U2 and Dave Grohl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I remember reading about U2 meeting Dave Grohl in the Zoo Tv era and that it wasn't such a great meeting cause Dave took Zoo TV for what it wasn't (I guess he didn't get it) and then made some false comments about Bono and the band or something. So I was wondering if the band ever srossed paths with him again since he's been on the Foo Fighters and if there are any pictures of Dave and Bono or Dave and the band.

I read recently (this also during the ZooTV period) that Bono said Grohl, in reference to Nirvana, "is obviously not the brains of the operation,"

I'm reading U2 at the End of the World right now and just yesterday read the part with Dave Grohl. The story was he attended ZooTV in New York to watch the Pixies. He made remarks about how Nirvana was a punk band and would NEVER play big venues like that. Bono just told him never say never. A year later they were playing arenas. :lol:

Nirvana was a punk band? :hmm:

Listen to "Bleach" by Nirvana. They were inspired by punk. Deep down they wanted to be 'punk'. Or at least at times.

...but "Nevermind" made them sound (per Cobain) like Cheap Trick meets Pixies. And he didn't mind that too much; he loved both bands.

Listen to "In Utero" and you see he went back for more of a "bleach"... maybe not punk sounds but certainly more dissonant.

Dave Grohl is the nicest man in rock, how could they possibly not get on?

Dave Grohl is the nicest man in rock, how could they possibly not get on?

My thoughts exactly. I saw the foo fighters open for the police in '07. But I know Taylor is the police fan in the band. There must not be a U2 fan among them

Wow thats a Major bump! But since I love both bands I approve. Hate that they don't really get along. But its their own fault.

To be fair I don't even remember coming up with this thread anymore. Damn!

Nice video bigbang. I guess Dave has matured and is not that same character from the End of The Word book. There are still no pics of them together though. I get the feeling Bono probably doesn't like him.

Well, and Dave has right to be a bit grumpy at him for Bono saying that he obviously wasn't the brains of Nirvana. :giggle:
I have no idea what is between those two.
But I agree, Dave seems like a very awesome guy.

My thoughts exactly. I saw the foo fighters open for the police in '07. But I know Taylor is the police fan in the band. There must not be a U2 fan among them

I love the 2 year old bump!

Just wanted to relive that concert for a second. I just got my Foo Fighters pics back from the concert last month. I have nothing really to contribute to the conversation, except that I would love to see a pic of Larry and Taylor together, or Bono and Dave... or any member of U2 with any member of Foo. That would be a winner in my book.

I'm not going to assume that either of them is holding some 20-year old grudge over a comment or two.

Just because there's no pictures of them together doesn't mean .... well, anything.

^Wasn't that Jack White?

And I do think your right Grace

Back
Top Bottom