TICKET DROPS thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that rows 1 through 10 in Loge 12, 13, 1 and 22 are the only seats even worth contemplating spending $300 on....what do you think?

beershack, you just made my day!

Silly question: was this a particular box office or will call? The Garden is a maze to me, was it on the West Side or East Side? (insert Cedarwood Road North/Southside reference here ;-)

Will Call is right near the elevators where you come up from the garage. Next to pro gift shop. Or it was for the past 20 years maybe they updated it.

Will Call is right near the elevators where you come up from the garage. Next to pro gift shop. Or it was for the past 20 years maybe they updated it.

Yeah, that's where I remember it from the Elevation Tour... but I know the "new Garden" has had some renovations.

I'll find it... I'll be there from 4pm on looking for GAs (that's when Ride's free premier parking lot opens :)

Maybe I'll get lucky and catch the band driving in (although they usually come in earlier than 4pm, right?)

I'm thinking that rows 1 through 10 in Loge 12, 13, 1 and 22 are the only seats even worth contemplating spending $300 on....what do you think?

I went for loge 14 row 10. Had the same criteria as you and this is borderline but couldn't resist

Yeah, that's where I remember it from the Elevation Tour... but I know the "new Garden" has had some renovations.

I'll find it... I'll be there from 4pm on looking for GAs (that's when Ride's free premier parking lot opens :)

Maybe I'll get lucky and catch the band driving in (although they usually come in earlier than 4pm, right?)

Box office is in the same place its always been. The concourse has been renovated, but the box office location has never moved. West side of the concourse, past the pro shop (which is currently a U2 merch stand).

Box office is in the same place its always been. The concourse has been renovated, but the box office location has never moved. West side of the concourse, past the pro shop (which is currently a U2 merch stand).

Cheers, mate!
Thanks everyone... I'll keep you all posted with what I find tonight (to hopefully help those who need tues/wed GAs)

Don't mean to scream but I need your advice - do you think the gamble of getting pretty decent face value tickets on arrival is worth driving 4 hours to Boston? Quick poll please!

only if you're willing to stay for 3 and 4 Boston shows if you don't get tickets

#$%^ Boston Commuter rail sucks too - shuts down before midnight? Runs every 2 hours? How unreliable. I have to spend the night at a train station if I don't want to drive all the way in and pay crazy parking fees? With Metro North I could pay $5 for parking in the burbs and get on a train that runs every half hour into and out of - until 2AM.

Last edited:
Don't mean to scream but I need your advice - do you think the gamble of getting pretty decent face value tickets on arrival is worth driving 4 hours to Boston? Quick poll please!

This is the toughest ticket of the 4 nights, because of course its saturday, so you have to factor that in. I'd say odds are decent you find something, but its a risk.

beershack, you just made my day!

Silly question: was this a particular box office or will call? The Garden is a maze to me, was it on the West Side or East Side? (insert Cedarwood Road North/Southside reference here ;-)

it was near the Red Zone entrance the sales/will call windows were right next to each other

If I thought that was a good gamble I'd be getting ready to drive to Boston from upstate NY.

How close did you get not waiting in the GA line?

2nd row B stage - went to a bar after getting tickets and strolled into show at 8:15

xA8qxKo.jpg

11041437_10204954980054011_4163539831346133512_n.jpg
[/IMG]

11694893_10204953552058312_5688642916689526679_n.jpg

Last edited:
Where is the best place to park in Boston if you want cheap, inside 495, then taking subway to TD Garden?

If you are OK with driving all the way into the Garden then there are 4 or 5 low cost parking places. All within a 10 minute walk to the Garden. You can look them up on the internet for address and directions.

Boston Museum Of Science - $8.50 after 5pm
100 Cambridge Street Garage - I think it is $12 all day on weekends.

And here is my favorite two places in order of preference in case one is full. These are actually in Charlestown but it is only about 10 minutes to walk.

Nautica Garage - $8 after 5pm. If you go in before 5pm you will need to show an event ticket to get the $8 rate.

One Constituion Center - $11 with an event ticket.

If you want to take the subway then park at the Sullivan Square subway stop. It is on the orange line and a couple of stops to the Garden.

Last edited:
Those sound good -- I've only parked inside TD Garden... probably what $40 bucks now right? Back in the day, we used to park on the street for old Boston Garden, but many of those places vanished with new facility.

Are those places above still valid on Event days like U2? usually parking in such high demand places raise prices, etc.

But there are parking lots everywhere of course.

You just take Chinatown Bus from NYC to Chinatown Boston. I never have but my friend loved them.

Ideally I go to one of both.

I could drive away right now if I felt confident about nailing down a face value GA or one better Loge seats....either while on the road or when I got there.

Last edited:
If you want to take the subway then park at the Sullivan Square subway stop. It is on the orange line and a couple of stops to the Garden.

What about near Boston College or Boston University? Can stop the driving as soon as I get within reach by public transportation.

Last edited:
Loge 2 Row 7 in my shopping cart? Am I risking everything wanting one section over closer to stage?

And will this be sent to my email for printing?

Last edited:
Yes, PDF tickets you must print ahead of time to all shows, all the time. It's not just stub hub. Do venues actually let you scan on your phone now? I"m sure they do for some events, but not for big events like U2 shows. Probably for a hockey game.

And old school way of the creepy white guy with a mustache outside the TD Garden saying "Looking for 2" which means they are selling tickets. At 37, I never actually bought tickets that way. You think it would have happened....

For LA5 I bought a ticket off of StubHub while in line at the box office. I was able to get in without a print out, they scanned directly on the phone.

craigslist still good source to meet real fans selling tix at last minute...

It's a risk, but I have had good luck with it before.

I thought I read that at a certain time Ticketmaster gets shut down and you can only get any tickets that come available at the box office at that point.

Damn, how risky is it to do the drive from the burbs of NY empty handed?

Yes. Ticket master shuts the online sales off usually by 6. Then any tix must be bought at the box office. Another tidbit is resale tickets can go back to the box office, but they may not get there until after show time.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

That moment when you see a notification on the TM app and get excited but they really are just trying to get you to see Def Leppard.:angry:

If I can't go tonight maybe I'll get stupid and go to the MSG box office every day after work and go to every show I can get GA's for...after I do one Loge.

Print tickets before you get there. On the Boston venue's site it states they have no way to scan from the phone or device. Must be printed.
Unless it's a cc entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom