B&E on the Late Late Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Hope you all are staying safe and sane :)

Looks like Bono and Edge were on The Late Late Show in Ireland a few days ago. Just popped up on YouTube for me! They performed Walk On and Christmas (Baby Please Come Home). Just a simple set of acoustic performances but they made me smile and seemed perfect to end this hard year. Didn’t see a thread (or entry on U2Gigs) so I thought I’d point it out!

Also, Bono’s voice sounds great, stronger than on recent tours. The break has done him well.

https://youtu.be/jGy4wnFpstU

https://youtu.be/eUQAP9uV4hg

They're not his best look are they? Even a couple(?) of years later and they've not grown on me at all.

Good to see them performing, but boy does Bono look his age. I guess these last 4/5 years have really taken their toll on him physically.

Wow, they better not ever describe themselves as "punk" or any variation again after that performance of Walk On. That was the old-fogiest thing they've ever done. (And the look only adds to that fact)

Christmas wasn't bad at least.

Wow, they better not ever describe themselves as "punk" or any variation again after that performance of Walk On. That was the old-fogiest thing they've ever done. (And the look only adds to that fact).

It was a bit Peter/Paul & Mary, but it fit the occasion and made me appreciate what a solid song it is.

I know short haired Bono sells fewer album, but the length really makes him look old. And he should get tips on skin care from Adam and Edge who are both pretty glowy for their age. But stay away from Larry’s plastic surgeon.

Drop the Lennon glasses. And cut the hair. We all know it’s fake.

Bring back the wrap around shades. Will take ten years off of him

...glad Interference hasn’t gotten any less negative in the long time since I’ve posted :)

Ugh. Not their best showing.

Nice of them to make this appearance, I guess, but 'Walk On' performed like that is a snooze-fest and someone desperately needs to hire a stylist for Bono.

I realize some of us are suffering from some questionable hairstyles in the wake of 9 months of COVID but there’s no reason Ol’ Craggle Rock can’t use conditioner and a comb. The transpl, err, miraculously maintained locks looked ok in 2015 when he had someone moussing it or whatever.

Ol’ Craggle Rock

tenor.gif

OOF.

They're not his best look are they? Even a couple(?) of years later and they've not grown on me at all.

Good to see them performing, but boy does Bono look his age. I guess these last 4/5 years have really taken their toll on him physically.

Don't get the style choices whatsoever, especially sunglasses and hair.

Things that, as you pointed out, are totally different from physical aging. Even with his especially rough last 6 years, the sunglasses and long hair are probably still the biggest contributing factors to the overall image.

physically, he looked good for his age as recently as 2014 before the bike accident, in my opinion.

Still decent with the blonde whatever the hell that was thing in 2015.

The last time he looked like a rock star, and his recent peak, was of course the 2011 leg of 360.

It's downright striking how much he's aged since then..... none of this is a criticism aside from the hair/glasses.

I'm only 33, and hell, 9 years has done a lot to me, too. :lol::lol:

Both performances sounded great, and after 2020, it's a great feeling to see them perform and one more reminder of how lucky we are to still all be here with this band.

I've long since resigned myself to the inevitability that we're not getting Vertigo or pre Vertigo levels of relevance or energy back, but the performances have suffered remarkably little for the decline in things like running the ellipse and covering the whole stage/run ways once every 5 minutes.

Jeez. He looks fine. And they sounded fine. It was a Christmas show during a pandemic. The song and arrangment fit the bill. Its not like there gonna go out there and rip thru a set, haha.

I'm all about those round glasses coming off though.

This is Interference. Nothing is ever fine.

Ok, nothing except Adam’s refined visage. I need to age like THAT.

Back
Top Bottom