Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regarding the audio on ZooTV Sydney, from www.u2wanderer.org:

This concert video is 118 minutes in length, and marked the first time U2 had released a full show on video since 1983's Under a Blood Red Sky. The video was filmed in Sydney Australia on the fall leg of 1993's Zoo TV tour. They had filmed two nights in Sydney, one a warm up night, became problematic when Adam Clayton did not show up to perform. Instead his tech, Stuart Morgan played bass that night.
The second night was filmed again, this time with Adam Clayton performing, and it was an amazing concert. One song performed that night is not included in the video release. "Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World" did not make the video for some reason. There are other changes evident when one listens to a concert bootleg of this show, including a shortened speech by Bono in the official concert release.
(Of course, we all know why TTTYAATW was cut - the girl pulled onstage to swig champagne with yer man was a minor. Oops!)

I've been trying to find film of the full speech for ages - the text of it is in U2ATEOTW, but I haven't been able to find a video!

They have yet to do a DVD from LA though!:hyper: If it's from the Rose Bowl that would be pretty cool (for those of us who will be there).

The Rose Bowl would be problematic for taping because of the Rose Bowl's design (a large single bowl with no cantilevered tiers), and more so because the Rose Bowl only has a single night (most U2 concert recordings take place in venues with multiple shows).

I'm guessing that, like ZOO TV, the filmed concert will be one of the shows from the second year of the tour.

My memory of it is that they were shooting for a TV special for xmas, and a few songs were broadcast in various countries on xmas day (Elevation, BD, OOC, SBS, AOH, Pride, One), and petitions circulated for them to release it all, and the band were hasseled about it, so they did

Yeah, that is the rumor that was put out there. They planned to broadcast it at a minimum and I think the intention was to release it at some point from the get go it it turned out well. Even a broadcast is sort of a release IMO. They have basically the same extra cameras they would for a DVD shoot that they would for broadcast. I honestly don't think the petition was any kind of major factor in it being released though.

Slane is the superior DVD and the one I go back to in my collection frequently.

Having said that, y'all do realize that it contains performances from two shows, right? It's just wayyyyy less noticeable than other DVDs.

Having said that, y'all do realize that it contains performances from two shows, right? It's just wayyyyy less noticeable than other DVDs.

Certainly footage from both nights. At least the audio seems exclusively from night 2 and as you mentioned, the editing is much better to make it less obvious

Same, i watch slane and boston on a regular basics, unlike the milan or chicago dvd. It was actually the slane dvd that made me love the band ever since, it turned me from a casual to a hardcore. Thats why i hope they release something in the category of slane. The last few dvds for me just dont have that intimate glued feeling to them, if thats down to awful editing/shooting or the band just not getting the right show on dvd i really dont know!

With closeups they could get away with filming in different venues, they certainly had different venues on U23D.

With closeups they could get away with filming in different venues, they certainly had different venues on U23D.

Not if they print on the back cover of the DVD it was filmed on 2 locations. If they do film on 2 locations, and dont print it on the back and try and hide it with close-ups, then well thats just sad!

When I'm watching a concert dvd I'm not looking at the details to see where that song was shot and where they change to another venue.:shrug:

I would expect the filming to be the rose bowl so they can exclaim they have more people then then pope obama and led zepplin in the house!!!!!! Or maybe it will be Las Vegas or Norman. Norman the stage will be in center of field. full 360 look if they allow people in GA on both sides. Just wonder who will see their back all night....:applaud:

If they have to shoot a US date... Rose Bowl.
25th right? All the time to rehearse and fly-in Corbijn to tape it. :drool:
Or that Alex Martin, no HH please.
Why Rose Bowl? Anyone seen 101?!

I don't think they will shoot a dvd on this leg. Willie Williams made that comment in his diary about an upcoming shoot, but it was rumored that on October 8th the band shot something in NYC. Atu2 twittered that before the Atlanta concert.

Got this from the Atlanta setlist party which was on 10/9. Willies diary entry talking about a shoot was from the day they were on SNL 9/26.

atu2 U2 apparently did some kind of video or photo shoot this morning in NYC. Trying to get more details...

Got this from the Atlanta setlist party which was on 10/9. Willies diary entry talking about a shoot was from the day they were on SNL 9/26.

atu2 U2 apparently did some kind of video or photo shoot this morning in NYC. Trying to get more details...

Every Breaking Wave video????111 :wink:

4th single. Can you say live 360 video ?

don't think it would be a 4th single. it's starting to appear that a 4th single won't happen, which may be a blessing in disguise if it means that Every Breaking Wave (SOA) may be completed earlier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom