Vertigo's screen vs Popmart...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Which one is bigger?

971212r4-32.jpg

U2%20BRUSSELS%20024.jpg

Are they the same size?

Popmart's is bigger and it has a better look (the arch and it's shape!), but I prefer Vertigo's. It is better technically and it gives better visuals (the screen is much more bright and effective)

Having seen em both in person, would have to say that popmart was far more impressive to the eye. The vertigo setup was just like a big car radiator to look at and I dont thank the screen quality was better. It was more broken up seen from close-ish up. Although, no doubt someone will come and say the opposite!

The pixel look was more effective indoors because of the angles and all. Outdoors it doesn't serve as much of a purpose.

U2Man said:
The Vertigo screen sucks.

:scratch: :tsk: :shame: :shame:

It was the best of the tour :wink:

Now serious , anyone who watched A stadium vertigo show cant say that screen is spectacular , and it's fantastic for the show

Not that popmart was bad of course , couldnt watch the show , but that screen was no less fantastic and great for the show

Last edited:
I like the vertigo one more, if iwas at a popmart show i'd probably find myself watching the screen the whole time and forget to watch the show, though vertigo's is big, it's not as distracting as the popmart screen and i could enjoy the show more.

I hope not. When people go to concerts it should be to hear music, not to watch TV.

You only need big screens and crap if your music isn't good enough by itself.

U2Man said:
I hope not. When people go to concerts it should be to hear music, not to watch TV.

So that means Achtung Baby and POP were no good?:eyebrow:

gherman said:

So that means Achtung Baby and POP were no good?:eyebrow:

No, it means the screens weren't necessary. ZooTV or Popmart could have been done Elevation/Lovetown style and it would not have decreased the quality of the show, some might say it would have made it better.

tommycharles said:

No, it means the screens weren't necessary. ZooTV or Popmart could have been done Elevation/Lovetown style and it would not have decreased the quality of the show, some might say it would have made it better.

Well POPMART and ZOOTV wouldnt of been as spectacular as we remember it.

Those huge effects made them what they are.

U2Man said:

Ummm but what if you're in a huge stadium and stuck in the back and what you see on the huge screen is the band playing?

POPmart screen was bigger, cooler and screened the more exiting animations. but the most important is that the POPmart screen was STATE OF THE ART

U2Man said:

Agreed. I go to concerts to hear music, not to watch a lighting and visuals show. I'd prefer a focus solely on the music.

But as far as the Popmart and Vertigo screens go, Vertigo looks like it came eight years BEFORE Popmart, not after.

Popmart screen was bigger by a country mile

Well, maybe not that big, but it seemed it at the time.

The popmart screen was better and cooler, but I think it was criminaly underused. It was only used during less then half of the songs, I can remember being a little disappointed by that. I think the point of the whole Popmart idea would have come across a lot better if they'd used the screen more.

Back
Top Bottom