US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The walls are closing in on Trump. NY trial starting next month. Fulton Case not long after, and DC case after that. All are on track before the election.

Not saying this IS going to happen, but the fact that it could still baffles my mind that DOJ would try this case in this district KNOWING the chances of her being the judge.

I get that they went for speed and there may have been blockers in trying to search NJ residency to maybe get a trial there instead

I find the FL case to be the worst of all of them. Tho trying to subvert the election is maybe 1b to 1a….stealing our nations secrets

if Cannon tries to dismiss this case, it'll be kicked up on appeal immediately and she'll end up being removed and unable to help him further.

she knows this, and iit's not what she wants.

Brown was covering the Kentucky Derby for CNN in 2013 when she was introduced to Rodgers, then with the Green Bay Packers, at a post-Derby party. Hearing that she was a journalist with CNN, Rodgers immediately began attacking the news media for covering up important stories. Rodgers brought up the tragic killing of 20 children and 6 adults by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary School, claiming it was actually a government inside job and the media was intentionally ignoring it.

CNN has spoken to another person with a similar story. This person, to whom CNN has granted anonymity so as to avoid harassment, recalled that several years ago, Rodgers claimed, “Sandy Hook never happened…All those children never existed. They were all actors.”

When asked about the grieving parents, the source recalled Rodgers saying, “They’re all making it up. They’re all actors.”

Wow Mike Pence, you are a heroic man of such moral courage. Even after the guy didn't say a word when his cult followers wanted to hang you, you come out three years later and say you won't endorse him.
Profiles_in_Courage_Front_Cover_%281956_first_edition%29.jpg

if Cannon tries to dismiss this case, it'll be kicked up on appeal immediately and she'll end up being removed and unable to help him further.

she knows this, and iit's not what she wants.
What she is describing above is a scenario where the government wouldn’t be able to appeal based on the timing of dismissal. If she did it now, DOJ could appeal. She grants the motion later during the trial, they cannot.

I’m of the belief this guy will not face any justice at all. It’s going to come down to voter turnout to stop him

The good news is that when he does get convicted in New York, the percentage of swing voters that would actually vote for the guy will be demolished. Trump won’t recover from that.

I ain’t getting my hopes up haha. I do agree that out of all the trials, NY “should” happen. He will appeal any conviction, but you’re right. It won’t change the MAGA voters.

This is all about those who are indifferent or on the fence, which maybe is even worse than MAGA cause what exactly is the confusion? Is another 4 years of Biden really worse or as bad as losing everything we value as a country ???

I found a good explanation of what cannon did

She is doing everything she can within the lines of the law to avoid going to 11th. This decision she made yesterday I’m afraid prob kills the charges

Sick individual

Politico.com

Donald Trump on Saturday said it will be a “bloodbath” for the United States if he doesn’t win in November.

“Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s gonna be a bloodbath. That’s going to be the least of it,” Trump said during a rally near Dayton, Ohio. “It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country.”

While it was unclear what the former president meant exactly, the remarks came as Trump was complaining about the automobile industry.

As he often does, Trump opened Saturday’s rally with a recording of Jan. 6 prisoners singing the national anthem. Saluting the crowd, Trump then said he would issue pardons for the Trump-supporting “hostages” on the first day of his presidency.

“You see the spirit from the hostages. And that’s what they are — hostages,” Trump said in the opening words of his rally.

Fani did herself no favors. I’d still love to see some investigation into the Supreme Court and all their conflict of interests. This is all over $4000 on dates/meals ??? How much $$$ did Clarence Thomas take in bribes and vacations ?

But he was talking about the auto industry haha ;)
He actually was.

There's so much incendiary language that comes out of his mouth - we don't need to harp on things like this that are clearly discussing something else. It actually hurts us in the long term, as it plays into the idea that we all just have "TDS" and overreact.

Well saying there will be a "bloodbath" in the auto industry if he doesn't get elected is manipulative deranged complete bullshit. I don't have TDS either, I just see him for exactly who and what he is. Can't think of a single redeeming quality.

