Whatever Happened to "Spider-Man: The Musical?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Last summer, there was a snippet in Variety about Marvel Comics wanting to do a Spider-Man musical---and wanting Bono & Edge to do the music. Whatever happened with that?

I'm hoping they passed on it...:huh:

:hmm:

This just begs to be cheesy....though Julie Taymor does do some great stuff...........

I can see instrumental stuff like Edge's 'The Batman' theme, but I just can't really see Spider-Man singing lyrical songs. :shrug:

On a related note, how is that "Alex Descends..." is the only suriving proof from A Clockwork Orange? Sure, there was only one performance before it was canned. But did no one tape any of the rehearsals? There's got to be something out there. It's probably in the vault Edge said they have rigged to blow up if the band were ever going down in a plane...:wink:

Utoo said:
I'm hoping they passed on it...:huh:

I'm hoping they did, too. It would be utter crap, not to mention embarrassing for the band. I saw the "Spider-Man ROCKS!" show at Universal Studios... the scars still haven't healed.

This would be almost as bad as the idea of putting MacPhisto in Batman Forever. *shudders*

Re: Re: Whatever Happened to "Spider-Man: The Musical?"

SpaceOddity said:

I'm hoping they did, too. It would be utter crap, not to mention embarrassing for the band. I saw the "Spider-Man ROCKS!" show at Universal Studios... the scars still haven't healed.

This would be almost as bad as the idea of putting MacPhisto in Batman Forever. *shudders*

The MacPhisto thing might've been interesting, I don't know.

Re: Re: Re: Whatever Happened to "Spider-Man: The Musical?"

LemonMacPhisto said:

The MacPhisto thing might've been interesting, I don't know.

Hmm... MacPhisto as a character worked perfectly in the context of Zoo TV, but as a Batman villian? He'd have a shaky backstory at best - a crazy who thinks he's the cross of The Devil and a washed-up rock star. His antics would probably be too similar to The Joker... he kind of already looks like him, with the face and everything.

I don't know. Bono's not exactly a great actor, and I just don't think MacPhisto would've translated well to film. Then again, it probably wouldn't have sucked more than Batman & Robin. LOL.

:nerd:

It would've been a cameo if anything. I always pictured him singing at a scene where there's a party, nothing too substantial. It would be just enough for casual fans to go

"HEY, THAT'S BONO SINGING THE SONG FROM THE SOUNDTRACK, LET'S BUY IT!"

Perhaps a MacPhisto singing cameo can be worked into this Spider-man thing.........:hmm:

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom