U2 KROQ Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paper-dolling is when groups of self-important fuck-tards link arms and walk slowly to the rails to prevent others from getting there.
:lmao:

This is actually a real thing? Luckily the slow line-nazi's are protected as well.

It's astounding how little you know about this/these people. They don't get training....they don't NEED training.....it's innate. They are the training.

And this is why you'll never run a line.

But where's my starting point? Is there a handbook at least?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But where's my starting point? Is there a handbook at least?

I have heard you need to have a secret greeting to even say hello to one of them

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hey guys I'm just reserving this post in the thread for later. Next time someone posts something funny I'm just gonna edit this post and make it seem like I came up with it first.

Reading back through the thread - I think Romi was expecting a "thanks" or a "well done" for organising the line. Man did that backfire...

Cant believe I actually agree 100% with a Laz post.

See what the line Nazis have wrought...

HellFrozenOver-notext-640x.jpeg

Someone mentioned the Elevation tour/Boston lineup incident during the dates they filmed for the live home video. I thought that incident was pretty funny but on the other hand, U2's crew was instructed by the company doing the film production to pull "good looking" people from the line late in the afternoon to get in early for key spots up front for the cameras which was disappointing to hear regarding a band like U2.

I know this thread is supposedly about the Roxy, but I feel the need to clear the air here about Boston Elevation from 14 years ago (almost to the day)!

I was pulled from the line (and I wouldn't say I'm the most gorgeous woman on earth... :sexywink:). A friend and I had been in line since 6am that day and were very close to the front of the line (I think in the low 40s). So not everyone invited to join them was from the back of the line as I've read countless times over in the past. When we were invited to go with them, it was all very secretive.

"Would you like a special opportunity? We can't tell you what is it though."

"But we've been in line all day. We don't want to lose our spot. Is it worth it?"

"We think so, but we can't say why."

We decided to take the risk. While waiting in a stairwell for 45 mins inside, we were told that there was a filming for a U2 interview with fans and that would we were going to participate in that and a special meet and greet. We were NEVER told about being allowed in early to the arena.

We were all excited about the meet and greet. Of course, all of that was a lie. It was one big confusing mess. We were bummed that didn't happen. It was also amazing to hear people threatening violence to those who were at the rail that night. But I've long digressed...

So there you have it from someone who was actually a participant in that whole situation.

As of now, I'm skipping GA this tour because I am done with the line drama. Even though 10/27/01 was the best U2 show of my life, MSG pulled a scary situation that show by opening a 2nd door. People rushed and pushed. Similar situation with Tampa during 360. While not all GA line-ups have been so crazy, and I've enjoyed some great shows "at the rail", I am flat out done with the sense of entitlement from some and the "line reservation" lists with many on said list not parking their asses on the concrete and dealing with heat/cold. Hell, I found the shows dancing in the middle of the heart/circle etc...to be just as enjoyable if not more.

Now back to the Roxy... I would have died to have been there. Hoping U2 does a club show when I'm there in July. X crossing my fingers X

Interesting that people are complaining about lines.

The band and the venues do little to nothing regarding lines.

If there were no lists and things spiraled into chaos, there would be complaints.

In the past people complained that they had to wait all day. Now that some have come up with a way that takes an all day wait out of the equation, people complain.

Their have been good line leaders. There have been jerks. This tour seems to have run rather smooth and fan friendly. Nate, Naomi and Daryl have run smooth fair well-ran lines. All show locations should hope their lines run as well as the PHX & LA lines have ran.

I've not seen anyone adding people unless they were present. This is an improvement over previous tours.

As for the Roxy... Same thing. If the street was full of people, with no organization, and you'd waited all day... Only to have late arrivals push past you... You'd be upset. So why complain that someone organized things and made it as comfortable as possible?

I don't understand the complaints.

Just seems that some people will never be satisfied.

but there are security people there. they're paid to sort this shit out, we don't need people who are just ticket holders like us taking it upon themselves to boss everyone around and control everything, operating out of their headquarters in a fucking bus stop?!

If fights broke out, or the high council started bleating that they deserve the front row because they've spent the past dozen gigs rigging the line already, let the people whose JOB it is deal with it. These line runners have no authority, security should laugh at them and those not acting like entitled busy bodies should ridicule and humiliate them at any given opportunity.

Let them cry and sit down in protest, let them threaten violence (which doesn't surprise me in the slightest) but this isn't about fairness it's about pretending to have authority to control others , pretending to liaise with security and city officials just enough to get what they want. They're slimy, spoilt, entitled assholes and if I was in u2 seeing their faces every night I'd quit touring and become a studio band.

The only issue I have is people getting told to leave and come back at 5:30pm (or whenever). If I get their at noon, see 5 people hanging out, I should be 6th in line if I decide to stay. No one that swung by at 8am, got put on a fan-run list and was told to leave, should be in front me. If you need to leave to take a piss, or someone from your group grabs some food, fine.

The easiest way to stop it, is number your own hand with the amount of people there already waiting, plus 1. So if 5 people are there, I number my own hand 6. Anyone asks, I was here and 5 people were in front of me. Done. I would gladly punch my way to the front. (At least to spot 6)

Shit like this makes me glad I live in Europe. Where lining up actually means LINING UP and not writing your name down and pissing off hours later. Sure you can leave shortly to take a piss or get some food, but we keep shit decent. And it's not the same nazis every gig either.

I think the threat of chaos is just playing in the hands of these entitled people. There's no actual proof that it would happen. Look at European lines. mostly no nazi, often no books, yes we have markers with numbers, yet are we all going down in complete chaos because we have no line nazis? :panic:

Oh wait, we don't. Since we're civilised people and all there to watch U2 like equals.

Sure we get the occasional line jumper, but they are tossed out by security or by the group immediately. No issues. At all.

The only issue I have is people getting told to leave and come back at 5:30pm (or whenever). If I get their at noon, see 5 people hanging out, I should be 6th in line if I decide to stay. No one that swung by at 8am, got put on a fan-run list and was told to leave, should be in front me. If you need to leave to take a piss, or someone from your group grabs some food, fine.

The easiest way to stop it, is number your own hand with the amount of people there already waiting, plus 1. So if 5 people are there, I number my own hand 6. Anyone asks, I was here and 5 people were in front of me. Done. I would gladly punch my way to the front. (At least to spot 6)

Why in the name of the Lord would you even be there at noon?

I can't stand entitled fucktards who think they can show up at opening time and be in the front of the line! And worst yet they think they are doing a service to humanity! Get a grip! That's why I never do GA anymore! Too much bullshit and it really pisses me off when I've waited a while and have some douchebags come much later and cut in front of me! Romi and all those who defend him are all self entitled pricks! Sorry I had to rant!

So Chris can get a good spot and film his awesome videos to share with the rest of us. Chris gets a pass. :wink:

Yeah. I really have no issues with the people that actually want to line up all day as long as they stay there. I remember back in 2001 I had gotten in line at like 10 AM in the morning for the Milwaukee show. The last time I ever did it. But it was a good experience but I would probably only want to do once. Back then I don't think there was a line police though. People just police themselves. At least in Milwaukee. But people in Wisconsin are pretty normal for the most part.

I'm glad San Jose was my first experience with GA. Wristbands given out early in the morning, and you can continue to get your wristband until an hour before the gates open. If you don't have a wristband, line up at the back. If you do, line up in your spot. There were people who did camp out overnight, but they got their gratification early enough in the morning by the venue (not some nerd with a clipboard), that there wasn't any drama as far as I could tell.

but there are security people there. they're paid to sort this shit out, we don't need people who are just ticket holders like us taking it upon themselves to boss everyone around and control everything, operating out of their headquarters in a fucking bus stop?!

If fights broke out, or the high council started bleating that they deserve the front row because they've spent the past dozen gigs rigging the line already, let the people whose JOB it is deal with it. These line runners have no authority, security should laugh at them and those not acting like entitled busy bodies should ridicule and humiliate them at any given opportunity.

Let them cry and sit down in protest, let them threaten violence (which doesn't surprise me in the slightest) but this isn't about fairness it's about pretending to have authority to control others , pretending to liaise with security and city officials just enough to get what they want. They're slimy, spoilt, entitled assholes and if I was in u2 seeing their faces every night I'd quit touring and become a studio band.

Fact is, the way the GA lines have been operation during this tour works and works for the majority.

As for stating security will sort it out - they won't do it on their own accord. They only time they have been useful is with working with those in and assisting with lines.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom