Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think people want them to wait for the next album to come out before they release a new concert DVD because songs like With Or Without You, Sunday Bloody Sunday, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Beautiful Day, Elevation, Still Haven't Found..., One, etc have been released on multiple concert DVDs over the years.

Songs from NLOTH and SOA plus Your Blue Room, Electrical Storm, Ultraviolet, and UF (though it finally made its way to DVD on the Joshua Tree Paris Show DVD) would be great for a DVD.

No way WOWY, SBS, COBL, Vertigo, BD, etc are bumped in 2010 and YBR and ES survive. I don't think we'll be seeing either of those except (hopefully) as bonus tracks.

#
Also, BBC filmed Wembley?? Might we be getting some sort of broadcast?

Wouldn't surprise me if something surfaces around Christmas/New Year time. I think it was just audio recorded - so maybe a radio special. Could also fit in nicely with selling tickets for any gigs in the UK in 2010?

You’d know if they were taping for a DVD or broadcast. The extra set up would be obvious – big, swooping cranes over the crowd etc.

I like the idea of The Cure's "Festival" DVD. Although the quality was rubbish on that DVD, the concept of having the best performance of 30 different songs over 9 different concerts was great.

That's what I'd like from the 360 tour: a complilation with all the NLOTH tracks (including both versions of Crazy Tonight), Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room, Until the End of The World, Ultra Violet, Bad, Stay, Stuck, Walk On, Angel of Harlem, Desire, Party Girl. :drool:

All the peple saying they dont want one now, but they do next year, why cant it be both?

I would much prefer both. Vertigo tour we got Chicago, most of Milan and also the 3d movie, Elevation we got Boston, Slane and webcast of Notredame.

I would think given this tour will be bigger than both (2 euro, us legs, possibly SA, Aus,NZ etc) we will def get 2 dvds, one pre SOA, one post. Rose Bowl looks pretty good at this point after Willie's comments

From Willie's Tour Diary on U2.com:

We're fully into the onslaught of extracurricular activities now - Saturday Night Live at the weekend, plus planning for the inevitable broadcast / DVD shoot which his coming up and then there's Gavin Friday's gig at Carnegie Hall which we're all getting involved with. This, plus preparing for the Big New York Shows (actually held in New Jersey) is more than enough to fill every waking hour.

We're fully into the onslaught of extracurricular activities now - Saturday Night Live at the weekend, plus planning for the inevitable broadcast / DVD shoot which his coming up and then there's Gavin Friday's gig at Carnegie Hall which we're all getting involved with. This, plus preparing for the Big New York Shows (actually held in New Jersey) is more than enough to fill every waking hour.

Cool :up:

I saw that, but there are only single shows left in the US? That will be interesting to see what they're planning on doing. They need to decide quick, there's only 3 1/2 weeks left in this leg.

That is a bit interesting... usually they use the first show to rehearse the camera angles and such, as well as get backup footage. That isn't to say they won't rehearse and shoot at two different venues this time around. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

It was just announced where they're filming the DVD!

private party in my back yard.. Bobo came by today! :sad:

If the filming is about to start soon, I would imagine that the setlists for the coming shows are going to get real tight with very few song changes. Also, seeing that Unknown Caller is becoming more absent, this doesn't sit well with the prospect of filming coming soon.

Foxboro 1 was great. Giants Stadium crowds sucked. North America won't get a tour DVD again cause of the sucky crowds and the fact they got the last 3 tour DVDs... Mexico, Boston and Chicago... Maybe Russia?

SMB

i would like an SMS subscription based DVD, sends me a link to a unique URL to enter PIN and download exactly what i want. want to get your feet wet and order song by song? TEXT SONGXSONG to 22222. want the whole thing? TEXT U2LA to 22222. what the whole thing from Europe? TEXT U2ROMA to 22222.

And offer discounts if accessing via BB Store....

How to play the video back? Enter your phone number....

Get it?

I'd like a Rattle and Hum kinda thing where they show songs from different cities and sme backsatge stuff

SMB

Please no!! How about one DVD shoot of a single complete show without mixing angles and songs from several nights?? Thats all they need to do, one cohesive single show without flipping angles every 2 seconds. Just film the concert as is.

Willie's comment is interesting. I have no idea where they would film on the remainder of this tour. Maybe they are just trying to get an idea of what/how they need to film in 2010 while they still have the stage to monkey around with? :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom