Things I Hate, Spring Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It really rubs me wrong way when people at work say, "would you like to do this" instead of "can you do this", when they want something from me. It's like pretending that whatever I end up doing benefits me somehow, instead of them.

Saracene said:
It really rubs me wrong way when people at work say, "would you like to do this" instead of "can you do this", when they want something from me. It's like pretending that whatever I end up doing benefits me somehow, instead of them.

YESS. Or when I ask my boss, "Can I go to the bathroom?" and he goes, "I don't know. CAN you?"

-_-

Stop sending me private messages! I'm not into you and I never wanted you to, or asked you to defend me to other people. You're a nice person, but I'm not into you that way, you have a family, concentrate on them! I made myself clear last summer and numerous time since then. Stop it!

someone on my fb has her relationship status listed as married, and has had it like this for a year or so. her last name has been changed to his as well. yet...she's only getting married now? for anyone thinking perhaps they eloped and they're having a public ceremony now, i guess not, as she called him her fiancé in a status yesterday.

wtf. that's up there with another friend who regularly switches between using her maiden name and married name (i should mention she divorced this guy like...seven years ago) on facebook. it's honestly a coin toss on any given day as to which last name she'll have displayed.

i miss the days when facebook actually approved name changes. when i changed my name on there it told me my name change would have to be approved, yet it showed up instantly. uh okay :lol:

Stop sending me private messages! I'm not into you and I never wanted you to, or asked you to defend me to other people. You're a nice person, but I'm not into you that way, you have a family, concentrate on them! I made myself clear last summer and numerous time since then. Stop it!

:sad: But Steve, I love you. My life won't be complete without you. I need you!!!!!!

:sexywink:

KhanadaRhodes said:
someone on my fb has her relationship status listed as married, and has had it like this for a year or so. her last name has been changed to his as well. yet...she's only getting married now? for anyone thinking perhaps they eloped and they're having a public ceremony now, i guess not, as she called him her fiancé in a status yesterday.

wtf. that's up there with another friend who regularly switches between using her maiden name and married name (i should mention she divorced this guy like...seven years ago) on facebook. it's honestly a coin toss on any given day as to which last name she'll have displayed.

i miss the days when facebook actually approved name changes. when i changed my name on there it told me my name change would have to be approved, yet it showed up instantly. uh okay :lol:

I thought there was a limit to how many times you could change your name? Maybe they got rid of it.

The idea that women have to be the sole caretakers for kids, in a two-person relationship. It's fucked up.

Sure, ladies can breastfeed them (when the public lets them) and stuff like that when they're little, that's necessary. But after the point where babies are dependant on bodily fluids, moms and dads should be able to sort of switch off if they need to.

Some of my older friends, you know, out of college and stuff for a while, have jobs and/or children and are given massive shit for not choosing one or the other. The men? Pfft no. Of course not. That'd be too much responsibility.

Thanks

Found out even more bad news today...my daughter's friend who was "cancer-free" is back in the hospital because it returned (they never offically said she was in remission, but everyone was so hopeful). My heart is just breaking for these families right now. I've lost count of how many people I know who have been affected by cancer. Enough already!!!!!

Ugh, that blows even more.

My sister had a lump removed from her breast today. We know it's not very likely to be cancer, but still... it worries me. She'll get the results in 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear that news, U2Mama :( :hug:

Hope your sister is ok GG. That's gonna be a long two weeks. :hug:

I hate something that is going in at work and no one is talking. It involves a very sweet girl, and I'm very sad that she is probably history. :(

Finding out that a childhood friend lost her battle with breast cancer :sad:

Thanks

Found out even more bad news today...my daughter's friend who was "cancer-free" is back in the hospital because it returned (they never offically said she was in remission, but everyone was so hopeful). My heart is just breaking for these families right now. I've lost count of how many people I know who have been affected by cancer. Enough already!!!!!

:hug: I'm sorry

Ugh, that blows even more.

My sister had a lump removed from her breast today. We know it's not very likely to be cancer, but still... it worries me. She'll get the results in 2 weeks.

GG, thoughts and prayers and fingers and toes crossed for your sis :hug:

I hate something that is going in at work and no one is talking. It involves a very sweet girl, and I'm very sad that she is probably history. :(

ah big fat boooooooooooo to officey type politiks :down:

< this work-a-day week has been one gigantic hatful of arse :grumpy:

Got the biopsy results from the two moles that were removed a couple of weeks ago. The one on my right forearm has pre-cancerous cells in it, so I have an appointment to have liquid nitrogen applied to freeze the area. The one on my right calf, however, is cancerous, so I have an appointment in two weeks to remove a chunk of my calf to hopefully get the rest of it. The same guy that took the chunk from my right shoulder three years ago to get rid of melanoma will be doing the surgery, so that is good. At least this one will be where I can bandage it myself, and hopefully will be healed up before I go to the beach and Disney World in October. :yikes:

Guess I'm paying now for all of the lying out in the sun I did when I was young.

Got the biopsy results from the two moles that were removed a couple of weeks ago. The one on my right forearm has pre-cancerous cells in it, so I have an appointment to have liquid nitrogen applied to freeze the area. The one on my right calf, however, is cancerous, so I have an appointment in two weeks to remove a chunk of my calf to hopefully get the rest of it. The same guy that took the chunk from my right shoulder three years ago to get rid of melanoma will be doing the surgery, so that is good. At least this one will be where I can bandage it myself, and hopefully will be healed up before I go to the beach and Disney World in October. :yikes:

Guess I'm paying now for all of the lying out in the sun I did when I was young.

This sounds scary! I'll be prayin for ya!

Thanks, Romi--that means a lot to me. I must admit, this really took the wind out of my sails. It was just a little spot about the size of a pencil eraser, but who knows?

Sorry to hear that MsPurrl :hug:

I hope for the best for you and your recovery. I regret all the time I spent in the sun too, and I avoid it as much as possible now.

I hate dealing with passive aggressive bs, games, assumptions, and lack of communication. It just gets so damn tiresome.

At least I found my sunglasses :hyper: They were in with my dirty laundry. Not in a pocket, just in with it. Yes I have my shit together :up:

:hug::hug:I hope it all goes well!

My hate....I have to go to a funeral tomorrow for the Dad of one of my daughter's bff's. Her mom died less than 2 years ago from breast cancer. The dad decided to not take care of his own issues and killed himself over the weekend. This poor child and her brother have been through so much...I just don't know if they are ever going to be ok. :sad:

I hate mental illness just as much as I hate cancer.

Back
Top Bottom