U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the key thing we don't know is how many tix have been made available to U2.com for the presale.
Pearl Jam this year stated they had "the majority" of tix secured for the Ten Club. First time they've stated such a thing. Ticketmaster rule used to be 10% cap for fan clubs. U2 certainly has the clout to negotiate just about whatever allotment they want, hopefully Paul McGuiness worked some magic...oh wait.

Earlier today it was noted that there have been over 55k requests.

For all the ones unfulfilled, you also have requests of more than 1 ticket. You could probably conservatively plan for ~75k tix sold in the presale. That’s more than half of the capacity of the 7 shows before the thing even goes to Verified Fan.

My curiosity lies in
A) how many of these shows will get to general sale
B) how soon do they announce the remaining 3 weekends of shows

As for the fanclub cap, I think U2 holds the chips here.

Last edited:
Now what I’m curious about is will they send emails saying sorry you weren’t able to get tickets in this initial presale if you’re not picked. Would be a total dick move if they don’t bc you’d be basically blowing in the wind waiting to see if you try during the TM verified presale.

Thank you to whomever confirmed that there’s no benefit for getting your fan club request in early, vs changing it later before the deadline. I foolishly only listed one show on my first, hasty attempt to race and fill out the form, and went back and revised it. Gracias.

Wondering how significantly I’d reduce my chances - if that’s even knowable - if I expanded my request for 2 tickets to 3 or 4. Could definitely invite some friends who’d be willing to pay me back, but tough call as to whether it’s harder for Ticketmaster to place 4 people together…. Borderline lifeboats for the Titanic situation, if I may be melodramatic lol

Hey Chat GPT, write me a story about a U2 fan named Clerks who was nervous about going to Las Vegas...

Clerks was a die-hard U2 fan who looked remarkably like Kevin Smith, the famed director and comedian. He had been living with diabetes for years and had always been cautious about traveling to unfamiliar places. He was also a bit apprehensive about visiting Las Vegas, as he had heard stories about the city's glitz and glamour, and it seemed overwhelming to him.

However, when Clerks learned that U2 was playing a once-in-a-lifetime concert in Las Vegas, he knew he had to overcome his fears and go. U2's music had been a constant source of inspiration for him, and he couldn't miss the opportunity to see his favorite band live.

With his insulin pens and glucose monitoring kit packed, Clerks set off on his journey to Las Vegas. As he arrived in the city, he couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement mixed with nervousness. The bright lights, loud music, and bustling crowds were a far cry from his quiet hometown. But he reminded himself that he was there for U2, and nothing was going to stop him from enjoying the experience.

As he made his way to the concert venue, Clerks couldn't contain his anticipation. The moment U2 took the stage, he was transported to a world of music and emotions. He sang along to every song, swaying with the rhythm and feeling the music deep in his soul. It was a night he would never forget, and he was overcome with gratitude for being able to witness such a breathtaking performance.

After the concert, Clerks was on cloud nine, and his excitement propelled him to do something he never thought he would do - approach Bono himself. With butterflies in his stomach, he made his way to the backstage area, and to his amazement, he was granted a meeting with the legendary frontman.

Bono greeted him warmly and was genuinely interested in hearing Clerks' story. Clerks shared how U2's music had helped him through difficult times and how he had overcome his fears to be at the concert. Bono was moved by Clerks' story and invited him to join him for a late-night hot dog buffet, a favorite indulgence of Bono's after a show.

Clerks couldn't believe his luck as he sat across from Bono, enjoying hot dogs and sharing stories. Bono was down-to-earth and genuine, and Clerks felt a connection with him that he could have never imagined. They talked about music, life, and even shared a few laughs.

As the night came to an end, Bono gave Clerks a heartfelt hug and thanked him for his support. Clerks left the buffet with a heart full of gratitude and memories that would last a lifetime.

With a renewed sense of confidence and a newfound appreciation for Las Vegas, Clerks returned home. He had conquered his fears, experienced an unforgettable concert, and even had a meal with his music idol. The trip had been a life-changing adventure that had brought him closer to his favorite band and helped him overcome his irrational fears.

From that day on, Clerks continued to live his life with a renewed sense of courage and determination. He learned that sometimes, taking a leap of faith and stepping out of his comfort zone could lead to the most incredible experiences. And as he listened to U2's music, he was reminded of that unforgettable night in Las Vegas, where he had faced his fears, lived his dreams, and made memories that would last a lifetime.

Wishing you all Good Luck w your tickets. :up:

I never had any intention of going to Las Vegas (money issue)

Unless some miracle happens no MSG NYC or wherever they show up in my area.
Disappointed. Yeah, sure, especially if they do a lot of Achung Baby.

But I really loved a few songs on SOI. Loved much of SOE Got to see both shows.

Otoh I did get to one ZOO TV outdoor show. Loved hearing Zoo Station live at the ? Elevation show?
Loved they did a bunch of AB in the 360 tour!
And nearly "swooned" catching Zooropa twice in 2011!

Sooo... Good Times! :applaud: :love:

Other than how they actually allocate the tickets, which they were never going to share, I thought this whole thing was stress free and self explanatory. Of course I reserve the right to burn it to the ground when I don't get any tickets, but I was genuinely confused by the posts on social media about how confusing the whole thing was.

Other than how they actually allocate the tickets, which they were never going to share, I thought this whole thing was stress free and self explanatory. Of course I reserve the right to burn it to the ground when I don't get any tickets, but I was genuinely confused by the posts on social media about how confusing the whole thing was.

I agree with this. I think it's been stress free thus far, although there is a level of anxiety kicking in now, waiting to hear something today...!

The sign up process is definitely fairly straight forward. Just should have announced all the shows (at least these 12) right from the jump, but otherwise fairly smooth. As you said, now let's see what happens with the selection process.

Good luck everyone.

Meanwhile over at Pearl Jam's 10 Club, Ticketmaster has apparently f'ed things up.

Folks with shows listed as 1st or 2nd priority shut out while folks listing those same shows as 3rd or higher priority getting tix.

Then folks started receiving this late last night:

Just got an email from TM stating that seats were incorrectly assigned for St Paul and will be reassigned tomorrow. Refunding tonight and recharging tomorrow. Weird…

Meanwhile over at Pearl Jam's 10 Club, Ticketmaster has apparently f'ed things up.

Folks with shows listed as 1st or 2nd priority shut out while folks listing those same shows as 3rd or higher priority getting tix.

Oh what a lovely fucking mess.

I'm not even sure what I'm waiting for, but I think I'm waiting for some sort of notification about tickets later today right?

The 2 issues I had with this new ticket allocation system were the inability to prioritize some seats / price points above others and that long time subscribers (Ultra group) basically have to take their word for it that they'll get first dibs. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of what's happening with PJ's 10 club. Ticketmaster's gonna ticketmaster I guess.

My educated guess for how TM is doing ticket distribution:
Randomly pick an ultra request.
See if priority 1 can be fulfilled.
If not, see if priority 2 can be fulfilled.
If not, see if priority 3 can be fulfilled.
If not, sorry.
Repeat until all ultra requests have been processed.
Begin same loop with violet requests.
Repeat until all violet requests have been processed.

It’s the only way it makes sense to me.

Would make more sense to filter by priority per show and then randomly work through there.

Show 1, here’s the Ultra list of priority 1 for each seating section, try and fulfill. Rinse and repeat for each show. Now re-do for priority 2 for unfulfilled accounts, etc.

I agree that it would make sense from a fairness POV, but if some PJ fans are getting their 3rd before others are getting their 1st, I’d guess that’s not how they’re doing it.

One step forward, two steps back.
How dare we get more transparency.

And this points to the need for:
- additional layer(s) of seniority
- seat level priority per show

Presumably after the cut-off time, the big computer starts whirring away based on the algorithms setup and cards will start getting charged and notification emails will be sent out pretty quickly as its only 24 hours to the verified fan presale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom