U2 Come Full Circle as 360 Degree Tour Launches in Barcelona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2space.jpg

070.jpg

July 1, 2009

U2 at Nou Camp Stadium, Barcelona

It’s only rock’n’roll, but for a band of U2’s stature, it sure takes some organizing these days. The 120 trucks needed to freight the 164ft centrepiece of the group’s new 360° Tour emptied out their load two weeks ahead of this, the first of 44 stadium shows.

After .....

Thanks for sharing that article and pics of the claw :hug:
I'd love to collect some pics of the claw :applaud:

Beside,
It would really great to have another pic of the full member on one shoot :heart: especially in HQ **too much request lol**

Magnificent: U2 thrills Barcelona at Camp Nou

July 1 2009

The waiting is over, the circus is rolling, and the verdict is: wow. After years of planning and months of preparation and practice, U2 got their 360 tour under way in Barcelona last night and stunned a sell-out crowd at Camp Nou with a spectacular show and a performance that perhaps only they could pull off — intimate despite the vastness of its setting.

Taking to the stage just after 10pm local time, Larry, Bono, the Edge and Adam immediately launched into Breathe from their new album, No Line On The Horizon, followed by the title track from the same record.

From there on in the balmy Catalan evening was pierced with Get On Your Boots, followed by the latest single, Magnificent.

Bono said that the aim of the show was to make “the audience like the fifth member of the band”.

Last night U2 triumphed in annexing the 90,000-strong crowd as Barcelona bounced, sang and danced to Dublin's finest. The much trumpeted Claw, the centrepiece of the show, drew the crowd in and the dedicated few who managed to secure a berth between the inner and outer stages were treated to unrivalled views of the band as they hurtled through their set list.

This offering drew mostly from the last decade, with eight of the 23 tracks drawn from before 2000.

Seven songs from the new record were included, and I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight was a standout. The audience was treated to a dance remix of the track, with Larry Mullen coming to the outer stage to play the bongos.

Returning to the stage for the encore, Bono was dressed in a black jacket fitted with red laser lights across the shoulders, the beams reaching to different corners of the stadium with his every move.

Camp Nou was completely dark, and the only visual accompaniment to Bono's lasers were streaks of light which were directed at, and bounced off, a giant disco ball which descended from the centre of the Claw.

The there was Larry Mullen's rotating drum kit, the bridges that swivelled around between the inner and outer stages like the hands of a clock, and the sheer sight of the Claw itself.

It took up almost half the length of the famed pitch, its legs reached to each sideline and its spear like centre even managed to peer out from the peaks of one of Europe's biggest stadiums.

It first creaked to life for Snow Patrol, the vast wraparound screen projecting the Northern Irish band's hits including Chocolate and Take Back The City, to a relatively small crowd which mushroomed as darkness fell.

“I bet everybody is wondering what the hell this is — me too,” lead singer Gary Lightbody said of the Claw.

Then it was U2's turn and the Claw unleashed itself in a blizzard of light and noise.

Walk On was dedicated to Aung San Suu Kyi, the Burmese pro-democracy prisoner, as it will be every night on this tour.

Thousands of fans donned masks of Suu Kyi, as the band had requested. U2 play again in Barcelona on Saturday.

Belfast Telegraph,

Wow, thanks for all the pictures :love:

It's all so impressive and amazing.

I don't have time for anything more because I'm packing my bags and leaving tomorrow. Next week: Milan for me. :drool: Can't wait.

Oh My GOD!!
Thanks girls, I just went through the last 15 pages after not being able to hear audio or see video when I was following the event last night. They look so great! I can't wait to see this in person, it's going to be absolutely marvelous!
I'm speechless, really.

Am I the only one who gets:
A ZooTV vibe off of Edge
A Popmart vibe from Bono
A Joshua Tree Tour vibe off of Adam
A joyful Larry vibe from Larry?
:drool: :D:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Thanks to eveyone for all the magnificent pics! :bow: Our Bono, the rocker, is back! :drool: I wonder whose idea it was for Bono's new leather jacket to have shiny little lights on it?!? :hmm: :lol:

And when I saw Adam, I thought he had a towel around is neck, but it turned out to be a huge lapel sort of thing.... 'coughsomeonecallthefashionpolicecough' :eeklaugh:

But oh the new stage is truly breath taking, U2 really have outdone themselves, again! :applaud: 17 more days till I get to see this live show in all it's glory!! :loveshower:

Babble babble, I can't put words into sentences :drool:

MY boys :love: They are all grown up :love:

And Bono :evil:

Thanks for the pics, one way to brighten up a crap day :hug:

A M A Z I N G ! ! !

Thank you all for the photos!!! I'm blown away!

Only 30 days left until I get to see the boys in action! :)

U2 did it again! :heart:

Hello guys!!

I've just come back from Barcelona... and I can't really say much because I've run out of words... I think I spent half of the show crying... :lol: It was really really incredible... worth wainting since the evening before under that hot sun... It's like I'm in a dream....

I'm preparing my pictures... but here you have one example...

P6300160.jpg

Hello guys!!

I've just come back from Barcelona... and I can't really say much because I've run out of words... I think I spent half of the show crying... :lol: It was really really incredible... worth wainting since the evening before under that hot sun... It's like I'm in a dream....

I'm preparing my pictures... but here you have one example...

P6300160.jpg

:ohmy:WOAH!!! Were you on the spaceship too Lobe?? That is an AMAZING closeup!! you can even see his tongue!!:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom