).

Favourite place in the Caribbean though for me - Jamaica (Negril).

I'm a starving law student and I've been to London and then the Netherlands (Hague, Amsterdam, Groningen) in Jan/Feb so that will probably do it for me. I do have a reasonably good job this summer so I am thinking of spending some time in Nantucket at the end of August or possibly the Canadian Rockies. We'll see.

Amsterdam in june for a few days. 2nd yr running :drool:

Then greece for 2 weeks in july for some of the finest hedonism going. Corfu to be exact :dance:

Going down to Sayulita, Mexico - a little surfing village on the southwest Pacific coast -- at the end of this month for a week. It'll be me, the guys I DJ with, and assorted friends. I'm looking forward to surfing and not being sober.

:wink:

Hey everyone!!:happy:

I'm going to Dublin in the summer hopefully july!!!:D

I hope everyone has a great time on their holidays!!!

I probably won't go anywhere until fall, and then it will just be where ever The Church play that I can make. So it's going to be a lovely few days of interstates, hotel rooms, and bars/clubs. Woo hoo! :)

And if what I'm working on now happens I should be in Atlanta for a day or two in early November. That will be kind of work, but enjoyable work.

Liesje said:
We're in Fort Morgan, Alabama so on one side is the Gulf and on the other is Mobile Bay.

Liesje:

You took some great pictures of my state. I have not been through Fort Morgan Road in about 4 years, but I was in Orange Beach about 3 weeks ago, and I am going to the Florida panhandle Wednesday. That part of the Gulf Coast (from Mobile, Alabama to Appalachicola, Florida) is our favorite region. We get down there whenever we can. The farm scene is the former Hallmark farm 15 minutes north of downtown Birmingham.

Your pictures truly put Alabama in a great light.

~U2Alabama

indra said:
and then it will just be where ever The Church play that I can make.

How are their more recent albums? Not to sound too poppish, but STARFISH is one of my all-time favorites. I love sitting out ont he deck at the beach at night listening to that album. "Under The Mily Way" and "Reptile" were two of the first songs I learned to play on guitar. I also liked GOLD AFTERNOON FIX, but SOMETIME ANYWHERE is the last one I bought and I wasn't crazy about it.

~U2Alabama

Last edited:
U2Bama said:

How are their more recent albums? Not to sound too poppish, but STARFISH is one of my all-time favorites. I love sitting out ont he deck at the beach at night listening to that album. "Under The Mily Way" and "Reptile" were two of the first songs I learned to play on guitar. I also liked GOLD AFTERNOON FIX, but SOMETIME ANYWHERE is the last one I bought and I wasn't crazy about it.

~U2Alabama

I'm not sure anyone was too crazy about SA. :uhoh: It was a tough time for them (or the two who remained at the time). I would recommend their newest "proper" album Uninvited, Like The Clouds as it is more reminiscent of their late 80s/early 90s work than most other recent albums.

Check out their Myspace page too as it has three songs from ULTC (Block; Day 5; and She'll Come Back For You Tomorrow -- listed as just Tomorrow on Myspace) and one (Song in the Afternoon -- a sunny little song) from their recent acoustic blend cd El Momento Siguiente. EMS (and it's predecessor El Momento Descuidado ) are also very cool acoustic reworkings of many of their songs with a few new songs sprinkled in (three newies on EMS; five on EDM). Here's the Myspace link

There's a video for Easy (also from ULTC) on YouTube. Click here for that one.

Thanks for the info; I like Song In The Afternoon a lot; I wasn't crazy about Block but the other two are good as well. I'll have to look up some of these albums; the acoustic ones would probably be my favorites.

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:
Thanks for the info; I like Song In The Afternoon a lot; I wasn't crazy about Block but the other two are good as well. I'll have to look up some of these albums; the acoustic ones would probably be my favorites.

~U2Alabama

Great version of Grind on EMS. And you'll hardly recognise Reptile! They did kind of a jazz/swing version -- there is a live video of it on their Myspace page. They made up the new version on the fly one night on their 2006 US tour when MWP left during the very first song (either a massive migrane or a massive hissy fit, depending on which story you believe) and the others plowed on. The did this piano driven version without him that night and then played it a few other times with MWP on guitar at other shows. It's a very fun version. :)

SK sounds great on the acoustic albums. His voice doesn't get overpowered.

indra said:

SK sounds great on the acoustic albums. His voice doesn't get overpowered.

What I noticed about his vocals on Song In the Afternoon is that it has not changed at all since Starfish - and that is a good thing. His voice perfectly complements Marty and Peter's guitarscape and the combination is what makes their music what it is. The lyrics and tunes are great, but it's the way the mix each others part that makes it stand out. I've already looked up some of their later releases and I see that several of their old albums have been re-issued in deluxe versions (which I've always wanted U2 to do). I've got two versions of the "Milky Way" single - a cassette single with "Musk" and "Warm Spell," and a 3" CD with Destination and "Milky Way"" acoustic, and I see that some of these are on the 2CD Starfish.

~U2Alabama

indra said:
I probably won't go anywhere until fall, and then it will just be where ever The Church play that I can make. So it's going to be a lovely few days of interstates, hotel rooms, and bars/clubs. Woo hoo! :)

Hey, that's MY vacation plan!!! :wink:

I'm really hoping to go to Ireland later on in the year, possibly around October

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

The last time I was there was about .... hmmm ... 12 years ago. So it's about time for another visit!! I'm soooo excited with the idea of it. With any luck, I can spend at least a couple months there, catching up with wonderful friends and travellin' around a bit.

:love:

Getting ready to leave today to my mom's vacation house at Fripp island resort South Carolina to go to the beach :D :hyper: :hyper:
Got my ipod and my cd's ready and hopefully husband's work laptop with a dvd player, can watch movie's in the car with wireless internet but there's no signal on that island :sigh: ready for a 5 hour road trip :happy:
We didn't get to go a few weeks ago but are going now.
Going to go to the swimming pools, whirlpool, tiki bars, resteraunts, boutiques, there's golf courses and tennis courts but I've never played golf or tennis there and have never played golf ever but I would like to do that sometime.
It's going to be 89 degrees there on tuesday :eek:
I'm on an island in a busy intersection :whistle:

Going to Edmonton in a couple weeks, renting a cottage in the Muskokas (northern Ontario) in August and then in the fall off to either Italy or Cuba... :hyper:

I don't really have the time or money to go anywhere this summer, so it'll all be small local trips with friends around New England, camping on the Cape, etc. I don't really count when I go visit people where I used to live in Michigan as vacation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom