Bono & Edge to Appear on Letterman Show Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I rejoiced too soon, it is not working:sad: even with the VLC player

The link I posted is working perfectly, I will give you very clear instructions. It's really easy. Proxy is also a good solution, but I'm on Internet Explorer 8, not Firefox (been meaning to try it out).

1. Download from netload. You will get a 361mb .rar file. The video is inside.

2. Download and run the 7-zip installer (7z920.exe). Reboot.

3. Right-click the 361mb .rar file, come down to 7-zip, and in the new menu select "Extract Here". Wait about 20 secs for it to get done.

4. Now go into new "David Letterman" folder, and similarly, go to the .rar file again, right-click it, come down to 7-zip, and in the new menu select "Extract Here". Wait another 20 secs and you have your precious _avi video file. It's 349mb in size.

lol even better, that's the .avi directly, without extraction
icon14.gif

The only thing is that netload is much faster to download 350mb than filesonic
icon7.gif

Thank's for the links! I downloaded it immediately after i finished watching.that interview is so funny and they are both so cute!

okay, just watched the travesty that is 'A Freak Like Me' . . .um, broadway or no, it stinks :uhoh:

*L* Same reaction everyone has at first. Listen to it again. Then again. I think it's the best thing they've done since Vertigo.

the most important part of Letterman was Bono mentioning (and repeating) that 5 million people in Africa are now on the antiretroviral drugs, which is a really really good thing.

That was really funny last night and that performance of Stuck was very good. Bono really put a lot of feeling into it and it was ver powerful.

I noticed Bono's leg, too, but I thought he was just being relaxed. What puzzled me more was that he walked in with one hand behind his back; I thought he was hiding something back there.

As for the Spiderman thing, it was OK; I'm not into Broadway, but it looked impressive on TV. My mom saw it and she thought it was creepy.

I really felt for Bono with the mistake. You could see he was devastated about missing the line. Otherwise it was the best performance of Stuck I've seen.

And Edge's pure skill and talent REALLY shines through in an acoustic jam.

2 numbers on the night shocked me - 700 million and 170 million. I had no idea what the tour gross was but never would've guessed $700 million. Maybe Greece will ask U2 for a bailout. And I thought album sales was at 150 million. Holy cow.

The whole show is apparently up on You Tube. I'm watching it now, though I should be working :lol: Great interview. I've always felt bad for them because of the way the Spiderman Musical has been treated by certain media. I think they really believe in this stuff and put a lot into it. It's good to hear the musical is working out well for everyone finally.

Finally watched it last night - gotta love PVR! :up:

LOVE these guys. No crap No hidden agenda - real honesty and down-to-earth. The last few real role models out there.
icon36.gif

Congrats

Bono, who has endeavored to become a soul singer, has certainly become one.

Congratulations Bono and thanks for the passion :up:

Just wondering if any body would have a spare copy on disk that thay are willing to share,as my computer won't let me down load any link just a little YouTube please Help!!!!

Did anyone notice?

Bono almost looked and was moving like a blind man near the end of the song...

How much more soul could one put into a song?

I just watched it all today. I had first only watched the clip of Bono & Edge performing Stuck and my first impression was that it was too strained. When I had downloaded the whole show and listened again I thought it was a really good performance and wondered why my first impression was so-so. Bono had to move a lot in the chair because it's harder to sing when sitting. It was a fun interview, our guys seemed relaxed and I loved Edge's 'oh, there's a guitar here'.
I was bit nervous at Dave's question about the starvation catastrophe, the news I read about this is resent but of course not unexpected being a continent with so many hazardous problems. Bono's point that engaging in these issues helps is important I think.
When reading about money for aid ending up in the wrong places it's easy to think 'whatever, my money won't reach those who need it anyway.' while further research might help to find an organisation you feel will manage to help those who need it. Reading articles about Edun gives a story about how difficult this types of humanitarian work often is. When I heard about it the first time I thought that this was the logical step to take. Bono went under the name Paul Hewson in the interviews together with Ali, a gesture pointing at that Bono wasn't the main point, the fair-trade cause was. I've read about other idealists trying to make a change in Africa and what a hazardous journey that can be with corruption, politicians and a law-force not be trusted.

Back to Letterman-show I did find the Broadway piece very entertaining. I had heard the song on the album but it's something else to see the characters perform it. I do not live in a place where I get the chance to see these type of productions so I'm not blasé when it comes to a show like this. Too easily impressed maybe but the song was catchy and I thought Green Goblin's face was better than the movie version which was only a stiff mask. I adore Willem Dafoe who played the movie's Green Goblin but him and Spiderman being able to only move their head a little while having a conversation was laughable. I like that Broadway Goblin has mimic in his face.

Back
Top Bottom