U2 at the BBC (Radio 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there any way to listen to the interview they did before the performance, or whatever they did before it. (i can't watch anything that the BBC player says is not in my area)

Don't mean to seem ignorant but is there a way to watch the .flv files on anything but an iPod or iTunes (if that's possible)? DO they need to be converted in some way?

Thanks! I'm glad to entertain. I'd just rather ask here from folks (I somewhat -ha ha "trust" - for the most part) than surf google for a somewhat dangerous link that might waste my time. But I do appreciate the response. I'll stick with You Tube, the quality is decent. I saw iPlayer and assumed it was an iPod related file (you can tell, I don't have a video iPod). Regardless, as sad as it may be, I like to rely on the old standards - Windows Media and Real Player.

I kept waiting for Bono to lean too far over the railing and take a dive. I hate heights.

The performances I thought were really great tho. Magnificent live is excellent. And Boots sounded better too, Bono didnt sound like he was chasing the song this time. Good stuff.

It up in excellent quality on u2torrents btw, probably already mentioned but I didnt read back in this thread. Sounds great.

I kept waiting for Bono to lean too far over the railing and take a dive. I hate heights.

:lol: Ditto. When I was in 8th grade we went to the top of the Empire State Building and curled up into a ball at the top when I looked over the edge. :reject: Heights are NOT my thing

If anybody really wants top quality then definitely download the torrent at U2Torrents. This is a keeper performance forever.

B man was really freaking me out with that railing and especially with their slippery music sheets lying all over the place. They should have had him on a safety wire:lol:

If anybody really wants top quality then definitely download the torrent at U2Torrents. This is a keeper performance forever.

B man was really freaking me out with that railing and especially with their slippery music sheets lying all over the place. They should have had him on a safety wire:lol:

I am so confused...what performance are you talking about?

They did a rooftop performance at the BBC in London

Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Vertigo
Beautiful Day

The only annoying part was the nerdy guy that introduced the band.

The band themselves were in top form though.

They did a rooftop performance at the BBC in London

Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Vertigo
Beautiful Day

The only annoying part was the nerdy guy that introduced the band.

The band themselves were in top form though.

:hmm:

ok yeah ...umm...I just listened to Beautiful Day and Vertigo and Bono sounds pretty weak...the rest of the band sounds good but I'm a little disappointed in Bono's performance.....this is the first time during this promo tour where I don't think Bono sounds that great :shrug:

EDIT: wow, just listened to Magnificent...Bono sounds surprisingly weak during that performance too...I think the coldness was getting to him..or I don't know...he just doesn't sound that great during this gig...I'm surprised some of you think they're in "top form"

Downloaded the torrent just now,:drool: i watch the livefeed yesterday and the pic was not as good but the torrent is WOW:up::wink: Fantastic preformance and i love these guys!!!:heart:

ok yeah ...umm...I just listened to Beautiful Day and Vertigo and Bono sounds pretty weak...the rest of the band sounds good but I'm a little disappointed in Bono's performance.....this is the first time during this promo tour where I don't think Bono sounds that great :shrug:

EDIT: wow, just listened to Magnificent...Bono sounds surprisingly weak during that performance too...I think the coldness was getting to him..or I don't know...he just doesn't sound that great during this gig...I'm surprised some of you think they're in "top form"

Wow, Rob, I think you're judging a little harshly...Bono sounds about as good as he gets these days...:yes:

Magnificent is miles better than the version from the BBC radio sessions...I think...:up:

The whole day at the BBC was great, the band were in fine form throughout, sparring with interviewers, talking with fans and giving some astonishing performances, I can't believe how tight they sound already.

The impromptu concert capped it all off though, great to see so many people so enthusiastic about the band, I especially enjoyed that moment during BD where we panned to see those people in the opposite building pressed up against the window and waving hyperactively. The UK get's alot of heat about anti-U2 feeling but last night proved that there's plenty of affection for them here.

I though Bono sounded great, no raspyness or scratchiness, confident, controlled and plenty of flexibility. He really seemed to lap up the crowds excitment too.

Oh and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who squirmed every time Bono leaned over the railing. :ohmy:

The BBC and Bono have come in for a lot of stick over the Cmart wanker stuff in the British press today.

Wow, Rob, I think you're judging a little harshly...Bono sounds about as good as he gets these days...:yes:

Magnificent is miles better than the version from the BBC radio sessions...I think...:up:

"as good as he gets these days" ? that has a negative connotation...Bman can get pretty fuckin incredible these days..I just didn't see it this time...he sounded a bit thin and weak....but I haven't slept in more than 35 hours so maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood...I'm pretty sure his voice will be in great shape by the time the tour comes :)

The BBC and Bono have come in for a lot of stick over the Cmart wanker stuff in the British press today.

Thats because everyone is still in 'outrage' mode in the wake of the Ross/Brand affair. Personally I think its absolutely pathetic but there we go, people seem to be searching for anything to complain to the BBC about. What are they saying specifically??

I thought 'good on Bono' for saying it - my housemate who heard it (and who dislikes Chris Martin and Bono equally) said he had a bit more respect for Bono now! :wink:

oh wowwww, that comment made my fuckin night..holy shit I replayed it like 10 times and laughed every single time...I love the way Bono said it too. Everything about it was perfect...thank you Bono, thank you :up:

I'm pretty sure its in the first Jo Whiley interview Bonocomet, I seem to remember her apologising for it immediately afterwards. Just audio I think. :wave:

^ Only if you are in the UK unfortunately :(

Is there a download available of the video of the Jo Whiley interview & performance? I don't see it yet at u2 torrents.

Back
Top Bottom