This made me cry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a brilliant quote :) and thanks for that, and everybodys responses, I needed to know that people who think like that are in the minority. Thinking about it now I'm quite surprised it made me cry :hmm: I try to take a step back when people say stuff that I feel strongly about, and I guess that hit a nerve.

Total U2 Nut said:
Thanks for replying, I was just gobsmacked that someone could genuinely feel like that (naive, I know) - and it pisses me off to no end when people jump on the "omgz bone-o teh hypocrite, why doesn't he give all his money to africa is he cares so much" bandwagon. :shrug: I try to explain but it gets tiresome, especially when all you have to do is mention him and people immeadiately go "what a cunt!" :|

But, really, why doesnt he give half of his money at least? Why? i would give that, with great fulfillment. Truth is the he flew to the other part of the world once for a fogotten hat and gave who knows how much money for that. All that you left behind tour, remeber?

girlhappy said:

But, really, why doesnt he give half of his money at least? Why? i would give that, with great fulfillment. Truth is the he flew to the other part of the world once for a fogotten hat and gave who knows how much money for that. All that you left behind tour, remeber?

you mean elevation tour?

I heard about the hat story, but I don't think it made any difference to what Bono is doing now.

I think he clearly knew that only working on his own could not make much difference, and the only solution is that people have to work together. I don't know why people care so much how much other people donate?

You know, when America declared war to Nazi in the WWII, the president didn't join the battle and shot any enemy down, but he still a hero of changing the human history for making a brave decision.

girlhappy said:

Maybe he does. Who knows. But, if he starts telling people how much he donates then they will start bitching about him even more. He can't win. I really don't think it's anyone's business who donates what to their organizations.

girlhappy said:

didn't he recently fly coach class because flights got messed up or something?

we're full of contradictions i suppose :shrug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom