U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What the hell ?

Does this mean if I use one presale code for say Amsterdam, I couldn't use the same code for a show in say, Paris?

Yes, that has always been the case in Europe, as we have different ticket vendors here. You can use your U2.com code for up to two tickets to a SINGLE show, not 1 ticket for two different shows.

US is one country, Europe a shitload of countries. :) With different ticket vending laws and companies and all that bullshite, so it doesn't work the same way as the US.

Yes, that has always been the case in Europe, as we have different ticket vendors here. You can use your U2.com code for up to two tickets to a SINGLE show, not 1 ticket for two different shows.

US is one country, Europe a shitload of countries. :) With different ticket vending laws and companies and all that bullshite, so it doesn't work the same way as the US.

Thaaaank you for a straight and informative answer :up: I've been trying to get onto the ZooMods, but was getting nowhere.

I've never tried for Europe tickets before, but it makes sense. I'm best to try get 2 GA's for one night and then trade to get the second show.

Ticket scalpers dumped the prices by half in Sweden after the added 2 shows in Stockholm.
Good news.

I wonder if going to the actual box office for the public on-sale on Monday would be worth it or should I just stick to on-line?

I wonder if going to the actual box office for the public on-sale on Monday would be worth it or should I just stick to on-line?

Bought Chi2 $30 tix at local retail outlet and had hard tix in hand in under two minutes of sale starting. $130.32 total for 3 tix in Section 324, Row 8 of United Center.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Bought Chi2 $30 tix at local retail outlet and had hard tix in hand in under two minutes of sale starting. $130.32 total for 3 tix in Section 324, Row 8 of United Center.

Thanks! That's good to know. I'm considering trying the box office Monday since I had no luck with on-line ticketmaster site.

Hey guys, two quick qs.

I'm going to try to get two GA tickets for one of the new MSG shows at the Innocence presale tomorrow. Is the correct approach to select "Floor Seating" and then tick the "$86" box? The other thing I was wondering is whether it will be "real" tickets for MSG, or that arrangement where you use your credit card and can't transfer your ticket?

Hey guys, two quick qs.

I'm going to try to get two GA tickets for one of the new MSG shows at the Innocence presale tomorrow. Is the correct approach to select "Floor Seating" and then tick the "$86" box? The other thing I was wondering is whether it will be "real" tickets for MSG, or that arrangement where you use your credit card and can't transfer your ticket?

Paperless tickets are against the law in NY, you'll get a traditional ticket

Hey guys, two quick qs.

Just pick Floor Seating. The price option takes care of itself.

Unnecessary ticking will cost you .0000043 of a second, which is time you don't have :D

Does the US ticketmaster app support the option for buying european tickets like Amsterdam? :hmm: Or is it just US shows only?

Question for SoCal ticket buyers:

Did anyone actually ever see/buy any seats for $48.65 ($35 plus fees) like Ticketmaster lists in the price range? If you look at LA1 & LA2, some of the worst seats in the house are still available, yet they all seem to be $118.85 ($100 plus fees). I'm not even sure $35 seats existed at The Forum...Just wondering. :scratch:

*I'm interested to know where these seats were if they were indeed available, especially if more dates are added.

Question for SoCal ticket buyers:

Did anyone actually ever see/buy any seats for $48.65 ($35 plus fees) like Ticketmaster lists in the price range? If you look at LA1 & LA2, some of the worst seats in the house are still available, yet they all seem to be $118.85 ($100 plus fees). I'm not even sure $35 seats existed at The Forum...Just wondering. :scratch:

*I'm interested to know where these seats were if they were indeed available, especially if more dates are added.

Good question. I was going straight for GAs, so I don't really know.
I will say, that there isn't a bad seat in that venue. It's smaller than many of the other arenas, and there's no suites. Also the sound is great since it's been reconfigured for concerts only. It's so much better than Staples and the Pond. Only drawback is I actually have to drive there and pay for parking instead of taking the Red Line.

Hey guys, two quick qs.

Just pick Floor Seating. The price option takes care of itself.

Unnecessary ticking will cost you .0000043 of a second, which is time you don't have :D

Yes, pick Floor Seating, but also make sure that only the $86 checkbox is ticked. Just choosing Floor Seating also leaves the $300 and $100 checkboxes ticked and you don't want those as those are actual seats. :)

Does the US ticketmaster app support the option for buying european tickets like Amsterdam? :hmm: Or is it just US shows only?

