*ultra deluxe bono shades thread*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gvox- he got em on ebay for like 230, didnt like em, offered people here first chance, i offered what he paid, others offered more, he declined, then put back on ebay a week later, posted here to encourage us to bid on them-i dont think this is cool , but then again im not the sunglass police and if the cat needs cash, so be it.
how ya been gvox??

Need some help with lens color regarding "Pink" 9285

Ok, about 6LB/2S 9285's (Pink).

Exactly how "pink" are these shades? I have read that they are more maroon/red color, but by how much? Pink arms aren't an issue as I have long-ish hair.

Can any 6LB/2S/Pink owners help me out here.....I love my 6YG/Q0 9285 and am getting ready to plunk down on some pink ones.......

Specifically, can you use this as an example to tell me how red they are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon_(color)

Maroon
Dark red
Rich Maroon (Maroon (X11))
Bright Maroon

Out of those choices from the Wiki page, which of those do the 6LB/2S resemble most? Sorry for being so specific, just want to be sure before I spend over $100 on these....

Thanks in advance :wave:

Kevin are you still on here? can you show me a picture of the flash grey 519's?
if they're not cracked too badly I want them!

i would say in certain lights they are rose colored for sure-which is a light maroon...the 9294 reds are definitly a more maroon then rose colored-actually closest to red, i like these much better then the 9285 color, but the shape is not as good as the 9285

Cool, thank you Badger and Wayne T. Will definitely be getting some soon....

I got some new shades......

Black Flys No. 5 RED

Photo0210.jpg

Photo0209.jpg

Extremely happy with these.....They arrived today and my uncle ordered some purple ones, I wanted those too but.....$$$ :lol:

I'm really happy with my Black Flys No. 5 (Polarized)...they fit so well and do an amazing job.

I am the proud owner of the 9285 KJ1NA's. However, with summertime approaching I am ready to buy the Pink version, either new or secondhand.

Can someone of you experts please explain the differences between the 9285 and 9294 Armanis? I read the rose colour is different, but what are the differnces in the model. Is the 9294 eg. smaller or bigger? My "blue" 9285s are almost a bit too large for me... so will the 9294 fit better, or is the pink 9285 also smaller than the Kj1Na version?

And do any of you have experiences with buying Bono shades through eBay? I saw the 4Sunglass.com offers, but also the 9294s for $119 at Richmun (Signapore seller). Any suggestions there?

And last bot not least, has anyone herd from Kevin? I mailed him, like many of you did probs, but haven't seen or heard from him since...

I know, too many questions! But everything I know up till now is wrong...

I had felt tempted by the Singapore place too, but then spent the $ on music gear lol.

4Sunglass is a guy here in Toronto. I've had nothing but good experiences with him, mind you I just walk into the store. I haven't heard anyone mention any problems with getting their shipments from him. Pretty upstanding guy.

gvox said:
I had felt tempted by the Singapore place too, but then spent the $ on music gear lol.

4Sunglass is a guy here in Toronto. I've had nothing but good experiences with him, mind you I just walk into the store. I haven't heard anyone mention any problems with getting their shipments from him. Pretty upstanding guy.

Thanks gvox! Thought I had read 4Sunglass.com was actually out 9285s, but these were the Bvlgari's you were talking about...
Shame, because the blue Elevation shades have been most wanted since I learnt what shades were ;)

I think I might go for a cheaper eBay seller instead of UnitedShades.com (or something alike). Any info on the differences between 9285s and 9294s?

U2ForBoys,

9294 are smaller, not as wide as 9285.

Arms are kinda bent since the lense covers less of your face.

Pics to show you : (9294 are on the right.)
dsc01414jf1.jpg

dsc01415ci0.jpg

kevinwall said:

Kevin! Love to get some Mikli's, but I'm not really into them, so I wouldn't know what a fair price on those would be...

I am very much into the pink rose 9294 and the Bvlgari's however, do you still have these on offer?

Hope you're doing okay by the way, you giving up collecting sounded as a very sudden decision...

kevin
email me, im interested in those miklis!! haah, the only type of shades i dont have in my collection
-i ordered my 9294 from the singapore guy-was good to deal with and mark@4 sunglass is the man

Moonwalker_13 said:
U2ForBoys,

9294 are smaller, not as wide as 9285.

Arms are kinda bent since the lense covers less of your face.

Pics to show you : (9294 are on the right.)
dsc01414jf1.jpg

dsc01415ci0.jpg

Thank you so much, Moonwalker! As the 9294s are slightly smaller, I think they will fit me a little better.
Were there any size differences within the 9285s by the way, depending on colour?

And are there any more differences between the 9285 and the 9294? I read the rose colour is different?
(Most important to me is that my eyes remain visible). And is it just me, or do the arms seem to be a more matte kind of metal with the 9294?

And thank you Badger for sharing your buying experiences!

Well, the rose colored 9294 are more of a deep faded red than the unicolored pink lenses of the 9285. I do not own this model so i can't tell if they are see-through or not, but they do look so...(Badger will be helpful on this one :wink: )

Here is a small comparison (the pink 9294 is the exact same pink as 9285, I chose this picture cause it was easier to see differences) :
7d11_1_b.JPG
deep red
c618_1_b.JPG
pink

As for the arms of my model, yes they are a little bit more matte :yes:

Last edited:
moons right, the deep faded reds are very easy to see thru, clear @bottom, darker-but not too dark@top
actually get way for compliments from people when i wear the 9294 then the 9285
would be great to see mr lemon get those mikli!!!-keep em in the family !!

Last edited:
dont mean to be a spoil sport - but I don't think those mikli's are identical to Bono's - Bono's frames are clearly matte, and Kevin's are clearly chrome. They're a close substitute, to be sure, but they're not exact imo. Anyone have any more info?

gvox said:
dont mean to be a spoil sport - but I don't think those mikli's are identical to Bono's - Bono's frames are clearly matte, and Kevin's are clearly chrome. They're a close substitute, to be sure, but they're not exact imo. Anyone have any more info?
every pair bono wore includs black frames are matte... maybe custom?

Attachments

• bono389.jpg
    bono389.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom