Wangs, Switzerland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, i happened to be reading back on an old thread at the same time as i was catching up on you guys scoring more tickets. in that context, it cracked me up.

it's a shot at you, but it's meant to be lighthearted. if you don't see it that way, i'm happy to take it down.

Hah, no, it's cool. Especially since I'm only doing 7 shows and will probably spend less than 50 hours queuing. :wink: I was just unsure if you were going for the jab at me or the loony types in the tour forum.

(To be perfectly honest, I'm more travelling for a holiday - U2's just a good motivating factor. I doubt I'd have the same amount of opportunities to travel with people and see places if it weren't for tying in the holiday with the concerts.)

Well, some of it would be work on my thesis, which ... I actually think will be enjoyable once I get going. Starting it feels like the hardest part.
ahh, i see. and yeah, starting such things is always the hard part. once i get going on a paper or whatever, then i can crank out however many pages i need.

many reasons :D

plus i now have an exact date to look forward to that it's january 15 or sometime in november :yippie:
:yippie:

and another date too :drool:

starting is overrated. i love how good i feel about everything this semester (except photography...way to suck the fun out of a subject), but i'm still procrastinating way too damn much.

I was meant to have had a couple of hundred words down on paper by last Monday for my thesis.

The word count remains at zero.

And wow, photography's not fun?

ahh, i see. and yeah, starting such things is always the hard part. once i get going on a paper or whatever, then i can crank out however many pages i need.

At this stage, I'm not even 100% sure what direction I want to take the thesis. I could take it in a few ... some feel a bit more effortless but get into vague wanky academia that I actively dislike, while other more grounded options will demand plenty of research.

So that's making the start even more intimidating. Like you, I'll probably crank out heaps of stuff once I just get going.

:yippie:

and another date too :drool:

exactly. once i'm going, i don't stop.

june 9th? :hyper:

I was meant to have had a couple of hundred words down on paper by last Monday for my thesis.

The word count remains at zero.

And wow, photography's not fun?

haha. great.

NO. you'd think they'd tell us how to take photos and set us loose. instead, it's an hour of editing information for photoshop and then three hours of a guy telling useless stories...we could fit the class into 45 minutes. i actually hate it. and it's on a friday afternoon. fuck OFF.

NO. you'd think they'd tell us how to take photos and set us loose. instead, it's an hour of editing information for photoshop and then three hours of a guy telling useless stories...we could fit the class into 45 minutes. i actually hate it. and it's on a friday afternoon. fuck OFF.

Oh man, that's lame. I could probably enjoy some tips on photo processing and stuff, since I tend to just upload my photos raw or only lightly edited ... but what's with these university people who seem to think we all want to hear hours on end of their stories. So glad that Honours seems to mostly dodge that bullet. Though ironically enough, today we were coaxing stories out of Stuart Macintyre about his involvement in the History Wars here during Howard's reign ...

Oh man, that's lame. I could probably enjoy some tips on photo processing and stuff, since I tend to just upload my photos raw or only lightly edited ... but what's with these university people who seem to think we all want to hear hours on end of their stories. So glad that Honours seems to mostly dodge that bullet. Though ironically enough, today we were coaxing stories out of Stuart Macintyre about his involvement in the History Wars here during Howard's reign ...

exactly. i'm going to start walking out, or sleeping, if the classes stay this bad.

the only positive is it looks almost impossible to fail, so it's an easy 15 points towards graduating.

At this stage, I'm not even 100% sure what direction I want to take the thesis. I could take it in a few ... some feel a bit more effortless but get into vague wanky academia that I actively dislike, while other more grounded options will demand plenty of research.

So that's making the start even more intimidating. Like you, I'll probably crank out heaps of stuff once I just get going.
ahh, i see. better to have several ideas than none at all, i suppose.

exactly. once i'm going, i don't stop.

june 9th? :hyper:
:drool:

of course :drool:

god yes. my godawful comedy script agrees. i got some laughs out of puns about the financial crises causing lego manufacturers to fall over, and a bite out of apples profits. in the future, you mind if i run ideas past you?

Comedy gold!

I'm rather worried about my 100,000th post. Everybody expects something special, probably something funny or meaningful, and I have nothing.

i need helped across the road like a little old lady. awww, yay. thanks. i realise now how useful it is to have someone to run ideas past.

You're going to sit down and stand up for Khan's love?

Comedy gold!

I'm rather worried about my 100,000th post. Everybody expects something special, probably something funny or meaningful, and I have nothing.

don't pay attention to it and hopefully end up with something comical?

You're going to sit down and stand up for Khan's love?

:laugh:

i'll run around in circles for it. i'm still so fucking incredibly lucky.

i need helped across the road like a little old lady. awww, yay. thanks. i realise now how useful it is to have someone to run ideas past.
awww yay.

ha, i know what you mean. given how much everyone's building it up, they're only setting themselves up for disappointment. it seems some are building it up so much there's no way anyone could live up to it.

i'll run around in circles for it. i'm still so fucking incredibly lucky.
awwwwwwww :cute:

Speaking of post milestones, Khan, your 50,000th better be the best post on this forum since my 100,000th!

holy shit, i didn't even realize i was so close. ha, it would be hilarious if it were timed so you hit 100k and i hit 50k at the same time.

That would be hilarious! I think I'll reach 100,000 in about 3-4 days. :uhoh:

No, I'm just basing it on my average rate of posting at the moment, and the fact I've nothing happening in the next few days. Alison's not here, FAR's busy, etc.

Edit: Oh, wait, I misread you. I thought you meant I was basing the estimate of 3-4 days on something epic. No, unfortunately, nothing epic is happening in 3-4 days, though I did just have an idea for #100,000 ...

Last edited:
Ah, well I should email you guys the Dutch updates I have on the Arena.

Do you happen to have Renato's emailadress? Since he's coming to Amsterdam as well I could just send it to him too.

No, I'm just basing it on my average rate of posting at the moment, and the fact I've nothing happening in the next few days. Alison's not here, FAR's busy, etc.

Edit: Oh, wait, I misread you. I thought you meant I was basing the estimate of 3-4 days on something epic. No, unfortunately, nothing epic is happening in 3-4 days, though I did just have an idea for #100,000 ...

Yeah I meant that it's gonna be a boring few days. :wink:

Oh, an idea? :hmm: We could perhaps coincide it with a new thread?

Ah, well I should email you guys the Dutch updates I have on the Arena.

Do you happen to have Renato's emailadress? Since he's coming to Amsterdam as well I could just send it to him too.

Could you PM it? Though his e-mail is u2gump[at]gmail.com I think.

Yeah I meant that it's gonna be a boring few days. :wink:

Oh, an idea? :hmm: We could perhaps coincide it with a new thread?

We coincided my 66,666th post with the start of Satansville, Pennsylvania, but that was a very lucky coincidence! :laugh:

I don't think what I've come up with is anything really spectacular to go with starting a new thread, but at least it's an idea ...

Could you PM it? Though his e-mail is u2gump[at]gmail.com I think.
Well I could, but I think Ali would rather check her email than interference these days. :wink:

We coincided my 66,666th post with the start of Satansville, Pennsylvania, but that was a very lucky coincidence! :laugh:

I don't think what I've come up with is anything really spectacular to go with starting a new thread, but at least it's an idea ...

Wow that's nice! :lol: Was it really a coincidence?

Well I could, but I think Ali would rather check her email than interference these days. :wink:

Wow that's nice! :lol: Was it really a coincidence?

Oh, good point.

Yes! We just so happened to be closing in on a new thread, and I basically didn't need to stop posting to make it a reality - I think I was worried at one point that I'd fall a couple of posts short and be at 66,663 at the end of the thread or something, but in the end it happened naturally and I didn't have to post excessively or go quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom