U2 LP13 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JI58O.jpg

Doesn't work that way. They have a corporate partner, so there's also whatever product they're flogging to make it 'worth it'. The actual pool is Company Profit + U2 Profit, and then there's a RED % of presumably both in there.

Ah, they're getting someone else to stump up the cash for em - those sneaky ol sneakpots!

Ah, they're getting someone else to stump up the cash for em - those sneaky ol sneakpots!

Possibly, or not entirely and there’s a portion from Universal, or it’s all tied together.

“Advertise your New Thing during the Super Bowl, sign up to be a RED partner and promote it that way, and you’ll get U2 endorsing your New Thing in the ad while playing our New Thing for the first time.”
Or
“We’ve got a New Thing and we want to push it during the Super Bowl, and you’ve got a New Thing and the Super Bowl would be great for pushing that too. How about we wrap them together under the banner of RED so we can all feel good, and push our New Things together?”
Or
“Your New Thing and our New Thing go together, so maybe you should launch your New Thing during the Super Bowl and we can kick that all off with the launch of our New Thing, and we should both naturally make money from that as our New Thing will naturally be heavily involved with your New Thing, and we did this kind of thing previously with another New Thing and it worked a treat. But this time we should tie it up with RED so your New Thing doesn’t make our New Thing smell too bad.”

"Something amazing" would be an unexpected album drop, or at the very least announcement.

An ad for RED during the super bowl isn't in and of it's self "amazing."

So either the edge is taking a cue from the Bono school or hyperbole, or something amazing is going to happen very shortly.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

i don't know... remember Tiesto... :crack:

So to recap - I was away this past weekend here's a roadmap of what we have found out:

U2's 13/14/15 th album: Donkey Punch
May come out: Super Bowl Sunday - Early Spring - June - 4thQ
First Single - Possibly on or possibly not on Donkey Punch: Invisible
Super Bowl Ad: May have something to do with (RED), Beats by dre, Beats Downloads, Beats Me, Donkey Punch release date
Beach Tapes - we have heard something out of an aircraft hanger and most likely will hate it - except for the noise of the traffic going by.
Band Plays - for the 4th year anniversary of Haiti relief
Golden Globes: Bono disses Diddy, enjoys a little Amy, wins an award. Edge says they are still working on the album. Bono says the album won't be done until at least June. Kate Blanchett epic ally burns U2.

All in all a pretty good weekend I'd say. :up:

For all the June nay-sayers, isn't it possible they got themselves into another Pop situation? They made a deal with RED, or whoever, for a Super Bowl ad fully expecting they would have their act together and the album would be finished, only to now realize they need more time, but whoops, we're already committed to releasing Invisible in the Super Bowl ad. Viola, single released 4+ months before album drop. Sure, I hope this is dead wrong, and it's a smokescreen for a surprise release at the SB, or at least a March/April release, but I'm not optimistic.

For all the June nay-sayers, isn't it possible they got themselves into another Pop situation? They made a deal with RED, or whoever, for a Super Bowl ad fully expecting they would have their act together and the album would be finished, only to now realize they need more time, but whoops, we're already committed to releasing Invisible in the Super Bowl ad. Viola, single released 4+ months before album drop. Sure, I hope this is dead wrong, and it's a smokescreen for a surprise release at the SB, or at least a March/April release, but I'm not optimistic.

That would imply the band and/or management made the same mistake they said they'd never make again, commit before it's done.

Guys, seriously, we have a problem here.

I just waded through six pages of discussion on a Bono quote.

:tsk: And not once. NOT ONCE, did anyone use the proper response to these allegations.

Bono lies. It's as simple as that.

Many of the things being tossed about are POSSIBLE. But if you look at all the things we know, what is the most LIKELY scenario?

Is it likely that they're going to work on an album without the producer who's done all of the work on the album to this point, as he is clearly not available for most of the time between now and June? Of course not.

So that only leaves two likely scenarios... It's done, other than perhaps the artwork and liner notes, or they're fucked and it's back to the drawing board.

Which do you believe?

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom