US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - The Fifth Installment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Bush stimulus plan is stupid, too

give people a check for $300 - $1800 and run the national debt even higher on the hope they may spend it and help the economy

economist won't determine these two primary elections tomorrow

it will be working folks that are upset about gasoline prices

Just got back from an Obama rally in Indy. We were about 15 yards from Obama and Stevie Wonder. Pretty cool.

Should be an interesting day in Indiana tomorrow.

zoney! said:
Just got back from an Obama rally in Indy. We were about 15 yards from Obama and Stevie Wonder. Pretty cool.

Should be an interesting day in Indiana tomorrow.

what is your prediction?

deep said:

give people a check for $300 - $1800 and run the national debt even higher on the hope they may spend it and help the economy

i'm spending mine in Mexico.

i'm also thinking that the only way out of this jungle for the Democrats is a unity "dream" ticket in some shape or form -- and i do think HRC would accept the VP.

they hate each other too much? nah.

JFK and LBJ hated each other. Reagan and GB1 weren't good friends either.

President Bartlett and Vice President Hoynes were barely on speaking terms.

:wink:

Irvine511 said:

i'm also thinking that the only way out of this jungle for the Democrats is a unity "dream" ticket in some shape or form -- and i do think HRC would accept the VP.

I don't really think they hate each other as much as some people think

I don't think HRC or even Obama want her to be his VP

I do think that with Obama as the nominee, Hillary and Bill will sincerely campaign for him.

Much more and more believable than McCain for bush in 2000 or even 2004

Irvine511 said:

Has Edwards endorsed anyone yet? I've thought he's laid pretty low after bowing out of the race. I think he'd make a great VP. Actually, I think he'd make a better POTUS.

I can't believe a Clinton trod on the sacred ground that is Gasoline Alley at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

But good for her to go where few Democratic politicians have the courage to go. An auto racing track.
And hearing her speak with a 650 horsepower engine warming up in the background kinda justifies, in my mind, my vote for her today.

For one day at least, she was a fan of my sport and I voted for her.
Who'da thunk it?

will you be voting for her in the fall?

and what does her appearance at a racetrack have to do with her qualifications to be president?

Irvine511 said:
and what does her appearance at a racetrack have to do with her qualifications to be president?

that she is politically astute enough to know that respecting and supporting people's past times

is the quality one should look for in someone that wants to lead ALL the American people

Indiana Code 3.10.1.6

A voter may vote at a primary election:
(1) if the voter, at the last general election, voted for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election; or
(2) if the voter did not vote at the last general election, but intends to vote at the next general election for a majority of the regular nominees of the political party holding the primary election; as long as the voter was registered as a voter at the last general election or has registered since then.

There is something to be said for knowing when to quit. Gracefully.

deep said:

that she is politically astute enough to know that respecting and supporting people's past times

is the quality one should look for in someone that wants to lead ALL the American people

Not a big Nascar fan or racing in general - but I do know so many people that are, even in my own family.
She is hitting home on so many fronts..
She's real.. and a great deal of people are realizing this.
With that said, Obama is inspiring a great deal of people, also.

With that said, I'm still in her corner. but I love Obama also.

Obama is a freshman senator with a muslim-sounding name. he's beating the biggest global brand in American politics who's chief fund raiser is a 2-term president with wide appeal and who's 2 terms look even better in comparison to the Bush debacle of the past 8 years. the entire nomination process was designed to benefit the only candidate capable of running a national campaign as of last fall.

and look at what's happened.

it seems that showing up at NASCAR events doesn't fool the voters some of us would like to think are too simple to see through blatant pandering.

Lake County, IN is looking odd

it is last to start counting

right next to Chicago, and it is going 75- 25 for Obama?

now IN is only 51-49 ?

It just looks odd

most all of the other Counties have 100% of their votes counted

and then Lake County starts counting behind closed doors without any one watching?

I am not saying it is fixed

But why didn't they just get their count in 45 minutes ago with everybody else?

Marion County (Indianapolis) is larger than Lake County.

They got their ballots counted (98%) and turned in a long time ago.

This will play into the hands of people that believe there is a corrupt Chicago machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom