The What In The Fuck Did They Do To Crazy Tonight thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Crazy remix is amazing live. My only complaint about this song, is the one that follows it, complete buzz kill. You want to keep dancing and then they follow it up with Sunday Bloody Sunday.

discotheque after it? I also think crazy into SBS is prob the worst transition in the new setlist.

I actually want SBS in the setlist (still love to hear it live), just in another spot.

i think the crazy tonight>sbs works from a musical standpoint, not a theme one .lol. going from the keyboard flourish to the drums.

Bring back the original crazy tonight in the US!!!! i second the comments on poor transition after the remix version!

david bowie had a song called "i;m afraid of Americans", and it was a good song but trent renzors remix is better. and bowie has more or less performed it that way since. Sometimes remixes are better. Isn't elevation a example of this? the tomb raider remix is great. This isn't exactly the same thing , but neil diamond had his "red red wine" song covered by ub40 and Neil has now performed it reggae style many times if not ever since.And Neil is pretty far away from the kinda world where their are remixes and stuff like that.

From the 3 concert experiences on this tour, I tend to think that the remix of Crazy is positively received by the audience. Many don't know the song and/or are completely confused at first because they have no idea what is coming up, but once the song starts everyone is into it. I am the first one to admit that the album version does nothing for me - by far the song I listen to the least on the new album. However, the live remix version is awesome. Never thought I would actually enjoy the song!

They took the 2nd worst song they've ever written and made it beyond pathetic. IMO, I do not think they believe in the song that much--how could they change it if it was such highlight of the album? This song is now beyond embarrassing. At least they are not playing SUC.

They took the 2nd worst song they've ever written and made it beyond pathetic. IMO, I do not think they believe in the song that much--how could they change it if it was such highlight of the album? This song is now beyond embarrassing. At least they are not playing SUC.

Hence why quite alot of people are saying how much they enjoy this part of the show, so yes it really must be "pathetic".

I guess i'm going to have to add my name to the list of those who really don't care for the remix version.

Interestingly, when we first heard it in Dublin, my wife said "wow....they're actually playing Discoteque"......then horrified we learned it was actually "Crazy".

I totally understand that people love the remix.....hell, it was clearly obvious from the Dublin shows as it got a HUGE response. But for me, I totally dig the album version. Call it pop-ish, boring, or whatever.....for some reason it has very much a "Walk On" kind of vibe to it.....it resonates that way with me and I really, really was looking forward to hearing it. If I have to pick one "bummed" moment for an immaculate show, this would be it.

I get that U2 wanted to mix it up and put forth a really party atmosphere....I hear that. I'm just hoping that for the N/A leg they re-work it and go towards a more standard interpretation. I think it could be amazing live that way.

I know i'm in the minority here, but that's my .02.

I am sure it is entertaining--but it is cheap, IMO. I am sure the Rose Bowl will be jumping when the Black Eyed Peas are on, but that doesn't mean they don't suck. Also, while I hate Crazy, I was at least lukewarm to the Letterman performance. If they plan on playing this abomination every night, I would much prefer the album version to the Pussycat Dolls treatment.

I guess i'm going to have to add my name to the list of those who really don't care for the remix version.

Interestingly, when we first heard it in Dublin, my wife said "wow....they're actually playing Discoteque"......then horrified we learned it was actually "Crazy".

I totally understand that people love the remix.....hell, it was clearly obvious from the Dublin shows as it got a HUGE response. But for me, I totally dig the album version. Call it pop-ish, boring, or whatever.....for some reason it has very much a "Walk On" kind of vibe to it.....it resonates that way with me and I really, really was looking forward to hearing it. If I have to pick one "bummed" moment for an immaculate show, this would be it.

I get that U2 wanted to mix it up and put forth a really party atmosphere....I hear that. I'm just hoping that for the N/A leg they re-work it and go towards a more standard interpretation. I think it could be amazing live that way.

I know i'm in the minority here, but that's my .02.

I am sure it is entertaining--but it is cheap, IMO. I am sure the Rose Bowl will be jumping when the Black Eyed Peas are on, but that doesn't mean they don't suck. Also, while I hate Crazy, I was at least lukewarm to the Letterman performance. If they plan on playing this abomination every night, I would much prefer the album version to the Pussycat Dolls treatment.

one of these posts is the right way to put your opinion on disliking the remix forward. can anyone guess which one it is?

I thought thats what we went to shows for? to be entertained? now you just said its entertaining but yet you dont like it? :|

I have a feeling that, if U2 move back to arenas next tour, Krazy will be played in its original form a decent bit.

Yea it's so embarassing and pathetic. It's so embarassing and pathetic that people are jumping up and down and dancing to it. It's just really disastrous. :rolleyes:

It's becoming more wacky by the evening- some of Bono's dance moves are quite extrarordinary haha. This remix really divides fans- for those of us who loved the irony and self-deprecation of ZOO TV, PopMart and the K Mart press conference, this is a god send. I just hope they keep playing it because it's sounding great.

I'm not willing to go out on a limb yet and say I like it (I still like the standard version the most), but after listening to it more and more on the boots, well......i'm willing to say it has become more and more "appreciable" with each play ;)

It's becoming more wacky by the evening- some of Bono's dance moves are quite extrarordinary haha. This remix really divides fans- for those of us who loved the irony and self-deprecation of ZOO TV, PopMart and the K Mart press conference, this is a god send. I just hope they keep playing it because it's sounding great.

Never mind Bono's dance moves - The Edge has been giving it loads as well!!

Watching him scissor kick along the catwalk in Dublin 1 was one of the highlights for me. He really loves this song!!:applaud:

This remix really divides fans- for those of us who loved the irony and self-deprecation of ZOO TV, PopMart and the K Mart press conference, this is a god send.

Loved zootv and popmart. saw them both many, many times and rank as some of my very favorite shows. achtung is my favorite album, and pop is third. i absolutely hate this remix. :shrug:

I find the remix sucks badly too. I guess those who never really liked the original now like this. Or if they do and now like this, you are weird!!!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom