U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Ticketmaster change name to just “selected random person” instead of VF. It just stings.

I really feel for anyone who wanted tickets and didn’t have their numbers come around. I got lucky, and got 2 $500 P1s to a Saturday night show for my girlfriend and I, and it’ll be her first U2 show, so I’m grateful.

Needed a huge miracle this morning to get my brother 2 tickets for the same show, but was able to through the verified fan craziness. Both he and my girlfriend were verified waitlisted. Ticketmaster didn’t recognize my email address at first, so after toggling back and forth for 5 minutes between a mobile browser and their mobile app, and signing out of both and re-signing in, even though I’d been following every technical instruction accurately, I was able to log in. My 10/21 show appeared totally sold out, but I kept refreshing for another ten minutes anyway, and finally a fresh batch of tickets dropped and I snagged a pair.

I’ve said this many times over the years during these periods where fans are upset when shows sell out, and I hope it doesn’t touch a nerve, but I actually like that U2 doesn’t give me much “extra credit” for being a diehard fan since the 80s. Keeping out the scalpers (or at least trying to) is admirable, but it’s another to tell a brand new fan who just got into the band from SOS, “hey sorry missy, go to the back of the line, I’ve been a fan for decades.” Vaguely reminds me of anti-immigrant sentiment, if I can say that without being melodramatic, what’s the line? There’s no them, there’s only us.

Does anyone think this may mean an Achtung Baby tour? Or do we think it’s a combo of the venue and AB that is driving the demand?

I believe them in their last interview with Zane when Edge & Bono say that AB will never go out on the road. They bring up the JT30 tour. They’ve done it already.
While I’m excited to see the venue, I’m all in to witness all of AB in any order they decide. I never saw ZooTV. For some silly reason, I believe going to this makes up a bit for that mistake. Maybe. We’ll see.

I believe them in their last interview with Zane when Edge & Bono say that AB will never go out on the road. They bring up the JT30 tour. They’ve done it already.
While I’m excited to see the venue, I’m all in to witness all of AB in any order they decide. I never saw ZooTV. For some silly reason, I believe going to this makes up a bit for that mistake. Maybe. We’ll see.

My first U2 show was the little arena test run of ZOOTV at Rosemont Horizon in Chicago. . I was 16. i tried to call in for tickets for hours but found out it sold out in 30 seconds. I paid double to a guy that had tickets. 50 bucks.

It changed my life. Got to briefly meet Bono and Larry before the show. The opening acts were pixies and The Sugarcubes.. the next year I slept out on the sidewalk for three days to get tickets for zoo TV outside broadcast. I was third in line and got 10th row Center. And I would love to go see this show but life, money, and distance. keep me from it. I can’t wait to hear the reviews from all of you guys..

My first U2 show was the little arena test run of ZOOTV at Rosemont Horizon in Chicago. . I was 16. i tried to call in for tickets for hours but found out it sold out in 30 seconds. I paid double to a guy that had tickets. 50 bucks.

It changed my life. Got to briefly meet Bono and Larry before the show. The opening acts were pixies and The Sugarcubes.. the next year I slept out on the sidewalk for three days to get tickets for zoo TV outside broadcast. I was third in line and got 10th row Center. And I would love to go see this show but life, money, and distance. keep me from it. I can’t wait to hear the reviews from all of you guys..

Thanks for sharing this. That awesome & those openers! Wow!

So, no general on sale for any of the shows ever. They have to cancel some postcards from earth to keep this going. Demand is too high to let something that will be 99% empty happen in its place if the band are willing to keep going.

That's great news some more people from here are sorted for tickets.

Not sure anyone will get fired for this as them, Ticketmaster, Live Nation etc have done their job and sold all the tickets, many of them for way over "face value" (whatever that means these days). Everyone will be very pleased.

It's hard to say just how bad this was as we were all in the middle of it. #u2sphere has been trending for a couple of days now and the vast majority of posts are negative ones. Will the band even know about this? Or care? Unlikely.

Hi all! Another Ultra here who didn't get a verified code, but hoping to have better luck when they email again. Cannot bring myself to pay for a ticket/hotel combo at this point...

This is half a year old, but it’s a pretty good article about how Ticketbastard can’t (and really has no motivation to) stop resellers. The only way would be to disallow ALL ticket transfers like they did for GA. While I’m a little surprised U2 mgmt didn’t insist on it for seats (or maybe they did), I can see why TM wouldn’t budge on it. They sell all of the inventory this way, and the risk of not selling out is almost entirely eliminated.

Yes, we all knew these particular shows would sell out, but why would they roll the dice? The band is paid a per show fee, not based on how many tickets they sell, so the promoters, venue, TM - basically no one but us - gives a sweet flying shit.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7g...ift-tickets-ticketmaster-live-nation-monopoly

So, no general on sale for any of the shows ever. They have to cancel some postcards from earth to keep this going. Demand is too high to let something that will be 99% empty happen in its place if the band are willing to keep going.
I'm not ruling out new shows, but I'm not counting on it, either.

I think it's going to come down to Larry. If he's healthy? I think they focus on the new album and tour. If he still needs months? Maybe they revisit the Sphere in late winter / early spring.

So um who has an extra ticket for the 7th or 8th?

Hi all,

Long time lurker but seen this so finally joined the forum!

I’ve got a single ticket for block 204 row 21 on Sunday 8th if any good?
It’s a $500 ticket.

Ticketmaster won’t let me list it for sell yet but i can transfer.

I’m amazed how many haven’t got tickets… it’s a big arena to fill!

"Happy Thanksgiving U2 fans, we would like to offer you the opportunity to buy presale tickets for the final 5 Sphere shows that happened 3-4 weeks ago. Just list your shows in order of preference and submit and Ticketmaster will efficiently handle the rest."

They did at least finally update their tour dates to add through November 4th, so they're alive over there.

BTW, it looks like no more ~verified fan~ code required for the non-face-value platinum seats ticketmaster is choosing to make available. You know, in case anyone feels like paying $1250 for a $500 ticket.

BTW, it looks like no more ~verified fan~ code required for the non-face-value platinum seats ticketmaster is choosing to make available. You know, in case anyone feels like paying $1250 for a $500 ticket.

Remember when a $500 ticket was the egregious initial listing resale price of a $58 GA ticket

Remember when a $500 ticket was the egregious initial listing resale price of a $58 GA ticket

I came into live u2 in Vertigo, and well after tix went on sale. I was happy to find ones for $125 or something on ebay, haha. Maybe those GAs were initially $58 before tm fees?

I came into live u2 in Vertigo, and well after tix went on sale. I was happy to find ones for $125 or something on ebay, haha. Maybe those GAs were initially $58 before tm fees?

Not even that far back. $57.50 was the GA face value on 360.

I think Vertigo GA were maybe $49.50 before fees. It was something like that.

The thing is, because of this shambles, some fans will have bought those seats out of sheer desperation and fear of missing out entirely.

Of course, some people will be able to afford those without thinking twice, but it's not a great situation to put fans is as I guarantee some fans will just chuck it on a credit card and deal with how to pay for it later. Its not great.

The thing is, because of this shambles, some fans will have bought those seats out of sheer desperation and fear of missing out entirely.

Of course, some people will be able to afford those without thinking twice, but it's not a great situation to put fans is as I guarantee some fans will just chuck it on a credit card and deal with how to pay for it later. Its not great.

Yeah, I was thinking about that on the way to work, if you're rich you don't have to put any time and effort into anything, it's just yours in an instant! We gotta put some "toil" in to get what we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom