What we really do know about NLOTH ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, hopefully so....but for some reason I'm imagining poppy, safe, commercial lyrics....I don't know why, but I just get this feeling I'm going to be let down from a lyrical perspective....I'm keeping my hopes up though, we'll see :)
:up:, same feeling I got, when reading the "Stand Up Comedy" part of our sources and imagining Bono still singing, when the other three alread had finished their work, when Lanois already had left, when Eno was revamping the complete songs, when the journalist is already in the house – only to hear Bono concede, that it's his fault, that the tune is not finished – and this it will get "new lyrics tomorrow". I'm really longing to hear the result, quality and content of such a songwriting-approach. And yes, we haven't heard anything yet, I still have high hopes:wink:

:giggle:

Actually I do like that rhyme....hopefully Bono will deliver :up:

I for some reason think that this album is going to be a mature version of War, seeing as some tracks (GOYB, Cedars, Tripoli) are about war.

I for some reason think that this album is going to be a mature version of War, seeing as some tracks (GOYB, Cedars, Tripoli) are about war.
So you see depth and topic theme underneath all our speculation of "handmade and electronica", with "Sexy Boots" meaning more than only hot legs of supermodels –which already is better than nothing, ey? – maybe pointing towards soldier's boots ... Hm, very interesting thought:hmm:

So you see depth and topic theme underneath all our speculation of "handmade and electronica", with "Sexy Boots" meaning more than only hot legs of supermodels –which already is better than nothing, ey? – maybe pointing towards soldier's boots ... Hm, very interesting thought:hmm:

I basically thought of that by looking at the descriptions.

...according to Alan Cross, in Get your boots on

Bono rhymes "submarine" with "gasoline."

Do you have a link to more descriptions? I missed the rest of yesterday's craziness. Did Cross put out any descriptions?

"Eno suggests, this is potentially both the best song the band had written and that he had worked on."

Isn't Breathe, according to the Edge, a f--- off live rocker and Eno hates rock music ?

I thought that very same thing. But isn't it a mid-tempo song as opposed to fast rock song? If so, then that might explain it.

actually, there has been some sort of misunderstanding here....because when we first heard Eno talking like this, he was definitely talking about Moment of Surrender, not Breathe, I remember this distinctly.....and now it seems there are quotes of him speaking like this about Breathe...so I don't really know which one Eno thinks is "the best" whatever....

...maybe he can't make up his mind :shrug:

although I would not be surprised if he was misquoted or there was confusion of some sort as to which track exactly Eno is so fond of...doesn't make sense to me :scratch:

Anythings possible...maybe he was really talking about Winter as opposed to both of those songs. Who knows? But if I had to guess I'd say he was talking about Breathe just because of the fact that he was working so hard on the 80 versions of it. That tells me that he wants to make it perfect.

I remember back in 1993 when Bono said that Babyface was the best song they ever made... and then in 2004 when many people stated that Sometimes was o par with One, so i will not give much credit to this kind of coments. Unfortunately i'm already expecting Moment of Surrender to be a killer song and i know i have a big chance of being disappointed. Again.

I remember back in 1993 when Bono said that Babyface was the best song they ever made... and then in 2004 when many people stated that Sometimes was o par with One, so i will not give much credit to this kind of coments. Unfortunately i'm already expecting Moment of Surrender to be a killer song and i know i have a big chance of being disappointed. Again.

Moment Of Surrender = Mercy.

Hold your horses... I must be missing something here
Wasn't Moment of Surrender recorder in one take, and real spur of the moment for the band.
How can it be mercy?

Oh God :doh:

Another Mercy discussion?

Mercy = Moment of Surrender
Michael Jackson = Janet Jackson
Bruce Wayne = Batman

I get it.....I get it. Could we atleast wait for the first listen before we LEAP to conclusions. I know for a fact that MOS is NOT Mercy....but just to pander to all of those MERCinaries who claim that Mercy MUST be on an album...I'll decline to comment further and keep your small hopes alive. :up:

Wow, Do you know for a fact ? What kind of fact ?

Q article/RS article

Moment of Surrender was described as being "created" during the current album sessions off of some chord changes that Eno suggested, which the band came together and just started playing to. In no time the song was born and the band recorded it in ONE take. It has a syncopated beat and a grand swell or something to that nature.

Mercy was created in prior sessions for HTDAAB and maybe even ATYCLB, it was worked on for a while and to my knowledge was not recorded in one take. It also does NOT have a syncopated beat, its actually more of a constant beat that doesn't change too much from beginning to end.

Not to mention the fact that everyone thinks MOS is one of the top two songs on the album....as opposed to a "glorified b-side".

The only similarities they may have is that they are longer than usual songs and U2 wrote them both.

Therefore Moment of Surrender is NOT Mercy.

I rest my case :wink:

Q article/RS article

Moment of Surrender was described as being "created" during the current album sessions off of some chord changes that Eno suggested, which the band came together and just started playing to. In no time the song was born and the band recorded it in ONE take. It has a syncopated beat and a grand swell or something to that nature.

Mercy was created in prior sessions for HTDAAB and maybe even ATYCLB, it was worked on for a while and to my knowledge was not recorded in one take. It also does NOT have a syncopated beat, its actually more of a constant beat that doesn't change too much from beginning to end.

Not to mention the fact that everyone thinks MOS is one of the top two songs on the album....as opposed to a "glorified b-side".

The only similarities they may have is that they are longer than usual songs and U2 wrote them both.

:up:

Thank you for this thread Zootvtourist! I'm glad someone put it all together like this. All this huge threads are impossible to read or go back to where the important information is. All this huge amounts of pages and merging of threads are making this part of the forum a little difficult to know about the new record or to know what's the latest news.

Q article/RS article

That was a great explanation, and i didn't know (or I forgot, cause i have read the Q magazine) "the fact" that "MOS" was created during the "NLOTH" sessions off of chord changes that Eno suggested.

However, like you said, it's a win win situation.

:wink:

Believe me Super Yo... Mercy is MOS

By the way, Aren't you gone 'cause work business?

Yesterday we missed you much on u2eastlink hysteria about Alan Cross issue!

Not the Mercy discussion again. MOS is a new song, Mercy won't be on any
U2 album. Sadly, I love the song, but it belongs to the Bomb era.

Back
Top Bottom