U2 Fans Spoiled Rotten ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lemon Grrrrrl said:

promobono2005.gif

:laugh:

For the record, I don't have U218 yet; it's on my Amazon Wish List. I've received most the things in my U2 collection as gifts - I'm really easy to buy for that way.

^^^ that's awesome, hahaha, I want one, JK!!!

But he's missing some of his famous quotes,

"rock and roll doggy!!"

"The Edge is on Fire!"

and, of course,

"It's like punk rock from Venus!"

U2NativeSon said:

3. The lack of POP songs makes me laugh , because the majority of posts I read on here , bash POP , yet there were so many songs on the "Best Of 1990-2000" , even new mixes , so we should all have them anyway ... it also may be possible that PopMart Mexico will finally make it to DVD in 2007.

Adam told the fans that they were working on releasing Popmart Mexico on DVD next year when we meet him at Abbey Road

I'm not sure that spoiled is really the word for it. They have repackaged some things and baited fans with a few extras, although not without cost. They have released a very insightful book, and a few very worthwhile concert DVDs. However, if you look at the number of live releases by bands like the Dave Matthews Band or Pearl Jam, we don't seem nearly as "spoiled". Why not release shows so that fans can purchase them online like either of these bands do, and give people the option to download or buy cds? And I'd hardly say that the Zoo TV cds are motivation to renew your subscription, you're probably better off to buy a program that rips the audio from DVDs and make your own copy of the Sydney show, and then also rip the Slane, Boston and Chicago shows, as well as the audio tracks from Rattle and Hum the movie. So they have given us a taste, but we are far from being spoiled.

Yeah, most of us have the vast majority of the songs on U218. But it did have Saints and WITS...and you could get the deluxe edition with the book and Milan DVD. I also think the U218 DVD is awesome...SO glad they put that out. :drool: We also got ZooTV on DVD, and we got the U2 by U2 book. Some people are even seeing them live. I gotta say, for not having a new album...this has been a pretty awesome U2 year.

tleaves said:
I'm not sure that spoiled is really the word for it. They have repackaged some things and baited fans with a few extras, although not without cost. They have released a very insightful book, and a few very worthwhile concert DVDs. However, if you look at the number of live releases by bands like the Dave Matthews Band or Pearl Jam, we don't seem nearly as "spoiled". Why not release shows so that fans can purchase them online like either of these bands do, and give people the option to download or buy cds? And I'd hardly say that the Zoo TV cds are motivation to renew your subscription, you're probably better off to buy a program that rips the audio from DVDs and make your own copy of the Sydney show, and then also rip the Slane, Boston and Chicago shows, as well as the audio tracks from Rattle and Hum the movie. So they have given us a taste, but we are far from being spoiled.

I see where you're coming from but I appreciate the quality control aspect of it. When U2 releases something commercially, it always comes off as carefully considered and packaged and not just rushed out the door to make a fast buck. It doesn't mean we (hardcore freak fans) are always going to find it useful, but at least you know when its some official release, the band has been super involved at all stages. I don't mean to imply that PJ and DMB are after the fast buck by the way. I just can't imagine dealing with 30 live albums released on the same day (like PJ did a few years back).

Mad props to the original post by the way. Nice to see some grace and positivity related to this topic.

Refreshing to see an intelligent discussion about this subject. U2NativeSon, some excellent points in your post. Unfortunately I think a lot of people just enjoy complaining. It's fine to criticise a product, but so many of the posts regarding U2:18 had no valid points at all and seemed to be based on "this release sucks, because I already have the content" Didn't understand that then and I don't now. If you already have it, don't buy it. Where's the problem?

If or when they put out a sub par product, then I would be the first to complain, but an album containing mostly 4/5 star songs with a bonus DVD... No pleasing some people.

Back
Top Bottom