What was your first job?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gwenu2

The Fly
:madspit:
My mom says I got 4 months to find a job.
I've never had a job before:sad:

My sister's first job was at Pizza Hut, but she quit.....

My first job was a newspaper route, then babysitting.... however, since then I have had a number of job's that you can do for your first job:

-Cashier at Drug Store
-Camp Counsellor
-Special Needs Assistant
-Free Sample Person at Grocery Store
-Children's Birthday Party Hostess
-Video Store Clerk

Good luck!! You'll enjoy having $$$ in your pocket!

I worked for Hallmark ... a group of us would go around to Wallgreens and set up greeting cards displays.

I did that for a summer.

It was ok ... most of the people I worked with were way older that me.

Well, I babysat for years, but my first job job was when I was sixteen and I worked at a pizza/subs/ice cream place.

Good luck! :happy:

Well my first job was a paper route but my first real job was at a pizza place. I worked there for a year.

Ah, my first and only job was working at the daycare that I once went to....but I quit that after a year cause I moved....I still haven't found another job down in Florida :madspit:

I baby sitted and did some little jobs at my college. My first real job was at a movie theatre. I worked at the popcorn counter and at the numerous restaurants they had there. I worked there for a year.

Last edited:
my first job was when I was 16. I worked at Six Flags Over Georgia. I had a blast working there, it wasn't like a job but more like a reason to hang out with friends and get paid. I worked there for 2 1/2 years.

I worked in the ride section (Shannon, dont you dare say anything!:p ) That job was a big soap opera, oh I fell hard for a guy that i worked with his name was Adam. It was awesome and an easy way to make money in the Spring and Summer while in highschool.

georgia-cyclone2.jpg

My first job was as a Student Development Representative for the University of Northern Iowa. That's really just a nice way to say that I called UNI alumni and asked fthem to contribute money to the university - more or less a telemarketer. I pretty much hated it. :grumpy:

gwenu2 said:
:madspit:
My mom says I got 4 months to find a job.
I've never had a job before:sad:

My sister's first job was at Pizza Hut, but she quit.....

ooooooooh ooooooh evil evil i worked there this week for 5 days!!!!!!!!! and i ended up gettin bullied and was crying soi quit

When i turned 16 last year i got a summer job in tesco- supermarket- wasnt too bad bit boring tho but waaaaaaay better than PIZZA HUT!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Im needing another summer job i wanna work in virgin or HMV

I was a waitress at a Drug Store Soda Fountain. They made really good homemade hot roast beef sandwiches...yum. Everyone requested to have me make their malts. I thought that was cool. :cool: The worst thing was I had to work every Saturday. :mad:

My first job was at a discount clothing store called Ross Dress For Less (it's like TJ Maxx if you know what that is). Anyhoo, it was a crappy place to work. The customers were terrible, they threw clothes everywhere. No one ever got a raise (I worked there for 9 monthes and still made minimum wage) and we were terribly understaffed. :madspit:

I'm not sure which I started doing first, babysitting or a paper route. I guess I was 12 or 13 when I started doing that. When I was 14 I got a summer job detassling corn. For those of you who didn't grow up in the Corn Belt of the United States, that means you work 12-hour days in the cornfields, pulling tassels off ears of seed corn so they don't cross-pollinate, or something like that. It was a really sucky job and I hated it. Since it was Iowa and it was July it was unbearably hot and humid most days - and when it wasn't it was pouring down rain. I wanted to quit, but I had begged my parents to let me do it so I felt like I had to stick it out so they wouldn't be able to say "I told you so."

First job? I was a stripper......no I'm just kidding LOL

I think my first job was when I was 15/16 and I worked at a day camp. It was fun, but I'm glad I don't have to do that again LOL, it was tiring, I was looking after little kids aged 2-5, it's just physically taxing watching such young children, moms know what I'm talking about LOL

I just started yesterday! :)

Before this I had not real jobs, you know just like babysitting.....and if I did anything else it was volunteering.

But Monday I started my paid internship at this office for the Indoor Air Quality Association.

I'm either the biggest NERD or stuffing envelopes is really fun. The whole place is SO casual though, I love it. I get to listen to music whilst I do the envelopes. But I'll finish them tomorrow.

I knew I needed a summer job bc I have to help pay fer college in the fall. I was like WHERE DO I LOOK bc I wasn't old enough to work at half the places....then the places I applied to never got back to me. I got the number fer this office from my high school's guidance department. o_O Shibby.

"Hi! Welcome to Burger Chef, wouldja like fries with that??"

GAH!!! I was 16...my first job. *Not* Burger KING, this place was about 3 notches below that.....we had these Looooovely brown/orange/yellow polyester outfits (all SO my colors) and groovy matching weird 70s poofy hats...

ACK!!!

Attachments

• billcat.gif
    billcat.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 38
Discoteque said:
"Hi! Welcome to Burger Chef, wouldja like fries with that??"

GAH!!! I was 16...my first job. *Not* Burger KING, this place was about 3 notches below that.....we had these Looooovely brown/orange/yellow polyester outfits (all SO my colors) and groovy matching weird 70s poofy hats...

ACK!!!

HA HA HA! :lol: I had a lovely PINK polyester uniform and had to wear pigtails!

I flaked and didn't work until I started college:ohmy: But I was a college aide for my school district and worked with little kids! I loved it!!:cool:

I worked at Menard's from.. when I got my license until I left for college. It's about the best pay around for high school kids...
Right now I'm an unemployed bum but during the school year I work in the attic at one of the libraries on campus. I like my job very much :D

well, i babysat.....

my first job was i taught gymnastics lessons to little kids for 2 1/2 years.......

my first real job i just started....at target.....a bit tiring and boring, but it pays well and they hired me, so all is well.......

in sept i start an awesome job at "west mich. regional lab" on the campus of my college...can't wait!!!

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:

I worked in the ride section

i...am so stunned by this...i mean...there are so MANY things to say...perhaps i shall share a few of the less naughty ones...anda few of the naughty ones...^O_O^

• early starter eh?
  • good practice for later on.
  • did you do any gardening there? tilling...HOeing possibly?

Back
Top Bottom