U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't give that much of a shit about no Larry. It'd be great to have him there and I'd prefer they wait til he's ready, but as long as Bono and Edge are there it doesn't bother me much. This has happened with every other band on the planet.

Any other negativity around contractual obligations or whatever can fuck off. This is exciting as hell. My favourite album of all-time. I will take this over e+i or i+e 10 days a week.

The ad was cool as fuck, how they did not get me involved is beyond me. I'm fucking obsessed with these guys man, I won a game show thanks to them! How'd they find these losers.

/
SIGN IN
U2.COM FAQs
CUSTOMER SERVICE INFO

For questions please use the Contact Us form.
Support Representatives are available 7 days a week, from 9am to 9pm Eastern time.

U2:UV ACHTUNG BABY LIVE AT THE SPHERE

Q - Looks like the band might be doing some shows. As a U2.com subscriber do I need to do anything now?
A - When the band announce dates, U2.com paid subscribers will have the opportunity to access tickets first in a special U2.com paid subscriber presale. If you’re a paid subscriber you’ll be emailed once ticket details are announced.

Q - In the past there were different priority groups during presales. Can we expect the same ?
A - All paid-up subscribers at 8pm GMT on Sunday Feb 12 2023 (12pm PST/3pm EST/8pm GMT), will have the opportunity to be first to access tickets in a special U2.com subscriber presale. Those who subscribed after this time, will follow them in the presale window.

Q - People are being invited by Ticketmaster to register on Verified Fan. How does this affect U2.com subscribers?
A - As U2.com paid subscribers have the opportunity to be first to access tickets in the U2.com subscriber presale it is not essential to register on Verified Fan.

Q - In the past there were different priority groups during presales. Can we expect the same ?
A - All paid-up subscribers at 8pm GMT on Sunday Feb 12 2023 (12pm PST/3pm EST/8pm GMT), will have the opportunity to be first to access tickets in a special U2.com subscriber presale. Those who subscribed after this time, will follow them in the presale window.

They’re gonna fuck this up…

It's tied to the opening of the Sphere, and they're not going to hold the opening to wait for Larry to recover.

I imagine if this were a regular tour, they would have put it off, but it's opening a new venue, and they were probably told they had no choice.
I mean I said this two months ago but cranky pants over there told me I was wrong.

I also laugh at the notion that anyone thinks they're doing this without Larry's approval. Wouldn't he, ya know, quit?

Last edited:
lol man you'll do any mental gymnastics required to pretend that this isn't what it really is eh?
wwe-vince-mcmahon.gif

Sympathies to your birds.

I don't give that much of a shit about no Larry. It'd be great to have him there and I'd prefer they wait til he's ready, but as long as Bono and Edge are there it doesn't bother me much. This has happened with every other band on the planet.

Any other negativity around contractual obligations or whatever can fuck off. This is exciting as hell. My favourite album of all-time. I will take this over e+i or i+e 10 days a week.

The ad was cool as fuck, how they did not get me involved is beyond me. I'm fucking obsessed with these guys man, I won a game show thanks to them! How'd they find these losers.

ok bootlicker

This, IMO, goes against the entire ethos of the band. One always felt that they would break up before continuing on without one of the founding members as R.E.M. did, and this pretty much dispels that illusion. If Larry actually quit for real I have no doubt they would want to fulfill some kind of financial obligations before ending the band with any integrity.

Extremely disappointed, and I'm mad enough at spending $50 to renew my subscription for this travesty, but I don't think I'm comfortable giving The Corporation(s) any more of it to buy tickets, not to mention wasting any more of my free time on a forum supporting them.

See y'all in another life, brothers.

What are the dates you sleuths?

I keep hearing what weekend shows? 12 shows total?

200 bucks for every seat at least and marked up to 10,000 3 seconds into the sale?

ok bootlicker

This, IMO, goes against the entire ethos of the band. One always felt that they would break up before continuing on without one of the founding members as R.E.M. did, and this pretty much dispels that illusion. If Larry actually quit for real I have no doubt they would want to fulfill some kind of financial obligations before ending the band with any integrity.

Extremely disappointed, and I'm mad enough at spending $50 to renew my subscription for this travesty, but I don't think I'm comfortable giving The Corporation(s) any more of it to buy tickets, not to mention wasting any more of my free time on a forum supporting them.

Bye?

My guess is another guy is playing the drums, sure but Larry will sit on stage smoking a cig, while Bram Van Backup plays the songs below the stage...

Or Larry giant head is on the screen like Big Brother...

It's like when you to see Hamilton and the understudy is playing the part -- and you get mad for one second -- then you realize the understudy is still singing the songs that Lin wrote, so it's almost impossible to fuck that up!

ok bootlicker

you're acting as if he's retiring or quit and they're playing on (which, if that was the case, would be fine anyway?)

to me it sounds like he will be recovering from surgery at the time that some shows that happen to land are going on? they're opening the venue. it's unfortunate timing, but it's not that big a deal imo.

if this was a new tour, I'm certain they'd wait.

Little Steven got COVID the other night but Bruce played anyways. Let me go cancel my tickets lest anyone think I'm a Bruce bootlicker.

Sure, pretend that the E Street Band with its almost 50 years of rotating lineups is comparable to a band that's had the same lineup for the same amount of time and has made that a big part of who they are. When they'd say things like it's not U2 if one of them isn't there. Well, it turns out that's only true if the cheque isn't big enough.

Rush are a much more apt comparison. Or they were, anyway. Because when their drummer was unavailable they waited. And then they retired when he was too ill to play.

In a funny way it makes sense that U2 are going to charge insane amounts of money for a second rate show in a city that exists to fleece rubes. Because a U2 show without Larry *will not* be U2 at their best.

Last edited:
Difference with Little Steven & Nils having Covid, is that they'll get over it, and be back on stage in a few days. Larry is going to miss every show during the run.

Again, they can't tell the owners of the Sphere that they have to wait a few months to open the venue. And I imagine backing out would likely be some sort of breach of contract, that would cost them dearly.

That said, if it was Bono or Edge, obviously they'd have no choice but to back out.

Last edited:
What are the dates you sleuths?

I keep hearing what weekend shows? 12 shows total?

I know nothing, but I did just take a look at the calendar on Terry Lawless' website. He has a tiny, cryptic "X" on every date from August 1 through November 4.

Sure, pretend that the E Street Band with its almost 50 years of rotating lineups is comparable to a band that's had the same lineup for the same amount of time and has made that a big part of who they are. When they'd say things like it's not U2 if one of them isn't there. Well, it turns out that's only true if the cheque isn't big enough.
https://youtu.be/cy46iOwWQiE

Difference with Little Steven & Nils having Covid, is that they'll get over it, and be back on stage in a few days. Larry is going to miss every show during the run.

Again, they can't tell the owners of the Sphere that they have to wait a few months to open the venue. And I imagine backing out would likely be some sort of breach of contract, that would cost them dearly.
The run is 6 weekends. It's not a world tour.

I’m conflicted about no Larry, but having already seen the full band twice, I’m willing to give this a shot. As Cobbler said, it is also my favorite album of all time. I wouldn’t have been tempted if it was anything else.

They’ll probably just have the temp in the background with no spotlight on him. I’m confident in their choice, regardless if he is unknown in the fan circles. He’s no Larry and will never be one, but the show must go on.

:shrug:

Larry avoiding another set of album anniversary shows is really quite Larry.

If the commercial started with your hat I would have lost it.

Hope you can figure out a way to make it stateside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom