*ultra deluxe bono shades thread*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thebadger said:
hey moon- are those 549's really a purple tint?arms black...my faded grey have a slight purple tint but not as purple as that photo-way more grey/blue

As always, purple is more seen in sunlight or white background. But based on what I saw about the faded grey and their purple tint, mine are definitely way more solid purple (as the pic on the auction show). :wink:

check out my miklis on ebay... nearly sold but got some new offers time to time so i finally list at ebay... then you have the control. i'm very sorry.

thebadger said:
moons right, the deep faded reds are very easy to see thru, clear @bottom, darker-but not too dark@top
actually get way for compliments from people when i wear the 9294 then the 9285
would be great to see mr lemon get those mikli!!!-keep em in the family !!

Dear Moon and Badger, thanks so much for the info! It didn't occur to me before that there are two types of pink 9294 out there. Just when I decided to go for the 9294s instead of the 9285s I have to go and choose all over again...

I am ready to buy at Richmun, but could you two be so kind to post a picture of you wearing the pink and the faded reds in daylight? Love to see them that way before I buy one or the other.

And badger, I noticed the Emporio Armani name on the front is different with the deep faded red than with the pink 9294 or any of the 9285s. It sticks out of the arms instead of being engraved, see what I mean?

791a_1_sbl.JPG

c499_1_b.JPG

Is this the case with yours as well? I like it!

has anybody seen the glasses Bono wore in Monaco on April 30th ? two rectangular lenses type, common sunglasses but so much better than the yucky round ones...
1ef016f9.jpg

What are these?

bono.jpg

And are the Cutler's the ones he wore during Achtung Baby? For example during the "Rock 'n Roll doggie" interview?

Cutler & Gross are the ones he wore during Achtung Baby. I have these, they have 4 marks on the arms from the hinge. Very comfy shades too.

Question to the group...those orange miklis are heading up towards 1000 bucks on ebay. Does that seem right? I mean have any of this exact model every been for sale before? I know it's a collectors market, but does this seem about how much these have been selling for?:adam:

Moonwalker_13 said:
has anybody seen the glasses Bono wore in Monaco on April 30th ? two rectangular lenses type, common sunglasses but so much better than the yucky round ones...
1ef016f9.jpg

These look like the ones he wore in London, and those were Christian Dior.

MattheWood said:
Question to the group...those orange miklis are heading up towards 1000 bucks on ebay. Does that seem right? I mean have any of this exact model every been for sale before? I know it's a collectors market, but does this seem about how much these have been selling for?:adam:

You really wanted them =)

Yeah, tell me about it. Did you see who the high bidder was? :sexywink: They go with the muscle shirt....

MattheWood said:
Yeah, tell me about it. Did you see who the high bidder was? :sexywink: They go with the muscle shirt....

drop us a picture muscle-bono-man.
it would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom