U2 song game: Link the Words

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
Here's how it works. You have to link the song above to a new song using a word their lyrics have in common.

No easy words - banned are articles, pronouns, conjunctions, prepositions, numbers, yes/no/not, modals (can, may, should, will...), forms of to be/do/have. Yes, the words in the title of "With or without you" are all forbidden. I don't think thing, all, each, every, none, here, there, then, etc should count either. Love, feel, want, etc seem like copouts. Try to keep it challenging, with more unusual words like kneel, knees...oh wait! (joke) Those count, try to use words like silver, pay, child, arms, opera, oil, ride, field, sweet, wear, sometimes...

Verb tenses don't have to be consistent, nouns may be plural or singular, adjetives may be in any degree (sweet, sweetest) and words that are both verbs and nouns (control, name) are acceptable links.

NO REPEATS of songs or linking words.

Try to keep it going in an unbroken chain. (Somebody use MLK, stat!) (I've tried when I've been very bored in class to link all their songs in a circle, but that's a little complicated for the message board style of game.)

Here's a beginning:

The First Time

(eye)

I will Follow

EDIT scratch that, somebody beat me to it

(a man and a woman) (Bonus for a phrase?)

A Man and a Woman

Last edited:
Rescuing the chain:

Yahweh goes to Unforgettable Fire with skin. (I had to cheat for that)

Yahweh

(skin)

Unforgettable Fire

(colors)

Bad

(gold)

All I Want Is You

(I just connected my two favorites...well at some moments in time)

EDIT: foiled again. Also could have used running for that connection :)

SHFWILF

(cold)

All I Want Is You

Last edited:
Opera

Ultraviolet

(disclosure: looked that up a while ago out of curiousity, if any other u2 songs had "opera" in them)

Back
Top Bottom