U2 at the BBC (Radio 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from the show :drool::drool: (well, no, in fact, I went for a few pints with friends first :D)

That was awesome, glad everyone was able to enjoy online too :hyper:

I was right under the balcony, couldn't see all that well of course because it was quite high, but Bono was coming over the rail all the time so it was all good. In fact I kept been scared shit he was going to fall over onto us! The sound was ok given the circumstances, they had put speakers all over the building, including subroofers on the sidewalk :up::up: During Boots the sound was not that great (guitar was way too low) but it got progressively better.

During Boots and Magnificient the crowd was not super excited--most people didn't seem to know the songs very well, obviously, but people got really into it during Vertigo and BD, despite being a bit far away from the band. Bono was really doing all he could to reach out to us :cute::hyper: Vertigo so kicks ass live, it's a real crowd pleaser, and was perfect for the setting.

About 8 friends of mine showed up after I sent an email around, ranging from one who is a huge fan but had never seen them live, to another who had heard of them but had no particular interest and just followed the group, and everyone in between casual/general public who like the big hits types. Everyone was completely thrilled afterwards, all asking me when is the record coming out and they will all buy it, and even wanting to make plans about seeing them live in Europe this summer! So well done on the promo there boys :up:

This was such a tease from a proper show though! Now I officially cannot wait for the tour :drool: :hyper:

Permanent links for some of my "older" files for Sicy to sticky...

BBC_U2_Live_Lounge_interview_(iplayerversion).flv
15MB

http://www.send space.com/file/03gpik

BBC_U2_Live_Lounge_performance_(iplayerversion).flv
69MB

http://www.send space.com/file/yx2exw

BBC_R5_Live_Simon_Mayo_interviews_U2.wma
24MB

http://www.send space.com/file/lfh3xv

BBC_U2_Magnificent.flv (Live Lounge webcast)
19MB

http://www.send space.com/file/ycbp0m

BBC_U2_Magnificent.wma (Live Lounge webcast)
6MB

http://www.send space.com/file/l7tu1b

I have a two part self-extracting RAR file of the rooftop performance BBCi video feed (450Mb) uploading and will post these links later.

Heading down the pub again... :beer:

thanks so much for that :)

oh it was fab. loved the gig. took a ton of picutres, in difficult condistions (not the most amazing zoom in the cam, and it was getting dark). I love to get audio and video from this, Magnificent was, well, magnificent. great great stuff.

Hmmmmmmmm

In the Simon Mayo interview - Bono mentions Oasis
In the Jo Whiley interview Bono says Noel Gallagher is a genius
In the Zane Lowe interview Bono mentions Noel as one of the all time greats
In the Chris Evans interview Bono wanted Live Forever

I'll have to watch Jonathan Ross and the culture show now to see if he continues the trend!

I like the way he thinks :up:

re; the word Wanker? I never hear it used over here unlike back home... but it was in the POPMART era Simpsons episode, Adam uses it and then Mr Burns does on the plane at the end.

Trash of the Titans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ see last paragraph 'controversy'

It's more a petty kind of insult rather than say the colourful F 'n C words.

U2simpsons.png

I'm pretty sure they have used it very recently on the TV show Supernatural too.

BBC_U2_Broadcasting_House_Rooftop_Gig_27-02-2009(iplayerversion).flv
51MB
http://www.send space.com/file/ip9g2l
Great job enajh2! I'll definitely download that as well. Thanks!

I got the torrent of the rooftop gig finally downloaded. Wow, is it crystal clear and awesome sounding! Took forever for 400+mb but well worth it.

Great part of the gig was at the end when they finished and as Bono was walking away he looked back and you could see him mouth..."Wow"...and he took a look around out back on to the street and the buildings around. That was so cool!

I was a little concerned about the amount of people in the office that the camera panned too. The amount of people squashed against the windows, you'd think they'd break. :lol:

Great job enajh2! I'll definitely download that as well. Thanks!

I got the torrent of the rooftop gig finally downloaded. Wow, is it crystal clear and awesome sounding! Took forever for 400+mb but well worth it.

Great part of the gig was at the end when they finished and as Bono was walking away he looked back and you could see him mouth..."Wow"...and he took a look around out back on to the street and the buildings around. That was so cool!

Is that the one with this title?

2009-02-27 - BBC Rooftop
465.14 MB

I'm downloading that one now and I hope it's the one you mentioned. I'm so confused by all these different downloads!

^Yes...it sure is! It's the best copy out there so far and I don't think it's going to get better cause it's right off digital tv. How much time do you have left?

Wicked! You will love it. Remember to check out the 'wow' he does at the end of the gig when they're leaving the balcony. :wink:

Awesome! It's finished now so I will watch it when I get home from work tonight! :hyper: and I do remember seeing him do that when I watched the live link on line this morning. Can't wait to see this!!

Just got back from the show :drool::drool: (well, no, in fact, I went for a few pints with friends first :D)

That was awesome, glad everyone was able to enjoy online too :hyper:

I was right under the balcony, couldn't see all that well of course because it was quite high, but Bono was coming over the rail all the time so it was all good. In fact I kept been scared shit he was going to fall over onto us! The sound was ok given the circumstances, they had put speakers all over the building, including subroofers on the sidewalk :up::up: During Boots the sound was not that great (guitar was way too low) but it got progressively better.

During Boots and Magnificient the crowd was not super excited--most people didn't seem to know the songs very well, obviously, but people got really into it during Vertigo and BD, despite being a bit far away from the band. Bono was really doing all he could to reach out to us :cute::hyper: Vertigo so kicks ass live, it's a real crowd pleaser, and was perfect for the setting.

About 8 friends of mine showed up after I sent an email around, ranging from one who is a huge fan but had never seen them live, to another who had heard of them but had no particular interest and just followed the group, and everyone in between casual/general public who like the big hits types. Everyone was completely thrilled afterwards, all asking me when is the record coming out and they will all buy it, and even wanting to make plans about seeing them live in Europe this summer! So well done on the promo there boys :up:

This was such a tease from a proper show though! Now I officially cannot wait for the tour :drool: :hyper:

I just watched the video, great story and great experience for you!!!

even jonathan ross took the piss out of coldplay - made a few remarks about them

"we are all coldplay fans are'nt we" with a hint of sarcasm

I still can not believe how consistently amazing Bono's voice is these days!! And that is just watching from Youtube. Haven't downloaded anything yet.

You know, I just watched U2 playing up on the roof....and it really was amazing. I gave them some crap last night for playing Beautiful Day, but this time it was amazing... a really powerful emotional performance for me!!!!

The most promising comment was that they arent going anywear soon...they dont seem ready for retirement yet :)

Back
Top Bottom