U2 on Wikipedia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
I was just back on this thread when I noticed I hadn't made a reply I was going to make ...

Firstly, what poster in this thread even MENTIONED you? Your name appears nowhere in this thread.

Secondly, everyone here knows how you obsessively worship Bono like a god. I swear, if I smell even a hint of bias in your article, I will edit the daylights out of it before you can say "hail Bono" ten times fast. I just don't believe you can keep a neutral standpoint, quote statements and lyrics in context, or keep Bono's activities in perspective.

Gee, kid, don't get you shorts in such a twist. It's not a big deal. It really isn't.

And didn't you even think of PM's or emails?

And a thought about why U2's section is so lacking (although being worked on now :) ) in comparison to some less well known bands/artists...maybe because there is so much information about U2 available. The others don't have such massive amounts of information out there, so there is more need to compile it somewhere. Of course, that doesn't mean U2's section can't be much better.

First, I don't ever remember having any kind of disagreement or personal tiff with Axver to illicit this type of vicious personal attack. So where exactly the personal animosity is coming from is mind-boggling to me and really exhibits a very unkind and actually a very un-U2 thing to do.

I have been in groups waiting for U2 before/after shows for autographs, pictures, etc and HAVE SEEN Bono get very upset with a "fan" who is purposely disrespectful and degrading to another person in line. That is what has happened here in this unwarranted personal attack on me and I wonder what the B-man would say about one of his "fans" who is overtly rude and degrading to someone else who is simply tryimg to get along.

I don't think he would have very kind words to the personal attacker.

Two, I don't worship Bono - I don't hardly even post about him anymore. If you're looking for Bono worshippers, Axver, you need to look who is posting ad naseum in a forum like PLEBA. I don't do that.

If I make a comment about Bono it is based on my Respect for his humanitarianism, not his chest. You don't seem to criticize these people (like in PLEBA), but you'll criticize me. WHY? What have I ever done to you?

And let me tell my fellow PLEBAns that I am not attacking you - I think each of us should be able to appreciate Bono or Edge or Larry or Adam any way we want, without attack from anyone else.

THAT is the U2 way.

So sad that a thread that started out in a positive way has taken such a negative spin.

This is NOT in the Name of Love.

I think some people's lack of U2 credibility has just been exposed.

And I guess that Queen Bee got her question answered.

Thanks, beli, for trying to extend to me an olive branch of Peace. (indra too)

On the bright side, the argument is keeping the thread on the first page...

Somebody translated the October page I wrote into Hungarian! How crazy is that? Really crazy, is how.

typhoon said:
On the bright side, the argument is keeping the thread on the first page...

Somebody translated the October page I wrote into Hungarian! How crazy is that? Really crazy, is how.

You're an international star, typhoon! :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom