The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I can think of. They've been pretty reliable as far as I know, I don't know of any specific models that are better or worse than others. I guess just make sure it comes with a controller and the necessary cables and what not.

Let us know your PSN gamertag when you get it. :up:

Will do. Got an 80 Gig with a few games for $200. Don't expect to see it until at least next weekend though.

Oh and :hyper:

Well, bought a handful of games: God of War III, Brutal Legend, Dynasty Warriors 6, Madden 09 w/ Head Coach, Skate 3...oh and I found a copy of Final Fantasy IX to tide me over until the PS3 actually gets here.

It's from the Okami sequel coming out later this year for the DS.

But I just rented a copy of Okami the other day to kill time until my PS3 got here, and holy shit that is the most beautiful awesome game I've ever played.

I liked Fable 2 more than the first. Nothing groundbreaking or super original, but it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to 3.

I wanted to like Fable 2 but it's the first game ever to actually make me dizzy. Not 100% sure why but I'd play for 10 minutes and would be all "Swwwwwweeeeeeeee" and shit.

I'm playing inFamous at the moment (I like buying platinum games). What's more fun than kicking the Reaper's ass with electro shocks?

I played the demo of Infamous, but couldnt get into it. Everything seemed so generic, especially the enemies.

I can understand that. The missions are also a quite monotonous. But still it's great fun: being a superhero and all.

I wanted to like Fable 2 but it's the first game ever to actually make me dizzy. Not 100% sure why but I'd play for 10 minutes and would be all "Swwwwwweeeeeeeee" and shit.

:).

Fable was one of the many xBox games I wanted to play, but never really got the chance. I'm going to have to buy my own XBox one of these days, because my step-dad just does not understand the meaning of the word "family room".

I got a 360 for Fable 2, and I was pretty disappointed with it. I think I might even give Fable 3 a complete miss just because it looks more of the same.

I played the demo of Infamous, but couldnt get into it. Everything seemed so generic, especially the enemies.

Agreed, except that I got it cheap plat like nielsgov. There's just something about having superhero abilities in games that gets extremely tedious very quickly, and the cityscape felt pretty drab. So yes, I'd take cutting up Locust any day over that. Gears 3 is more or less the reason I've kept my 360.

Anyone played Mafia II yet? I'm a little stunned by the mixed reviews it's getting.

I have Infamous, I've just never played it. I need to work on my back catalog, the list keeps growing.

I really liked Fable 2, but it seemed to not be for everyone (despite the fact that it's one of the best selling games of the last few years). Sure, it's far from revolutionary or mind-blowing, but it's an extremely fun, polished game.

This is possibly one of the coolest trailers for a game I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRfJQMSR4ww&hd=1

Can I get a ZC hug?

No.

20518250220.gif

I've read the Fall of Reach, have always been a deep addict of the Halo games. I can not fucking wait. Unfortunately, no 360.

But you know what I DO have?

A PS3.

Cause it just got here.

And though I had a bit of a scare with the AV cables, thanks to a visit to the Gamespot forums, it's working now.

And now...

I have to go to work :scream:

Oh, and, shock of all shocks, I am bono212.

I'm OkkervilRiver (no space). I'll try to remember to add you next time I'm on. Play much yet?

Anyone been playing Game of 2010, Starcraft II?

I have it, and play with one of my friends once a week or so. He and I played the first a ton when it came out, so it's fun for memories purposes. The campaign seems great, but I haven't touched it since after the first few days it was released.

I'm trying to at least get through a little of my back catalog of games before Reach comes out in two weeks. Played through most of Splinter Cell: Conviction this weekend. It's been a blast, actually. Been ages since I actually enjoyed playing through a Splinter Cell game.

I was just playing Modern Warfare 2 again with two friends and we played with riot shields and C4's in Team Tactical. I've never had so much fun playing that game.

I was just playing Modern Warfare 2 again with two friends and we played with riot shields and C4's in Team Tactical. I've never had so much fun playing that game.

Oh my god isn't it great?? One time we were playing search and destroy on Highrise. Our team sucked and the score was 3-0 so we decided to all switch to riot shields and have some fun. We actually almost won :wink:

I play on PC if anyone else does, my tag is [VT] Jack Bauer. :wave:

I'm trying to at least get through a little of my back catalog of games before Reach comes out in two weeks.

I'm currently grappling with whether or not I even want to get involved in this Reach business. I haven't played H3 at all in the past couple years and really don't care for it much anymore, although I was obsessed with the original and H2. Decisions, decisions.

Anyone been playing Game of 2010, Starcraft II?

Yep, just finished the singleplayer campaign, and I'm now going back through the archives to play all the missions I didn't do. The game's amazingly well done... Can't wait for Heart of the Swarm whenever that comes out (which, knowing Blizzard, could be another 10 years...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom