Toronto I Setlist Watch and Party, Part II - FIRST PARTY OF THE THIRD LEG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I don't think America perfected American Football...I find it a bit confusing at best really....I'm more into American Baseball at best.

I don't find it confusing but in fact the NFL(USA) game isn't as good as the CFL(Canada) game. Though as a league the NFL mops the floor with the CFL. The game isn't as exciting but the league is way more exciting so that's what i watch. If the NFL played with CFL rules that would be awsome!!

Axver said:

Nah, baseball is cricket's mentally deficient brother.

Top sports:

1. Rugby union
2. Cricket
3. Yachting

Anyone who knows squat about NZ may note a pattern, but I assure you, it's entirely co-incidental. Seriously. Well, maybe not for #3.

If cricket is anything like baseball, if it even resembles baseball in the slightest, it is boring.

Don't you like any normal sports? I'm not even talking about Ameri-centric sports like football and baseball, I'm talking about sports like basketball and soccer and tennis, which are some of the most internationally appreciated sports in existance :wink:

LJT said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....most sports look like pansy games compared to Hurley.

I remember trying to start a school hurling team after seeing that game on TV...

All we ended up with were 15 or so guys with hockey sticks beating the crap out of each other at lunchtime. :lol:

Hallucination said:

I don't find it confusing but in fact the NFL(USA) game isn't as good as the CFL(Canada) game. Though as a league the NFL mops the floor with the CFL. The game isn't as exciting but the league is way more exciting so that's what i watch. If the NFL played with CFL rules that would be awsome!!

True...I do have to agree with you there...and yes...it would be interesting if the Chicago Bears plays agains your CFL team.

Axver said:

Unfortunately, the uneducated have to blast it as 'boring' just because they lack the cultural refinement to enjoy a game that can keep you entertained and on the edge of your seat for five days.

Or it's just boring and people like to sit and watch it because they think it makes them look smart:wink:

My granda only ever watched cricket because he could fall asleep for 4 hours and wake up and find it was still on and nothing much had happened:p

VertigoGal said:
as far as watching them, I'd say top 3 sports are

1. Football (I don't have to use the metric system and I don't have to call it american football either bitches!) ...:wink:
2. Tennis
3. Soccer

America suffers from a number of severe problems:

1. No metric system
2. Poor spelling
3. Shit sports
4. No morning or afternoon tea
5. A total lack of quality confectionery such as Tim Tams, Squiggles, Toffee Pops, Crunchie bars, etc.

The list goes on and on. Bloody hell, you lot can't even adhere to the international standard on PAPER MEASUREMENT. When I say I want an A4 sheet of paper, I don't expect this letter/legal crap.

Hallucination said:

NFL has nothing on College Football

if you watched OSU at Texas you would understand :rockon:

uh oh.
The Jeremy Kyle show has finished.
That show was keeping me awake.

*hopes for Des & Mel or something equally crap*

WOOOHOOO! the 3rd leg is nearly on its way!! howdy everyone!
I missed you all during the summer :)

Axver said:

America suffers from a number of severe problems:

1. No metric system
2. Poor spelling
3. Shit sports
4. No morning or afternoon tea
5. A total lack of quality confectionery such as Tim Tams, Squiggles, Toffee Pops, Crunchie bars, etc.

The list goes on and on. Bloody hell, you lot can't even adhere to the international standard on PAPER MEASUREMENT. When I say I want an A4 sheet of paper, I don't expect this letter/legal crap.

Did I make a spelling error? :madspit:

timothius said:

I remember trying to start a school hurling team after seeing that game on TV...

All we ended up with were 15 or so guys with hockey sticks beating the crap out of each other at lunchtime. :lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :lmao: :lmao:

oh that must of been some sight to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timothius said:

Sounds pretty much like hurley then:wink:

A neighbour on my gran's street got killed by someone smacking the slither(the hurley ball) it smashed the guys skull.:huh:

Axver said:

Americans perfected it ... if by 'perfected' you mean created the shittiest, pansiest sport on earth, totally bastardising rugby.

Actually, no, it's not the worst sport on earth. I believe I ranked it fourth on my last list of Five Worst 'Sports' Ever.

I'd like to see you say that to this guy :wink:
ray.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom