Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important question of all time was asked to Bono during the Q&A, and he responded by reciting a few of the legendary lines.

Q. Will U2 every play Acrobat live?

Haha thanks ;) I figured it would make a pretty good question :wink:

Poor Bono, he was realy off on the Germany performence... But I realy like the the way he sang Cedarwood Road, might be realy good if his voice is in good shape :)

So it's pretty much confirmed from the Nugent interview that SOE will be out during the tour. Edge says within 2 years. I guess Spring 2016 before Summer stadium tour.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That Germany performance... unfortunately the same kind of show we are witnessing on this promo tour. Acoustic, stripped down versions. I miss some magic of U2 songs. I think releasing Bonus disc was nice. But I don´t know why they feel the need to proove themselves that their songs are good enough without their sonic congeniality. I´m afraid it won´t be only the promo, but on tour it will go on...:doh:

BTW.: Does anybody find the drumming to Song for someone weird? Ghosts of Wild horses drum struggle? :hmm:

That Germany performance... unfortunately the same kind of show we are witnessing on this promo tour. Acoustic, stripped down versions. I miss some magic of U2 songs. I think releasing Bonus disc was nice. But I don´t know why they feel the need to proove themselves that their songs are good enough without their sonic congeniality. I´m afraid it won´t be only the promo, but on tour it will go on...:doh:

BTW.: Does anybody find the drumming to Song for someone weird? Ghosts of Wild horses drum struggle? :hmm:

So you keep telling us

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

So it's pretty much confirmed from the Nugent interview that SOE will be out during the tour. Edge says within 2 years. I guess Spring 2016 before Summer stadium tour.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Two years?! :hmm:
Fans could have a heart-attack waiting for a new U2 álbum.
Those guys are teasing their fans on purpose!

I thought the performance in Germany was great. It was a very unusual setting for U2 to perform and they were clearly nervous. Obviously they (Bono especially) struggled with Miracle the first time and started SFS a second time, but EBW was beautiful and Stuck was also very nice. Cedarwood should be performed full band. This performance was, as the band said themselves, not about the idea of perfection, but about presenting these songs in an intimate environment. I know people who were lucky enough to be at the gig and they were blown away. I would have LOVED to be there, it's extraordinary to see U2 that close, imperfect, struggling and all.

The Q & A was also quite funny and interesting. I wouldn't mind having more performances like these and/or small club gigs before they start the tour.

I thought the performance in Germany was great. It was a very unusual setting for U2 to perform and they were clearly nervous. Obviously they (Bono especially) struggled with Miracle the first time and started SFS a second time, but EBW was beautiful and Stuck was also very nice. Cedarwood should be performed full band. This performance was, as the band said themselves, not about the idea of perfection, but about presenting these songs in an intimate environment. I know people who were lucky enough to be at the gig and they were blown away. I would have LOVED to be there, it's extraordinary to see U2 that close, imperfect, struggling and all.

The Q & A was also quite funny and interesting. I wouldn't mind having more performances like these and/or small club gigs before they start the tour.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of U2 acoustic but that was probably the best I've heard. I liked the host of the show and Bono was being particuarly funny.

Thats the opinion of people on here, who watch all of the promo's.

99.9% of Germany would disagree because they havent watched the graham norton show or any of the other promo's.Their not going to mix up tv promos becasue theve done the same in another country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom