US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Really milking that Presidential Immunity defense….and why not, seems to be working.

Potential for NY trial to be delayed now.

Really milking that Presidential Immunity defense….and why not, seems to be working.

Potential for NY trial to be delayed now.

no, there isn't.

he already waived his presidential immunity in this case.

this is the "throw all your shit against the wall and hope something sticks" approach.

he has nothing here.

i know this isn't US politics, but could somebody explain to me why i'm supposed to give a shit that kate middleton photoshopped her kids hands?
because no one has seen her since Christmas and the internet is demanding proof of life, and they put out an obviously photoshopped photo that is clearly not proof of life because why can't you just put out a recent photo or have her wave to a crowd or something.

because they can't/wont do this, it means that maybe she's dead/in a coma/has a colostomy bag/had a brazilian butt lift.

Also maybe they're divorcing because she's not wearing her Diana's sapphire engagement ring.

The whole thing is a PR disaster for a family that prides itself on controlling the tabloid press by basically making deals with them and backstabbing other family members in the process. What Harry and Meghan said about that is true, it's been reported for a very long time that they do that.

because no one has seen her since Christmas and the internet is demanding proof of life, and they put out an obviously photoshopped photo that is clearly not proof of life because why can't you just put out a recent photo or have her wave to a crowd or something.

because they can't/wont do this, it means that maybe she's dead/in a coma/has a colostomy bag/had a brazilian butt lift.
Oh okay. So it's something I don't give a shit about after all. Great.

She LIED about that migrant crime story she told, the victim even said so.

This is Trump level gaslighting and false victimhood manipulation. Katie Kitchen will probably run for President one day.

What's with the friend stuff? Hi Barbie, hi Barbie

Screenshot_20240312-112642-862.png

She LIED about that migrant crime story she told, the victim even said so.

This is Trump level gaslighting and false victimhood manipulation. Katie Kitchen will probably run for President one day.

What's with the friend stuff? Hi Barbie, hi Barbie

View attachment 23242
There’s no consequence to lying. Back in the before times a lie would be shamed and if serious enough the congressperson would resign.

Now they’ve figured out that they won’t lose any of their base but actually excite them cause 40% of the country is a online forum culture haha

what we said was going to happen happened.

In states with laws targeting LGBTQ issues, school hate crimes quadrupled​

School hate crimes targeting LGBTQ+ people have sharply risen in recent years, climbing fastest in states that have passed laws restricting LGBTQ student rights and education, a Washington Post analysis of FBI data finds.

In states with restrictive laws, the number of hate crimes on K-12 campuses has more than quadrupled since the onset of a divisive culture war that has often centered on the rights of LGBTQ+ youth.

At the same time, calls to LGBTQ+ youth crisis hotlines have exploded, with some advocates drawing a connection between the spike in bullying and hate crimes, and the political climate.

LGBTQ+ students have long dealt with bullying and harassment at school, but some students are feeling particularly vulnerable due to the wave of legislation. They are also on edge following the death of Nex Benedict, a nonbinary teenager who died after a fight in their Oklahoma public school bathroom.

That’s the case for Carden, a transgender 17-year-old. He argues that politicians’ anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric has shaped the views of adults in the conservative Virginia county where he lives.

“Kids parrot these ideas in their head, it’s like, ‘Oh, my parents think …,’” said Carden, whose parents asked that his last name be withheld for fear of further bullying. “Then it translates to being mean to other people their age.”

Twice this fall, a group of freshmen boys at Carden’s school harassed him for his gender identity — once calling him “queer” in a nasty tone, he said. The second time, after telling him a Pride flag he had tucked into his backpack was “pitiful,” one of the boys suggested Carden should “just go die already.”

The only thing almost as bad as what Trump said about Hitler is the fact that it's entirely believable that he said it. The only thing just as bad as him saying those things is that people will vote for him and not give a damn that he said them. Or convince themselves that Kelly is lying.

Horrifyingly, Trump also said, “Well, but Hitler did some good things,” according to John Kelly, who served as White House chief of staff from 2017 to 2019.

“I said, ‘Well, what?’ And he said, ‘Well, [Hitler] rebuilt the economy.’ But what did he do with that rebuilt economy? He turned it against his own people and against the world. And I said, ‘Sir, you can never say anything good about the guy. Nothing,’” Kelly told Sciutto. “I mean, Mussolini was a great guy in comparison.”

Kelly said that Trump also praised Hitler for achieving complete loyalty from senior Nazi officials—and Trump expected similar fealty from the retired generals he brought onto his Cabinet.

“He would ask about the loyalty issues and about how, when I pointed out to him the German generals as a group were not loyal to him, and in fact tried to assassinate him a few times, and he didn’t know that,” Kelly said. “He truly believed, when he brought us generals in, that we would be loyal—that we would do anything he wanted us to do.”

Kelly suggested that Trump’s infatuation with dictators was due to his perception of himself. “That’s who he is,” Kelly told Sciutto. “He was shocked that he didn’t have dictatorial-type powers to send U.S. forces places or to move money around within the budget. And he looked at Putin and Xi and that nutcase in North Korea as people who were like him in terms of being a tough guy.”

“He’s not a tough guy by any means, but in fact quite the opposite,” Kelly said. “But that’s how he envisions himself.”

Wroggers should be available to campaign full time once he goes down with a season ending injury at the start of training camp.
Please invite him to the VP debate against D candidate Harris and R candidate MTG...man what great theater that would be.

Wroggers should be available to campaign full time once he goes down with a season ending injury at the start of training camp.
Please invite him to the VP debate against D candidate Harris and R candidate MTG...man what great theater that would be.
There would be plenty of eye rolls from Rodgers. Gosh I hope he does it.

I also could be wrong here but I've been confused by the notion that RFK Jr would take votes away from Biden. If anything, I feel like he'd take more from Trump.

I don't believe RFK takes away much from Biden. Most were afraid only because of his last name....but he's a quack and fits in perfectly with the A-aron Q-anon crowd....which pulls from Trump's base more than Biden. Far lefties are never voting for Biden, so not a issue there.

Trump was boo'd when he brought up the ONE thing he could hang his presidency on, Operation Warp Speed on the incredible effort and success of the covid vaccine. It could have won him the Presidency!!! Like all his business decisions, he doubled down on dumb

Also.....

Looks like major changes to the GA case against Trump. Honestly I can barely follow any of this shit anymore. Some charges are dropped, could be re-indicted....

Let's just be honest, people like Trump are able to game the system to ever avoid any consequence (outside him getting loaned $$$ to pay off his rapes)

Does sound like most of the important charges will be kept in the GA case. Rumor is Fanni will not be dismissed, but wouldn't be shocked either way. So Trump dropped his felony count from 91 to 88

The media will probably state that as pivoting to a more presidential energy

Also.....

Looks like major changes to the GA case against Trump. Honestly I can barely follow any of this shit anymore. Some charges are dropped, could be re-indicted....

Let's just be honest, people like Trump are able to game the system to ever avoid any consequence (outside him getting loaned $$$ to pay off his rapes)
That's not at all even close to what happened though. The case mostly remains intact, and they just have to reword them.

Edit: Didn't see your most recent post before replying, sorry.

Yeah, it was a rushed post but it’s just frustrating cause both the FL and GA cases appear to be open and shut. Like in GA we have a recording of Trump asking to find votes / break law

In FL we have pictures etc etc and now witness testimony (cause Cannon was gonna release their names…)

But overall it feels like any other person. ANY other person would have sat in trial and a verdict. Hell, that kid who stole military intel was arrested after Donald, and convicted in no time.

Get that gears of justice grind slowly….maybe we should update our laws and institutions to better reflect the times

Not saying this IS going to happen, but the fact that it could still baffles my mind that DOJ would try this case in this district KNOWING the chances of her being the judge.

I get that they went for speed and there may have been blockers in trying to search NJ residency to maybe get a trial there instead

I find the FL case to be the worst of all of them. Tho trying to subvert the election is maybe 1b to 1a….stealing our nations secrets

Back
Top Bottom