The fact is that he would have zero problem saying there would be a bloodbath in general if he doesn't get elected, he knows he could and would get away with it. The "man" said that Hitler did some good things, I believe General Kelly 100 percent.

aww, too bad

Trump and his company need to post a bond for the full amount by next week in order to stop New York Attorney General Letitia James from being able to collect while he appeals. They've asked an appeals court to step in in the meantime and said Monday that they have not had any success getting a bond.

"Defendants’ ongoing diligent efforts have proven that a bond in the judgment’s full amount is 'a practical impossibility,'" the filing said. "These diligent efforts have included approaching about 30 surety companies through 4 separate brokers."

Their efforts, including “countless hours negotiating with one of the largest insurance companies in the world,” have proven that “obtaining an appeal bond in the full amount” of the Judgment “is not possible under the circumstances presented,” the filing said.

He actually was.

There's so much incendiary language that comes out of his mouth - we don't need to harp on things like this that are clearly discussing something else. It actually hurts us in the long term, as it plays into the idea that we all just have "TDS" and overreact.
Oh i think he actually was too. But as you said he has so much garbage come out that you can never tell what is linked to what.

I’m only glad that it got a lot of attention cause the more people are reminded of his shit, the better. Our attention spans are poor.

And the writers really need a new twist.

If MAGA insists that Russia Russia Russia is a hoax, maybe the MAGA world should stop associating with Russian / American criminals

In the same auto industry rantings he said that in some cases migrants aren't people, in his opinion. Invaders, animals, the usual language.

So what are they? Yes some are criminals, but they're still people. Trump is a criminal but he's still a person. A narcissistic pathetic one, but still a person.

He also said that the Jan 6th insurrectionists are hostages, as we know. And that of course he will pardon them.

Yes this is all his manipulative rhetoric, but it's deeply disturbing and dangerous.

In the same auto industry rantings he said that in some cases migrants aren't people, in his opinion. Invaders, animals, the usual language.

So what are they? Yes some are criminals, but they're still people. Trump is a criminal but he's still a person. A narcissistic pathetic one, but still a person.

He also said that the Jan 6th insurrectionists are hostages, as we know. And that of course he will pardon them.

Yes this is all his manipulative rhetoric, but it's deeply disturbing and dangerous.
which again - to my earlier point - there's so much there that is actually awful that everyone (mostly the media) should focus on THAT vs. trying to shoehorn something that was clearly about something else into being awful

which again - to my earlier point - there's so much there that is actually awful that everyone (mostly the media) should focus on THAT vs. trying to shoehorn something that was clearly about something else into being awful
That and the they should focus on Don's dementia because aside from being one of the worst humans on Earth, he is unfit to serve due to his deterioration.

Makes sense since he brought peace and prosperity to that region.

I do question if Biden Admin is actually keeping Israel from doing much much worse things since this conflict began. I know the far left is screaming Genocide Joe!!!, but what if he's actually been the one to keep it somewhat contained.

It's getting moot now as Bibi Admin is starving them to death. Hope something can break and the maddness can stop

Well well well, another day another holier than thou phony hypocrite who wants to dictate the lives of others.

Meanwhile they're living their own secret and often criminal lives and trying to cover that up.

amazingly enough lemon did a really good job interviewing this tool

I have to think he’s always been this stupid (not withstanding he probably has some technical skills), but the media really propped up his ego with the Iron Man and humanity’s savior talk.

He’s just the worst. The richest man in the world is just some 4chan user. Spouting lie after lie.

I feel there are some parallels to Trump. Both inherited $$$ from their father but never got the love they desired

I’m still real nervous over any election where Donald is the other choice

But it is looking like the guy is prob the weakest candidate

I’m still real nervous over any election where Donald is the other choice

But it is looking like the guy is prob the weakest candidate

That's the big thing that really hasn't been talked about enough in light of all the hysteria. Donald doesn't have the donors, enthusiasm, or support from his own party that he had even 4 years ago, where he lost by 8 million votes and got his ass kicked in the Electoral College. He is a weak candidate with a very enthusiastic base that simply isn't large enough to win the election on their own. Even though Biden's approval rating isn't awesome and his age comes into question, Trump simply doesn't have the votes.

Back
Top Bottom