Things I love: Part XVII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's just something about the depressing shit that I find very cathartic.

Never seen Control... :hmm:
Or listened to Iggy Pop (where would you recommend one start?) :reject:

Control's a movie about Joy Division, but really about Ian Curtis' shitty life. If you know anything about Ian, you know it's got to be a depressing movie. Anton Corbijn filmed it, so it's gorgeous black and white, and plus all the Joy Division songs and how creepily well Sam Riley plays Ian Curtis, it's kind of an addicting movie for me.

Here's the trailer:

Official Control Trailer [Anton Corbijn] - YouTube

As for Iggy. I like his work with the Stooges the best. Their album of the painfully redundant title 'The Stooges' is good. So's 'Raw Power.'

Currently, I love being inspired...even when it means procrastinating on schoolwork to get an idea across properly, it's really quite satisfying to be able to do some writing again.

I love overheating my engine (the arrow was about 1.5, 2cms past the red H on the temperature gauge) and breaking down in one of the busiest intersections in Werribee. Never a dull moment in a VS commodore :up:

I love Control too :love: Like others said, it's a bloody depressing movie, but it's also got a surprising amount of dry humour, especially in the first half. And it's so gorgeously made.

This. There are so many random hilarious bits.

I love feeling rested even though I got to sleep late again. :heart: Now it'll be easier to get work done.

David Bowie toured with Iggy Pop and produced "Lust For Life" and "The Idiot" (albums). Both are quite good.

You will learn that it was Iggy that first recorded "China Girl". (I like Iggy's version better than Bowie's)

I love the prospect of new music coming out this fall (Florence and the Machine in November, COldplay in October...)

And the AB remaster! :) there's stuff there I'm sure we haven't heard yet.

I'm sure I've mentioned this, but I fucking love Baltimore radio. It improves my shitty long-classes days...(my classes are 6 hours)

I love that the Autistic boy I had in my program last year came to visit me today. He was so excited to see me, and gave me a big hug. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing you have made a difference in the life of a child, and I know I made a diference in his!:heart:

I love that the Autistic boy I had in my program last year came to visit me today. He was so excited to see me, and gave me a big hug. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing you have made a difference in the life of a child, and I know I made a diference in his!:heart:

Aww :cute: That's great

The fact that he feels confident enough to hug you shows how much you mean to him. :) You're awesome.

And I love it when a night out with mates from uni goes well. :drunk: Though the morning after in class? Not so much like that.

This actually somewhat warmed the shattered remains of my cold, black heart :cute:

EDIT: I like argyle :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom