The U2 Experience on SiriusXM Channel 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think ten minutes of talking to Joe was all they could get out of Larry. Notice he's not talking in any of the little interview snippets they play.

Looking forward to listening to the concert tonight. Mostly over my envy.

Mostly.

Hearing all these songs from Boy, October, and their early days makes me wish they'd do a JT30 type arena tour for them

I think I have heard magnificent 6 times.

Also this version of CHFIL they're playing that seems to be the same vocal take as the triple Peaks mix with some plunder phonics like talking in the background. If someone has a copy of that, could you send it my way?

I did hear 'White As Snow'. That was a unique one.

That Larry interview was pretty cheap...10 minutes???

I think I have heard magnificent 6 times.

Also this version of CHFIL they're playing that seems to be the same vocal take as the triple Peaks mix with some plunder phonics like talking in the background. If someone has a copy of that, could you send it my way?

It took me way too long to figure out that CHFIL is Can't Help Falling in Love.

The Sirius app is asking for login info now, so I guess the free trial has ended. Party's over.

How is it possible that it's almost the end of the month and the only version of Streets I've heard them play is the one with the Soweto Gospel Choir layered over a live version?

Have others heard different versions? Do I just keep turning it on at the wrong time and hearing Dancing Barefoot/God Part II/Silver and Goddamn Gold every time?

How is it possible that it's almost the end of the month and the only version of Streets I've heard them play is the one with the Soweto Gospel Choir layered over a live version?

Have others heard different versions? Do I just keep turning it on at the wrong time and hearing Dancing Barefoot/God Part II/Silver and Goddamn Gold every time?
They want people to forget that Streets exists for a few more weeks

I’ve heard the album version a few times. Not as many times as I’ve heard Unchained Melody or Big Girls Are Best, unfortunately.

I hear Everlasting Love a lot. And the Ballad of Ronnie Drew. A LOT. But some good rarities.

They just played Red Hill Mining Town leading into Boots. Yikes. As jarring as Acrobat to YTBTAM.

I was hoping it wasnt just me. Every day i hear dancing barefoot. Lol i didnt know it was such a u2 classic. I also seem to keep hearing ,unchained melody , saints are coming, miss sarajevo, in a little while, lol.. Proly after that is beatiful day, discotheque, and outtakes of the fly. I hear alot of the new album but seems to be a different song each time. Oh forgot i hear numb near daily. Lol.

Typo on SiriusXM U2 cover

I never heard of this song title before ;-)

Although Winter happens to be the first song my daughter ever heard!

Attachments

• IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Yes, but WHICH Winter?

My daughter was born before the Brothers version came out, so I played the Linear version on the ride home from the hospital.

She was crying like mad when the car started moving (which is why I decided to put on some music) and she stopped crying the second she heard the first notes of Winter :hmm:

My daughter was born before the Brothers version came out, so I played the Linear version on the ride home from the hospital.

She was crying like mad when the car started moving (which is why I decided to put on some music) and she stopped crying the second she heard the first notes of Winter :hmm:

The gas probably just passed.

Really enjoying the channel, despite the repetitive interview loops. Listening to their music on the channel in a way I'd never choose to listen to their music myself, has been really interesting. My overall takeaway, go figure, this is a REALLY good band:) What a breadth and depth and variety of music, overall, which I always knew but which is really pointed out when you listen to say, A Sort of Homecoming back to back with HMTMKM. I don't have to change the channel very often (Boots, Crazy, etc.) Even some of songs I've always regarded as so-so I have a new appreciation for upon hearing them again (In a Little While, Wild Honey, etc.) I've even heard some songs that are completely new for me (Oh Berlin, Where Did it All Go Wrong, Dancing Barefoot). Hope it becomes permanent.

They extended the channel though july. I enjoy hearing songs i never thought i would hear on the radio. But certain songs seem to be on every time i turn it on. Unchained melody studio cover all the time lol.

is there anyway we can influence Sirius to make U2 channel permanent?

is there anyway we can influence Sirius to make U2 channel permanent?

Lets all of us u2 fans email sirius to make the channel permanent !!!!!!!

Lets show Sirius the enormity of U2 fans to keep the channel permanent !!

ANYONE??????

It’s a great channel, but if they extend it again and/or make it permanent, they really need to give it the Beatles Channel treatment. Meaning they need some guest DJs and special countdowns and programs to keep things interesting. With U2’s catalog, it could totally be done well, and I’d love to see it.

I do not want them to continue the current format. Certain songs already mentioned (Dancing Barefoot, Silver and Gold, etc) are getting played way too often. And the 20 or so sound bytes they keep rotating are really starting to get old.

I will, however, be forever grateful to Sirius XM for introducing me to a few ZooTV-era songs and arrangements that I’ve not heard before. Particularly the song “Oh Berlin”. What an absolute gem....

Last edited:
It’s a great channel, but if they extend it again and/or make it permanent, they really need to give it the Beatles Channel treatment. Meaning they need some guest DJs and special countdowns and programs to keep things interesting. With U2’s catalog, it could totally be done well, and I’d love to see it.

I do not want them to continue the current format. Certain songs already mentioned (Dancing Barefoot, Silver and Gold, etc) are getting played way too often. And the 20 or so sound bytes they keep rotating are really starting to get old.

I will, however, be forever grateful to Sirius XM for introducing me to a few ZooTV-era songs and arrangements that I’ve not heard before. Particularly the song “Oh Berlin”. What an absolute gem....
We'll obviously if it stays they'd have to expand the programming options.

But yea, this channel should stay. There's zero downside to it for the band, only upside.

Which is why it'll go away next week.

I just started listening yesterday (didn't think it would be available here, even online). I'm loving it! So yeah, I hope Sirius XM will keep this channel.

And oh, songs I'm hearing most are Everlasting Love and Zooropa, haven't heard Unchained Melody or Dancing Barefoot yet. :)

I love the channel, even though it is seriously cutting into my Yacht Rock listening (only 25% kidding).

Before listening to the channel last night, I had never heard the One Tree Hill from Auckland in 2010 when they paid tribute to the victims of a mining disaster earlier that month. If that didn't melt my cold, cold heard...wow.

Back
Top Bottom