U2 orchestrated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolbersu2

War Child
After seeing the u2 at the BBCspecial I was quite impressed. Why was there never a big collaboration between this band and an orchestra??? Especially the new songs sound so great to me me. One, Stuck in a moment and Beautiful Day sounded very good, but those new songs... So why not do more with an orchestra? Plenty of bands did it and I think it could 'catapult' them back to the top of the charts again. My idea: Release SOI/SOE as a double orchestrated album along with a bluray release and bring a full orchestra including backing vocalists on tour! I'd die for such versions from songs like EBW (we kind of have this one already), Troubles, Volcano, RBW, Cedarwood Road, Iris, SFS/13, Best Thing, Little things, LIATWHL, Landlady....
It's not a big new concept; but I know for sure it WILL work!

I'm with you fully on this one!!
Only problem with this band is: there is something in their DNA that always screams: acoustic!
They always think the magic happens for sure when all kinds of songs are played acoustic.
They'd rather play Unforgettable Fire on a banjo then let some songs fully bloom and fly with an orchestra.
So now they did this with the BBC Orchestra was a big and welcome surprise.
They must have heard it themselves too I think how wonderful most songs sounded: Big, bright, atmospheric, spacious, emotional.
So give the acoustic argument a rest boys, for a while...!

Pearl Jam would bring a 4 piece quartet on stage for 2 or 3 songs during the first encore of the Backspacer tour to do Just Breathe, The End, and Lukin. At MSG this led to the debut of Slow Lukin, which was phenomenal.

There were rumors of a similar arrangement for I/e on the e stage, but obviously that didn't happen. I wouldn't mind it, provided that the songs are full band and not just Bono and edge acoustic with a 4 piece quartet

I haven’t seen the whole BBC special yet, but from what I saw, the orchestra really brought the songs to life. Adding an orchestra is lightyears better than just doing an acoustic set. If they did an entire album like this, I’d buy it. It would be an interesting idea for a fan club CD.

They already answered that question as part of the special - Bono specifically says it would feel self indulgent.

But I agree with you - they should do more with it. The first time I really remember them using one is All I Want Is You and though they should do it more.

They already answered that question as part of the special - Bono specifically says it would feel self indulgent.

But I agree with you - they should do more with it. The first time I really remember them using one is All I Want Is You and though they should do it more.
Bono is concerned about seeming self indulgent?

Back
Top Bottom