Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anticipation

Babyface
For anyone that didn't notice. U2.com put up a story that the "Vertigo Tour" will be announced on Monday. Presale next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Vertigo Tour' to Be Announced Monday !

It's 'The Vertigo Tour', dates are announced on Monday, Kings of Leon are on
board and U2.Com will have the itinerary first.

U2.Com has learnt that the band's 2005 'Vertigo Tour' will kick off on the
west coast of the US in late March and arrive in Europe for the summer.

We've also had it confirmed that Kings of Leon, with their mesmerising brand
of southern garage rock, will be playing support in the US.
Keep checking back on U2.Com for more tour news - on Monday we'll publish
the full tour announcement.

(We'll also be mailing U2.Com Members with details of how they can participate in the ticket presale next week)

so very very very happy to have read this
I'm still not sold on "Vertigo" being pasted on the side of an airplane:wink: but as it is U2's tour - they can name it whatever they want as long as they start touring

nurse chrissi said:
so very very very happy to have read this
I'm still not sold on "Vertigo" being pasted on the side of an airplane:wink: but as it is U2's tour - they can name it whatever they want as long as they start touring

:lol:

Sometimes you can't name a tour on your own.:wink:

starsgoblue said:
Is it too late to join U2.com...for presale purposes?

nope, now that they are going to announce the actual tour on monday to the public, expect a lot more people to join.

do it girl!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: but if you sign up with two accounts at least that raises the odds to 2 shows (which is what I did, one as a prop member the other as a regular member) plus via other means...ticketbastard etc...

How many shows did you want to see stars?

U2Fanatic4ever said:
do it girl!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: but if you sign up with two accounts at least that raises the odds to 2 shows (which is what I did, one as a prop member the other as a regular member) plus via other means...ticketbastard etc...

I agree with u2fanatic, stars...it's worth it. I did the same thing, bought two of them so I can make sure I get tickets to the two shows I really want to go to. Then when the reg. sale comes around on ticketmaster, I'll try and get some GA for those shows.

I want to see at least two...I can't afford to pay for two memberships though. I'm struggling with whether or not I should part $ for one. I have never had great seats or GA....so I'd imagine that if I joined I would be pretty much golden for at least one concert right? I am dying to get GA....

starsgoblue said:
Ugh...I am already feeling overly anxious about securing tickets for myself....:|

:hug:

I say do the membership. I'm doing ticketbastard and U2.com.

Or just flip a coin :wink:

well, only do what you can afford stars!! If its one show than so be it... If you can afford one membership than at least you will get to see them at one show! I am telling ya tix are going to be insane to get and scalpers are gonna jack those prices big time..worse than last time for sure cuz of the high demand!

Look at the exposure that they have had so far with the album and its been out for only 2 1/2 months.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
well, only do what you can afford stars!! If its one show than so be it... If you can afford one membership than at least you will get to see them at one show! I am telling ya tix are going to be insane to get and scalpers are gonna jack those prices big time..worse than last time for sure cuz of the high demand!

Look at the exposure that they have had so far with the album and its been out for only 2 1/2 months.

:no: :scream:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I am telling ya tix are going to be insane to get and scalpers are gonna jack those prices big time..worse than last time for sure cuz of the high demand!

that's what scares me, why I bought the two memberships. If you dont get the presale, you really must try and get the ticketmaster sale, because you have to avoid scalpers at all costs. Trust me....I went to two Elevation shows, I'll just say for the second one I paid $169 for a $45 ticket.

one4u2 said:
**Cracks Knuckles**

I'm ready for ticketbastard :evil:
:up:
I say bring it on

I don't think it was ever clear on if the membership was for unlimited shows or not - which I would like to know - as it is I have 3 computers that I will have searching for tickets - no stone unturned for this one:evil:

it is going to be a looooong 3 days (always worse when it gets closer)

Last edited:
one4u2 said:

:hug:

I say do the membership. I'm doing ticketbastard and U2.com.

Or just flip a coin :wink:

I'm sorry but I'm slow. If you're a member you buy ticket through the U2.com website?

And then for non-member purposes you mess with Ticketmaster?

I'm trying to get my strategy here...I'm sorry guys...I've never had to do concert tix on my own before even though I've been to tons of 'em...

As of now, I've got bout 350 bucks and I wanna buy one ticket for an Ohio show and two for a PA show... Yes, I'm going alone to one of the shows, I'm sad...

Last edited:
there's a presale for u2.com members, before the real sale. Basically, it "gaurantees" seating rather than going to ticketmaster when the reg. sale starts and keeping your fingers crossed. However, a $40 membership allows you only TWO tickets, no more. If you're going to a stadium show (Europe), you're allowed four.

I really have planned to go to the opener (don't care where) so I'm having some angst about that as I doubt (hell would have to freeze over several times) that they will open the tour in St. Louis so travel is part of this operation
at the same time I just happy that the tour announcement is has been umm... announced - freakishly easy to please here:wink:

One more question about Ticketmaster...would it be better to be online or to be at a Ticketmaster seller (I know my grocery store nearby does Ticketmaster sales and I don't think it would be "crazy" as far as lines and stuff)?

From ticketmaster's website

Can I improve my odds for getting tickets by purchasing via one particular distribution channel?

When an event goes on sale, tickets can be purchased online, by phone or in person. We do not reserve a specific amount of tickets for different distribution channels, so the odds of getting tickets are the same no matter how you choose to get your tickets. (Please note that phone centers and ticket outlets generally only sell tickets for a specific geographic region.)

From time to time, promoters conduct "internet only pre-sales" or other promotions that are available via only one distribution channel. In such a promotion, you can only purchase tickets through that particular distribution channel.

i think the day of the ticketmaster sale I'm going to have my cell phone in hand to get one and search for tickets online for the other. :wink:

Need to get some tickets to the opener, in case I go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom