Vancouver #1 setlist party (part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just woke up here in Holland. Predictable setlist, but what's more important: how did they sound?

Put Bad after ISHF. Much better go-home song.

Other than that, woohoo! U2 is back. I'm pumped to see how the show starts to evolve now, even after just 1 night.

It was an interesting opening night! Hope the shows from now on get better...looking forward to videos and reactions! :wave:

I thought the opening set was great. 2nd set was good. Encore was disappointing. They'll get rolling, though.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

2 - out of control (probably on any shows that i go to)
4 - i will follow
13 - mysterious ways
14 - desire
15 - sweetest thing
19 - the troubles
24 - i still haven't found what i'm looking for

they're not going to rotate out Out of Control. it fits the beginning of the show...first moment of discovery into the first single. Bono is able to introduce the band with it. it works perfectly.

That stage needs a lot of things. It is begging to be utilized more than it was. Cedarwood Road was THE highlight, largely due to the use of the screen. I'm very surprised they didn't do that type of thing for more of the show.

I just woke up here in Holland. Predictable setlist, but what's more important: how did they sound?
Not good. Bono flubbed lines all night and Edge and Adam had their struggles (Edge with OOC, Adam with COBL). But it was really Bono sounding really unprepared. He also could not vocally handle Every Breaking Wave.

CFBiXVXWAAE81cv.jpg

Intermission is only 5 minutes.

I thought the opening set was great. 2nd set was good. Encore was disappointing. They'll get rolling, though.

COBL/BD/Streets was solid but it needed one more to take it over the edge.

2nd set was great. even Pride somehow worked well.

Not a single wow moment in that entire setlist. They swapped out mediocre NLOTH songs with mediocre SOI songs and then punched you in the face with the same old retreads. I was excited to be excited tonight. Oh well. Will pass on the Phoenix show.

Sure you were, that's very believable!

Apart from Streets, does anyone really care for their staple songs anymore? Pride, WOWY, BD, Bad, COBL, ISHF, One and MW just seem a bit meh to me these days.

I think the 1st half is gonna stay the same every night. 2nd half clearly has a lotta room for improvement and variation.
Invisible-Better-MW-Desire was a very solid opening. Then I'm guessing the next spot will have heavy variation.
EBW-Bullet is a lock.
Troubles might rotate with RTSS and OSC
WOWY might rotate with One
Encore needs some work....
COBL is a lock. BD is lock. Streets is a lock. But there's gotta be something in between and there needs to be another encore.

talk about production notes on that setlist...

and that's why the setlist will never, ever, be flipped on it's ass

That stage needs a lot of things. It is begging to be utilized more than it was. Cedarwood Road was THE highlight, largely due to the use of the screen. I'm very surprised they didn't do that type of thing for more of the show.

Yeah, visuals of Cedarwood road were :drool: Plus the waves, with Edge up there (forgot which song UTEOTW?). Missed the stream for Invisible, will have to search for a video on YouTube now.

Apart from Streets, does anyone really care for their staple songs anymore? Pride, WOWY, BD, Bad, COBL, ISHF, One and MW just seem a bit meh to me these days.

Bad isn't a staple, it's just old. And it's still great.

highlights were: opening four (very rock opening), Cedarwood Road, SBS/RBW/UTEOTW, opening four of the second act, Bullet

it was kind of impressive to actually hear it all in order. Bullet and Pride sound way refocused.

Back
Top Bottom