U2: Letterman's House Band for a FULL WEEK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok.
Saw the Letterman top 10 tonight and Edge's jab at Sting.

Why?

It's not the first time, and frankly it's pissing me off. Edge, go ahead and make fun of Bon Jovi, or whatever,but Sting? Why? Sting is much more of an accomplished artist than "The Edge", so really, step the hell off.

Sting has been lame at times but so has the Edge, starting with that fucking stupid riff to Vetigo and continuing with Boots.

Edge, whatever your fucking problem is, it ain't cool to keep on pissing on Sting. It's in bad taste and you know it.

Or are you afraid Sting can whip your ass on guitar whn Sting is primaily a bass player?

*pissed*

BTW Edge, I think you owe Andy Summers some money.

Ass.

Calm down dude, it's obviously a joke.

Ok.

Why?

It's not the first time, and frankly it's pissing me off. Edge, go ahead and make fun of Bon Jovi, or whatever,but Sting? Why? Sting is much more of an accomplished artist than "The Edge", so really, step the hell off.

Sting has been lame at times but so has the Edge, starting with that fucking stupid riff to Vetigo and continuing with Boots.

Edge, whatever your fucking problem is, it ain't cool to keep on pissing on Sting. It's in bad taste and you know it.

Or are you afraid Sting can whip your ass on guitar whn Sting is primaily a bass player?

*pissed*

Ass.

Ok. Take a deep breath. In. Then out. Feel better? Sting is the
absolute all time captain of snarky remarks about other artists. He can't help it--he's a Brit. Edge was just making a funny. If Gordon saw it he probably snickered, turned to his wife and made a rude comment about Edge's guitar playing. The next time he runs into Edge somewhere in the South of France at a five trillion dollar a night resort they'll probably have a chuckle about it.

Now here's a real putdown of Sting.

Googled this. I believe this event happened in 2002. You think Edge took a shot at your hero, Jofo? Prepare to be ENRAGED. :mad:

A YEAR AGO, as Sting was preparing to perform at a charity party in Cannes, Bono introduced him. "He is one of the most talented singers and songwriters in the world," said the U2 frontman. "He plays a mean bass guitar, He's good-looking. He's fit. He has a beautiful wife. But God is fair ... and he has no penis!"

Crazy Tonight is on the verge of becoming an anthem. Bono didn't have his best voice tonight (missed a bunch of the high notes), but that was still a powerful performance.

Oh what an excellent performance. They were very comfortable with this song for its debut. Bono was really good his vocals were excellent on the lows. Definitely up there with the other two performances this week.

Googled this. I believe this event happened in 2002. You think Edge took a shot at your hero, Jofo? Prepare to be ENRAGED. :mad:

A YEAR AGO, as Sting was preparing to perform at a charity party in Cannes, Bono introduced him. "He is one of the most talented singers and songwriters in the world," said the U2 frontman. "He plays a mean bass guitar, He's good-looking. He's fit. He has a beautiful wife. But God is fair ... and he has no penis!"

Now that is funny, considering Sting's annoying "8 hour sex" talk over the years....

Hearing that song live just made me a huge fan of that song. I wasn't liking it much on the album listen-throughs, but now I do.

What did they sing on night 2?

Hearing that song live just made me a huge fan of that song. I wasn't liking it much on the album listen-throughs, but now I do.

What did they sing on night 2?

Oh same here. On first listen it didn't jump out to me very much "Oh U2... not another one like this" but it's going to be a true anthem on this record and it sounds awesome live.

Crazy kind of lacked some punch... I think it'll be performed live on tour, but it'll be flat

I told my wife that Crazy Tonight would be an unbelievable song live - and it looks like I was right. Imagine if this song takes off as the next single and you're screaming that chorus along with 50,000 other people inside your local sports stadium this summer? These guys are so on it right now, they should just kick off the tour next week!

Ok.

Why?

*pissed*

Ass.

Wow, someone likes to dish it out, but can't stand it when someone else makes a light joke???

Ok.

Why?

*pissed*

Ass.

lol...get a grip, guy.

Ok.

Why?

*pissed*

Ass.

that's a classic post.

Ok.

Why?

*pissed*

Ass.

lighten up Francis.

Edge loses out untimately due to Sting's tantric eight hour sex sessions. Or.....does he? :hmm:

:bonodrum: :bonodrum: :bonodrum:

Ok.

Why?

*pissed*

Ass.

jofo you are starting to suck ballz

Back
Top Bottom