US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really comes down to a handful of states. I think Michigan there’s a real threat to Joe with the perception he’s enabling genocide. The rest of the purple states don’t seem to have as strong of an attachment to Middle East affairs.

There’s rumors that Nikki donors are jumping to Biden which would be a welcome boost.

Nothing Trump touches actually succeeds. But our democratic Republic is so outdated it gives anyone a chance (from the two major parties) a legit shot to win.

I don’t see the votes there for him at this moment, but as we know people are dumb. Think it was Dark Helmet who said evil will always triumph cause good is dumb haha. Kinda applies every four years

That's the big thing that really hasn't been talked about enough in light of all the hysteria. Donald doesn't have the donors, enthusiasm, or support from his own party that he had even 4 years ago, where he lost by 8 million votes and got his ass kicked in the Electoral College. He is a weak candidate with a very enthusiastic base that simply isn't large enough to win the election on their own. Even though Biden's approval rating isn't awesome and his age comes into question, Trump simply doesn't have the votes.
Sure, but have you seen how old Joe Biden is?

When I near 80, I hope to not end up like Donald Trump. Broke, indicted, and suffering from dementia.

Utter failure by NBC / Media

She was/is part of the conspiracy to overthrow our elections.

What are they thinking this accomplishes ?? Balance ? Guess we’re now two siding a democracy

Rep Gallegher is now resigning early. Small world, but he's married to my childhood best friend's sister. Good for him to get out of that shit show.

GJhos30WMAApals

only thing that will stop this asshole is us, voting, in november. and in enough numbers to make it not even close.

unbelievable.

Yeah but did you know Biden is old? And i paid $45 for my DoorDash order of burger and fries!!! Maybe Trump will do better this time!!

1711380948764.gif

Yeah, Trump is about to go through some things. April 15th. He will most likely be a convicted felon in a matter of months. A convicted felon is NOT going to win a presidential election, and as you can see, the GOP is dropping like flies with people resigning because they don't want to be associated with Trump any longer.

As long as people show up in November (they will), we're good.

Yeah, Trump is about to go through some things. April 15th. He will most likely be a convicted felon in a matter of months. A convicted felon is NOT going to win a presidential election, and as you can see, the GOP is dropping like flies with people resigning because they don't want to be associated with Trump any longer.

As long as people show up in November (they will), we're good.

the GOP is dropping like flies because he's taking all the money. I wish it was a matter of morality and a want to finally wash themselves of Trump - but if they were still getting the campaign funding they needed from the GOP many of the recent drops would be more than happy to look the other way as democracy dies.

i'm with you on turnout though. turnout needs to be the same as 2020... i have less confidence that trump being a convicted felon will change much, largely because i can't even fathom a world where people don't already have an opinion on whether or not they'll vote for this clown show again - conviction or no conviction. besides his company has already lost bigly, and he's been found civilly liable for sexual assault - and it's changed pretty much nothing.

the GOP is dropping like flies because he's taking all the money. I wish it was a matter of morality and a want to finally wash themselves of Trump - but if they were still getting the campaign funding they needed from the GOP many of the recent drops would be more than happy to look the other way as democracy dies.

i'm with you on turnout though. turnout needs to be the same as 2020... i have less confidence that trump being a convicted felon will change much, largely because i can't even fathom a world where people don't already have an opinion on whether or not they'll vote for this clown show again - conviction or no conviction. besides his company has already lost bigly, and he's been found civilly liable for sexual assault - and it's changed pretty much nothing.
The numbers (polls) definitely do show quite the swing if Trump becomes a convicted felon. I definitely agree on everything else. From the people that I know that are somewhat connected to Rep Gallagher, it sounds like he for sure was sick of his party and the BS that's happening in congress and just decided to get the F out, but I'm sure a lot of the other ones have different reasoning.

It’ll come down to the price of gas or cereal and theres a wider conflict / war.

If either of those are true, people won’t care if it’s Trump or a distant relative of Hitler, they will throw Biden out.

Biden has done well because he’s been stable and righted the ship. The drawback to that is now if anything drops back or is uncomfortable….people immediately freak out and return the other party to power.

You can point to all the elections since 2016 going the Dems way, but everything comes to an end at some point.

Polls still show the race being a toss up. I know they don’t mean what they used to, but were they really that off in the past elections ? It was more media driven doom and gloom

It’ll come down to the price of gas or cereal and theres a wider conflict / war.

If either of those are true, people won’t care if it’s Trump or a distant relative of Hitler, they will throw Biden out.

Biden has done well because he’s been stable and righted the ship. The drawback to that is now if anything drops back or is uncomfortable….people immediately freak out and return the other party to power.

You can point to all the elections since 2016 going the Dems way, but everything comes to an end at some point.

Polls still show the race being a toss up. I know they don’t mean what they used to, but were they really that off in the past elections ? It was more media driven doom and gloom
I would strongly argue that there is a much larger population than what is being acknowledged here that absolutely will not vote for Trump that would have voted for Haley or DiSantis based on the fact alone that they morally object to voting for the person that incited Jan 6th and has 91 charges currently. Add in a conviction in a few months and Biden does have a margin that he simply did not have 4 years ago. I know the polls and media like to try to sway you otherwise, but Trump simply doesn't have the numbers to win.

I bet Trump's bond money will come from that guy whose last name starts with a P (and I don't mean Diddy), secretly funneled in multiple ways to illegally hide that fact, of course.

Screenshot_20240325-223003-007.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom