u2 play 3Arena in December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone any further news or views on unused pre-sale codes for the Irish gigs, and whether they will re-appear in folks U2.com accounts?

I just booked a decent spot in Temple Bar for $99/night from the 23rd-30th

The Dublin hotels have done their usual trick and jacked up hotel prices for the Friday and Saturday night .

The radio here in Ireland are building up the hype for the tickets too as usual ,so every Tom Dick and Harry will be going for tickets ,just for the sake of it.
"Concerts of a lifetime" tag line :angry:,as if there wasnt enough bloody demand as it is.
Always the same

Last edited:
I'll book as soon as I get tickets, not before that. It'll probably be very hard to get those, so without tickets booking a hotel is pretty useless. My usual haunt hasn't raised prices yet so that's good. it's not a touristy one either.

I'll book as soon as I get tickets, not before that. It'll probably be very hard to get those, so without tickets booking a hotel is pretty useless. My usual haunt hasn't raised prices yet so that's good. it's not a touristy one either.

If u use booking.com you don't actually pay for the hotel until you get there. Can be canceled up until a day before you go aswell, for free. I always do that even if i dont have tickets. Can cancel it for free,dont have to pay a thing, theres nothing to lose really

Booking gets a fee from each hotel they book. Their prices are inflated heavily. Book straight at the hotel's website and it's much cheaper. :)

booked a hostel - don't pay until i check in. have never been to ireland before and have always always alwaysss wanted to see u2 there :hyper::hyper: now to fight online for tickets!

Yeah, after sleeping on it, I can't entertain the idea any more. I need to be a grown-ass adult and make a good financial decision. Going to Ireland to see U2 in November is not that idea.

:(

Yeah, after sleeping on it, I can't entertain the idea any more. I need to be a grown-ass adult and make a good financial decision. Going to Ireland to see U2 in November is not that idea.

I've gotta say sanity has taken over here too. (But knowing myself I'm not completely ruling out a trip until we actually know the details.)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I keep going on Air BnB and looking at Dublin rentals with generous cancellation policies. I need to stop that.

I've got quite a few Dublin rooms booked, just in case(with free cancellation).
One, near the arena was £260 for 2nights, is now £440 for the same 2 nights (27th and 28th Nov).
I've got The Clarence booked for Dec 4th and 5th, again for £260ish, now is either no availability or around £400.

Read into that what you will.

Responsible story that you tell no one-

"10 years ago, I started up an IRA and deposited a couple thousand dollars that got me closer to my goal of retiring at 65.

Great kick ass story that you tell everyone-

"10 years ago I went on a trip to Ireland to see U2. Granted, I'm going to have to work until I'm 66 but on that trip I met Bono and now we vacation together every year in France with Adam. Oh, and I also sang back up on Songs of Assent, which will be released in 5 years and they also gave me the original version recordings to NLOTH and HTDAAB before they switched direction and Unknown Caller is MINT in that version!"

But you know, do what you think is best.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I think I need to step away from you people who make me feel like it's not completely insane to fly halfway across the world to see a show I've seen 4x in person and an embarrassing amount of times on YouTube, periscope and mixlr. ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've got quite a few Dublin rooms booked, just in case(with free cancellation).
One, near the arena was £260 for 2nights, is now £440 for the same 2 nights (27th and 28th Nov).
I've got The Clarence booked for Dec 4th and 5th, again for £260ish, now is either no availability or around £400.

Read into that what you will.

Got a spot in Temple bar 23-30th $100/night and the following week at Jury's on Parnell for the same rate. Both fully cancellable.

"work until 66"???? Hell, I'll be happy to be able to retire at 70.

Absolutely! The older generations are just gonna sell us down the river! My Mom just retired at age 55! She had 30 years in, so she was able to do it. The higher ups were kind of pushing her to retire anyway so that they could turn her job over to some young person who would be willing to work for less money. As Brandon Flowers said, "This is the world that we live in".

As for me? Farmer's don't retire, they simply die and the next generation picks up from there.

So how many of you still have presale codes? If so you've hot a good chance of tickets. As for the public onsale I foresee overloaded servers, error messages and pissed off fans.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

To anyone that hasnt seen u2 in dublin my message is "do it" i did it on the 360 tour and it was like u2 heaven! I mean the whole city aswell. Dublin was great but when dublin is u2 themed everywhere and i mean everywhere its amazing!

thinking of going again?

also, out of curiosity rather than fear, anyone turned up in a pub wearing a U2 shirt while they were playing in the city and incurred the wrath of the locals or anything similar? :wink:

thinking of going again?

also, out of curiosity rather than fear, anyone turned up in a pub wearing a U2 shirt while they were playing in the city and incurred the wrath of the locals or anything similar? :wink:

I make sure to wear inconspicuous shirts whenever I'm there. Like the Zooropa baby or Pop Lemon, shirts that people not familiar with U2 will never recognise. It's fun when they do recognise it, giving away their fandom. :lol: Have had a couple great chats with bartenders, every Irishman has their own U2 story.

thinking of going again?

For the croke gigs there were u2 t shirts everywhere,all over the place. I supose it would be slightly different cause there would be alot less people going to the gigs then there was on the 360 tour.

I start a new job tomorrow. I forsee lots of sheepish begging for unpaid time off, you know, IF...

I'll be looking to crash on someone's floor for cheap. D:

be sure to send a postcard

[TWEET]641271704795394048[/TWEET]
In terms of capacity, the SSE Arena in Belfast is slightly smaller than the 3Arena. However, they'll be able to fit the entire stage at the SSE Arena. We'll see what ends up being announced.

Last edited:
I've been to Dublin twice now and loved it ... I enjoyed being there without all the U2 craziness. Would definitely love to go again. Let's see if I change my mind the second the dates are announced. :lol:

... because, I mean, I have not yet been to Belfast on either of my two-week Ireland trips. :reject:

To anyone that hasnt seen u2 in dublin my message is "do it" i did it on the 360 tour and it was like u2 heaven! I mean the whole city aswell. Dublin was great but when dublin is u2 themed everywhere and i mean everywhere its amazing!

I found the 'Dublin Experience' to be a bit overrated.

Was there in 2009 for the three 360 shows, including front rows for Night 1 and 3. Obviously U2 is always amazing, I just didn't see them playing with an 'extra gear' or taking it to another level. If anything, I saw them 'tight' and a bit nervous.

Would I go again to Ireland to see U2? Probably not.

On the positive, the city does fill up with U2 fans. That was indeed a cool unique aspect of it.

Up until recently, I didn't think I wanted to see U2 in Dublin, because I didn't want to be in the city with a bajillion other U2 fans. Now that I've seen Dublin on my own without all the craziness, I think I could deal with it.

I mean, I like U2 fans in small doses or during the concerts, but en masse, roaming around the city free range like that? And possibly very drunk? Shoot me.

(I'm kidding. .......... mostly. :wink: )

Last edited:
Saw them in 2005 and 2009, there was a difference between them- mainly 2005 was first time ever in a gold circle and after 11 hours of queueing the whole experience was surreal. I noticed in 2009 the impact the recession had on the place- but it was still a very special experience- but alot less U2 presence across the city

I found the 'Dublin Experience' to be a bit overrated.

Was there in 2009 for the three 360 shows, including front rows for Night 1 and 3. Obviously U2 is always amazing, I just didn't see them playing with an 'extra gear' or taking it to another level. If anything, I saw them 'tight' and a bit nervous.

Would I go again to Ireland to see U2? Probably not.

On the positive, the city does fill up with U2 fans. That was indeed a cool unique aspect of it.

I went to cardiff after dublin and cardiff was a better gig but nothing would top the whole u2 dublin experience. Which is what it is an experience,its something different then just going to a gig.

Back
Top Bottom