Whatever it is, that app is not available for me. Probably because I'm not in the US.
Would be nice if TM would also make it available here.

Good question. I was going straight for GAs, so I don't really know.
I will say, that there isn't a bad seat in that venue. It's smaller than many of the other arenas, and there's no suites. Also the sound is great since it's been reconfigured for concerts only. It's so much better than Staples and the Pond. Only drawback is I actually have to drive there and pay for parking instead of taking the Red Line.

Yeah I haven't been to The Forum since they renovated it, but I remember there not really being a bad seat. I have $118 seats for the 26th, GA for the 27th. But if they add shows and I decide to go to another, I might try the $48 seats for that very reason (if there are any). Btw, my pal was trying for $48 seats for the 26th during the general sale - tried for almost an hour and nothing ever came up. Then he ended up getting $118 seats as well.

Yeah I haven't been to The Forum since they renovated it, but I remember there not really being a bad seat. I have $118 seats for the 26th, GA for the 27th. But if they add shows and I decide to go to another, I might try the $48 seats for that very reason (if there are any). Btw, my pal was trying for $48 seats for the 26th during the general sale - tried for almost an hour and nothing ever came up. Then he ended up getting $118 seats as well.

I've never been there, but have been told it's a great place to see a show. GA on the 26th, seats on the 31st. Excited! :D

Well here's a weird one - My Dad just called me to say a GA ticket for July 22nd just arrived at his house. "Dad" had pulled up one in the phone app in the Innocence presale but the transaction errored out in the payment stage and never even showed up (and still doesn't) under "his" orders! WEIRD, but ... GREAT! Also means that presale code is probably dead now, but will still give it a shot tomorrow.

I had a mystery ticket too - after an hour on the phone they told me that I could find it online on the View All Orders by using the Search function at the bottom of the page. Why it does not show up on the View All Orders page is anyone's guess. It sure as heck showed up on my credit card statement though.

CK, thanks for the details. That was exactly what I was thinking I'd have to do on Monday. Only, I'm going to there LONG before 15 before:lol: Good to know not to ask for sections, that would just waste precious seconds which I won't have. I thought it would be along the lines of Give act, city and date, price range, and then just tell them "give me whatever pops up first." I wasn't picky before this, and I'm *really* glad I was so realistic now.

I remember the last time I lined up for tix, was for Springsteen, 2 tours of his ago. My mentality was that "the first 10 people in line will get something, the rest, SOL." Now even for Bruce I'd say the odds are the first two, and only if they aren't picky. IF they went old school, which I don't know if any do. I didn't see him last tour. Bruce's biggest fansite has a ticket exchange subsite, Backstreets, that was second to none, it had a great rep. But it sounds like TM is targeting Bruce fans the way it targets U2 ones, so I wonder if the kind of trading that fans did for Brice tix is still possible. If there are any Bruce fans on here who have seen him last tour, I'd love to know.

I know the first time I saw U2 live, it was ZooTV in March of '92, at our brand new arena. Camping out for tix was a lot of fun, if nerve-racking. I shoed up at a record store that was next to a Barnes and Noble and across the street from a huge mall. (Today that record shop has become a Bed, Bath and Beyond, the Barnes and Noble it shared the building with has migrated across the street into the mall, and the mall itself has nearly doubled in size.) I remember it was a freezing Friday night in February, there was a snowstorm going on and temps were very cold, around the 0-degree mark, and I remember it was during the Winter Olympics b/c everyone was watching it or listening to it on their portable TV's and radios as camped in our cars overnight. I showed up around 9 PM and was the 11th or 12th person in line. They took names and put them on a list. We sat around and listened to bootlegs and ate pizza until midnight or so, then the cold drove us into our cars. In the wee hours a police car pulled up and asked what we were doing there. The keeper of the list, who was the record shop's manager, crawled out of her frost-limned, battered-looking vechicle and informed the fuzz what we were about. He offered to buy us all coffee and doughnuts if she'd put him on the list! <g> Those were the days. *sigh*. The tix I got were pretty good, 2 rows up from the floor, at the corner stage left. Again, those were the days.

Wendy, you and I seem to be kindred spirits. We both share a healthy distrust in TM and an IMO entirely justifiable paranoia regarding their limitless capacity to wreak havoc with the general public's dreams (not to mention their pocketbooks.) Whatever they can do, they will do, and they'll try to do whatever they CAN'T do too. After all, it's not Eliott Spitzer is around anymore to investigate their practices? the current governor of NY State is probably going to be one of the ones sending his kid to a show with an ill-gotten ticket. heck, even NY Mayor Bill deBlasio, liberal though he professes to be, might too!

I mean to emulate CK's experience Monday, however, unlike CK I am going for what is perhaps the hottest NA market of all. The reason I was asking for such details from her was that I perfectly well know that I might have a shot even at a retail counter only once, only one single question. I'm going to do everything she did, but still have qualms. I don't think I'll waste my breath trying for a nosebleed, what worked in Chicago for CK will NOT work here...I have a nasty feeling that even if there are 8 NY shows the same crap will be pulled at every single one of them, even these middle ones. Depending on how much money I come into Friday, I can go anywhere between $100-200 (counting fees), but above that, no. I'm only getting a single ticket, so if I name a mid-level amount maybe, I'll have a chance? What do you think?

I don't have a lot of time to surf around, so what are the ticket prices for the NY shows? And another thing. I had a kind friend try for Chicago tix on his app on Monday, but same thing, the $300 nosebleed crap. CK, maybe you can do me a favor. Do some research. Are the tix you got in the store, find out what they were offered for on the app and the TM site. I'd be interested to know if your tix sold for a lot more online. the reason I am asking this is that I might ask my friend if he can try again for me Monday too. I don't know if he might be able to line up at a retail outlet. he is being really nice with this, he had already used up all his presale code but was prepared to let me be a +1 for another if he scored general sale tix too. But he told me that he didn't have the money for 2 $300's. I prefer NY but could do Chicago if NY failed.

If it were possible for him to go to a retail TM, might he be able to get a pair of mid-level tix at face value? That way he might get me a Chicago show if NY fails.

If by chance Monday fails for me, it actually would be a good thing if further sales were delayed until after the holidays. If it was anytime after Jan 5, I *would* have $300+ dollars. I hate the thought of having to wait that long in order to march back to the TM outlet in January, but then I could shock the lady at the counter by asking for a $300 ticket, and besides, I might end up going to the last night after all. <g>. At least it would be at a legitimate TM counter and not at a resell site!

I had a mystery ticket too - after an hour on the phone they told me that I could find it online on the View All Orders by using the Search function at the bottom of the page. Why it does not show up on the View All Orders page is anyone's guess. It sure as heck showed up on my credit card statement though.

Well what do you know, did the search...and there it is! How weird!

Ps. I was going to go seek out my chosen outlet today and give them a *friendly* talk about all this, the kind lady from the phone on Sunday would understand :mac: ...but we're in the middle of an epic ice storm/snowstorm here, there's been a State of Emergency since yesterday afternoon. 2 day snowstorms are no big deal for us, but 2 1/2 to 3-day -long storms that alternate between snow and icy rain, are. Luckily this is one of my days off! The research trip has been delayed until tomorrow morning.

It goes without saying that if this were Sunday afternoon, weather would be irrelevant. the city buses are still running, they're like the post office here...not on time, but they will run though anything. And this is only 10 minutes away. Nothing other than a Category 5 hurricane and a Governor-imposed curfew would deter me at this point. Then again, such factors might knock TM temporarily offline, which means the touts at their resell site wouldn't be able to sell either. :lol:

CK, thanks for the details. That was exactly what I was thinking I'd have to do on Monday. Only, I'm going to there LONG before 15 before:lol: Good to know not to ask for sections, that would just waste precious seconds which I won't have. I thought it would be along the lines of Give act, city and date, price range, and then just tell them "give me whatever pops up first." I wasn't picky before this, and I'm *really* glad I was so realistic now.

I remember the last time I lined up for tix, was for Springsteen, 2 tours of his ago. My mentality was that "the first 10 people in line will get something, the rest, SOL." Now even for Bruce I'd say the odds are the first two, and only if they aren't picky. IF they went old school, which I don't know if any do. I didn't see him last tour. Bruce's biggest fansite has a ticket exchange subsite, Backstreets, that was second to none, it had a great rep. But it sounds like TM is targeting Bruce fans the way it targets U2 ones, so I wonder if the kind of trading that fans did for Brice tix is still possible. If there are any Bruce fans on here who have seen him last tour, I'd love to know.

I know the first time I saw U2 live, it was ZooTV in March of '92, at our brand new arena. Camping out for tix was a lot of fun, if nerve-racking. I shoed up at a record store that was next to a Barnes and Noble and across the street from a huge mall. (Today that record shop has become a Bed, Bath and Beyond, the Barnes and Noble it shared the building with has migrated across the street into the mall, and the mall itself has nearly doubled in size.) I remember it was a freezing Friday night in February, there was a snowstorm going on and temps were very cold, around the 0-degree mark, and I remember it was during the Winter Olympics b/c everyone was watching it or listening to it on their portable TV's and radios as camped in our cars overnight. I showed up around 9 PM and was the 11th or 12th person in line. They took names and put them on a list. We sat around and listened to bootlegs and ate pizza until midnight or so, then the cold drove us into our cars. In the wee hours a police car pulled up and asked what we were doing there. The keeper of the list, who was the record shop's manager, crawled out of her frost-limned, battered-looking vechicle and informed the fuzz what we were about. He offered to buy us all coffee and doughnuts if she'd put him on the list! <g> Those were the days. *sigh*. The tix I got were pretty good, 2 rows up from the floor, at the corner stage left. Again, those were the days.

Wendy, you and I seem to be kindred spirits. We both share a healthy distrust in TM and an IMO entirely justifiable paranoia regarding their limitless capacity to wreak havoc with the general public's dreams (not to mention their pocketbooks.) Whatever they can do, they will do, and they'll try to do whatever they CAN'T do too. After all, it's not Eliott Spitzer is around anymore to investigate their practices? the current governor of NY State is probably going to be one of the ones sending his kid to a show with an ill-gotten ticket. heck, even NY Mayor Bill deBlasio, liberal though he professes to be, might too!

I mean to emulate CK's experience Monday, however, unlike CK I am going for what is perhaps the hottest NA market of all. The reason I was asking for such details from her was that I perfectly well know that I might have a shot even at a retail counter only once, only one single question. I'm going to do everything she did, but still have qualms. I don't think I'll waste my breath trying for a nosebleed, what worked in Chicago for CK will NOT work here...I have a nasty feeling that even if there are 8 NY shows the same crap will be pulled at every single one of them, even these middle ones. Depending on how much money I come into Friday, I can go anywhere between $100-200 (counting fees), but above that, no. I'm only getting a single ticket, so if I name a mid-level amount maybe, I'll have a chance? What do you think?

I don't have a lot of time to surf around, so what are the ticket prices for the NY shows? And another thing. I had a kind friend try for Chicago tix on his app on Monday, but same thing, the $300 nosebleed crap. CK, maybe you can do me a favor. Do some research. Are the tix you got in the store, find out what they were offered for on the app and the TM site. I'd be interested to know if your tix sold for a lot more online. the reason I am asking this is that I might ask my friend if he can try again for me Monday too. I don't know if he might be able to line up at a retail outlet. he is being really nice with this, he had already used up all his presale code but was prepared to let me be a +1 for another if he scored general sale tix too. But he told me that he didn't have the money for 2 $300's. I prefer NY but could do Chicago if NY failed.

If it were possible for him to go to a retail TM, might he be able to get a pair of mid-level tix at face value? That way he might get me a Chicago show if NY fails.

If by chance Monday fails for me, it actually would be a good thing if further sales were delayed until after the holidays. If it was anytime after Jan 5, I *would* have $300+ dollars. I hate the thought of having to wait that long in order to march back to the TM outlet in January, but then I could shock the lady at the counter by asking for a $300 ticket, and besides, I might end up going to the last night after all. <g>. At least it would be at a legitimate TM counter and not at a resell site!

My section for Chicago is 324, and similar sections seem to be going for $70-150 or so on resale sites.

App has let me pull singles in the 200s section and the 100s ($291 a seat). Sections 220, 110, and 104 I believe.

I'm thinking the $300 nosebleed may have something to do with an epic view of this moving(?) screen and not just seeing the band. I asked for cheapest price level (was told there were 4 separate levels) because we'd planned on cheap nosebleeds from the start. I was hoping to get lower level seats for night 1 but with all the resale horseshit we will gladly sit in the nosebleeds both nights. Just gonna wait it out and watch for prices to drop.

Back
Top Bottom