War is crap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HOOOOWWW LOOOOONG TO SING THIS SONG.

Oh well is been fun, but I fear I must stop posting continuously in this one thread.

LISTEN TO WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exit thru Wire said:

I'm listening to War now, perhaps inspired by the thread. SBS sounds as fresh as ever, the album version is amazing.
"there's many lost but tell me WHO HAS WON?!!!"
This album is amazing!

once I got the R&H version, I've just never looked at the album version the same way. :shrug:

FUCK THE REVOLUTION! :rockon:

oh and for your info, I listened to War yesterday :madspit: :wink:

Yeh I love the R+H version, but I wont discount the album version. Just because one is better than the other, does not mean the other is crap.

VertigoGal said:

oh and for your info, I listened to War yesterday :madspit: :wink:

You are one of the chosen ones:bow: :wink:

Hi everyone...

Internet from a hotel in Tuscany :)

I don't know about War, if you look at my U2 top 10, there's two War songs in it (SBS and NYD) but if you look a my least favourite albums, it's

3. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
2. War
1. October

I guess itìs because of the lack of the other great songs, sure, you've got Surrender and Seconds, but that's about it.

Two Hearts Beat As One has a great bass, but not much more.
Drowning Man is boring.
Red Light is ... yuck ... amongst the worst ever U2 songs.
The Refugee is monotone, there is nothing cathcy about the song. There are just too many bas songs compared to the number of good songs.

My 2 cents.

Oh well.

Oh and: MISS SARAJEVO WAS PLAYED!!! W00T!
(If they play that at the second Milan show :drool: )

Good to hear your opinion, tho I dont agree with a lot of it sorry. Drowning Man BORING - how about emotional, melodic and the best song off the first 3 albums!!!!!

Good Luck in MILAN I hope for Miss Sarajevo too, I listen to Sarajevo concert 97 version which is :drool: Kinda funny, cos at the end of it Bono says

'I hope you enjoyed it, cos we cant fucking play it!' Its a great version tho. As for present day, I need to hear Bono singing the Pavarotti bit.

An original point by boystupidboy was about the crap videos.

NYD - whats not to like?
2Hearts - The band looks GOOD in this video!

What was it in particular you disliked? They are low budget and do the job - certainly not as bad as I will Follow and the no doubt high budget video shocker that is Discotheque. Its funny, but for the right reasons?

Lancemc said:
Drowning Man is the best song off the first 3 albums?

:laugh: :rolleyes:

Okay so I got carried away. :hyper:

Its excellent, but not the best.

Fav studio versions 1st 3 albums is.
1.NYD
2. Electric Co
3. Rejoice
4. Drowning Man
5. Stories for Boys

Lancemc said:
Drowning Man is the best song off the first 3 albums?

:laugh: :rolleyes:

In uwwedoogie's favourite songs poll

6 :New Years Day
16=: Gloria
16=: Drowning Man

These are the top 3 ranking songs off the first 3 albums, so DM is more popular than it is believed.

Exit thru Wire said:
As for present day, I need to hear Bono singing the Pavarotti bit.

You can hear Bono singing some of the Pavarotti parts in that documentary "Missing Sarajevo" on The best of 1990-2000.

I WILL SING, SING A NEW SONG! :wink:

Exit thru Wire said:
Yeh I love the R+H version, but I wont discount the album version. Just because one is better than the other, does not mean the other is crap.

True, but on the album version Bono's voice sounds all nasal-y like he has a bad head cold. Plus it has that...I dunno....fiddle! or something. it drives me insane :crazy:

I mean the song itself is awesome, but I just think the album performance is kinda blech.

VertigoGal said:

I mean the song itself is awesome, but I just think the album performance is kinda blech.

Fair enough, I'm not gonna convince anyone it seems.

Thanks for the info vivaSA. I keep meaning to buy it but keep forgetting. I saw it in the shops the other day, but bought elevation slane instead. I think I made the right choice. SLANE :drool: :drool: :drool: ALL I WANT IS YOU AT SLANE :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Exit thru Wire said:
Thanks for the info vivaSA. I keep meaning to buy it but keep forgetting. I saw it in the shops the other day, but bought elevation slane instead. I think I made the right choice. SLANE :drool: :drool: :drool: ALL I WANT IS YOU AT SLANE :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

No, All I Want Is You at Amsterdam 1!!!

Yeah, Slane does rock, but the best of 1999-2000 is also very good, many videos, commentaries by directors, some documentaries... Can't wait to have The best of 1980-1990 re-released on DVD to see those videos from WAR on DVD :drool: :wink:

vivaSA said:
Yeah, Slane does rock, but the best of 1999-2000 is also very good, many videos, commentaries by directors, some documentaries... Can't wait to have The best of 1980-1990 re-released on DVD to see those videos from WAR on DVD :drool: :wink:

Have you heard anything about a release date? It's madness that they havent put 80-90 on DVD

I WILL FOREVER CONSIDER WAR AS U2'S 1ST MASTERPIECE.

For the first few years of my U2-life, I thought that statement was a no-brainer. Even though most people don't think that way,
I can't help but feel what my :heart: tells me.

boystupidboy said:
It sounds old,dated,crap lyrics(with even crappier videos).
Discuss.............

<GASP!> Help me exit Thru Wire, suddenly I can't breathe... ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY?!!!!!! LOL. :wink:

I could try to persuade you of War!'s fantasticness but, at the end of the day, it's all a matter of opinion and who knows, next month you (or indeed, I,) may feel completely differently.

OK, the real reason is that I'm too tired. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I too love Drowning man and like the refugee (though can also understand why some people absolutely hate that song) and erm... that's it.

Re: Re: War is crap.

TheQuiet1 said:

<GASP!> Help me exit Thru Wire, suddenly I can't breathe... ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY?!!!!!! LOL. :wink:

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I too love Drowning man and like the refugee

:lol:

As a spokesman for all lovers of the War album I say

NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE

bashing of this wonderful album.

War is my 6th favourite album or the 5th least favourite.

I don't rate it better because it has 2 of U2 worst songs: The Refugee and especially Red Light :madspit: But I love all the rest

SBS and NYD are classics.

Seconds is pretty cool.

Like a song is awesome, pure anger.

Drowning Man is a beautiful and overlooked song.

Two Hearts beat as one sounds fresh, different from the rest of the album. Probably the first dancing tune that U2 made.

Surrender is also good and 40 is a great album closer and mythic live...

War is great - shut up and start a more interesting thread. When you call an album that contains "Sunday Bloody Sunday" "New Years Day" "Like A Song" "40" and "Drowning Man" crap then you are no U2 fan. Sorry but it's true. There's no room for different opinions on this one. End of story!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom